Selfless young fan returns baseball to upset boy

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Selfless young fan returns ball to upset boy

[snip]

In one of the most heartwarming scenes you'll ever see, a young Arizona Diamondbacks fan named Ian made Wednesday's play of the day at Chase Field after an even younger fan named Nicholas missed a ball thrown his way by Milwaukee Brewers second baseman Rickie Weeks.

Though the dropped ball was instead handed to Ian by another person, he immediately recognized what he had to do after seeing Nicholas in a distraught state after botching an attempt at a souvenir. With an amazed audience looking on, Ian marched back down the stairs and graciously handed the baseball over to Nicholas, a Brewers fan, without any prodding from anyone else.

More: http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/blog/bi...lfless-young-fan-returns-ball?urn=mlb-wp13421

VIDEO AT LINK :)

That just warmed my heart so much. With all the madness in the world, there just might be a little hope.

Bless both those young boys!

Mel

I saw this on the news yesterday morning. So nice to see examples of a young person knowing how to do the right and kind thing for another. So many of the stories we see today are about children doing wrong and wrong being done to children. It gives me hope whenever I see a story like this. Hope that all is not lost, there are still young people being raised to feel empathy, compassion and know how to do the right thing, simply because it IS the right thing.

Kudos to Ian McMillan. He made a statement that my dd and I were struck by. He said "If you do good things, good things will happen to you." upon being called into the box to receive an autographed bat.

My dd and I talk alot about simply acts of kindness. We call it putting the good out there so it can find its way back to us. She said "look mom, he and his parents know about it too!"

Yes. I like this story. The ball is a "dream" of hope to the very young. The older you get, a baseball becomes just a baseball.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back