GUILTY FL - Lisa Story, 32, & Robin Cornell, 11, slain, Cape Coral, 10 May 1990 *Arrest in 2016*

JeannieC

Reaction score
May 10, 1990, 11 year old Robyn Cornill and her 32 year old babysitter, Lisa Story were found beaten, raped, and smothered to death in Cape Coral, Florida.

Sometime between the hours of 11:00 P.M. on May 9 1990, and 4:00 A.M. on May 10 1990, unknown assailant(s) entered a residence located at 631 SE 12 Avenue, Unit # 100, also known as the Courtyards Apartments, Cape Coral, Florida and murdered Robin Cornell, 11 year old white female and Lisa Story, 32 year old white female. Both victims were sexually assaulted, post-mortem.

http://www.fdle.state.fl.us/Content...e/Homicides/Lisa-Story-and-Robin-Cornell.aspx

This case has been featured on AMW.

Date: May 8, 2009
Subject: Cape Police Continue to Seek Justice as 19th Anniversary Approaches for Cornell/Story Homicides

The double-homicide has been featured twice on America’s Most Wanted, airing on January 21, 2006 and again on July 28, 2007. Two years ago, Cape Police hired a retired New York City detective, Fidel Balan, to investigate this cold case and try to develop any new leads on the murders. Balan was unable to solve the case prior to the expiration of his contract.

Jan Cornell continues to hold out hope that her daughter’s murder someday will be solved

http://www.capecoral.net/CapeCoralH...View/ModuleId/3218/articleId/792/Default.aspx

So many of the cases I read have people who are very frustrated with LE, very critical, and fedup with the slow wheels of justice so I wanted to share this with everyone who will read it. LE is a tuff job and yes mistakes are made. They are human just like us so I challenge any of us to do the job they do and not make a mistake and not be slow to act in order to get the evidence necessary to get a conviction.

This was stated 19 years after the murder of her daughter! God Bless Jan Cornell!

Jan Cornell continues to hold out hope that her daughter’s murder someday will be solved, and she supports the Cape Coral Police Department’s steadfast determination to find the killer. If anyone has any information regarding this case, please call the Cape Coral Police Department at (239) 574-3223 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-780-TIPS.

A white male with type O blood...I wonder if he used the socks on his hands rather than his feet when he was dealing with the doors etc? Well they know what he drove for a vehicle...I wonder why that hasnt been released?

A white male with type O blood...I wonder if he used the socks on his hands rather than his feet when he was dealing with the doors etc? Well they know what he drove for a vehicle...I wonder why that hasnt been released?

I don't know where you got your information but thanks. I too wonder why they wouldn't give out the information on the vehicle. Really might have helped!

White male with type O blood. Was there blood at the scene or what and where did you find out about the socks? That would make sense to use them on his hands.

Clues Left Behind

"Police say they recovered the killer's DNA from the crime scene. They've learned the killer is a white male with type "O" blood. Police say the killer took several items from the crime scene, including, Lisa Story's driver's license, her credit cards, her checkbook, and a new wrist watch that Lisa had bought to give to her boyfriend. None of the items have ever been recovered. Detectives found a pair of white socks, that didn't belong to anyone in the house, on a dining room chair. They also found a set of car keys, sitting on a TV in Jan's room. The keys didn't belong to Jan Cornell or Lisa Story. Police believe they may have belonged to the killer, who accidently left them behind."

From AMW May 11, 2011

Yes, Jeanne-I read it on the AMW synopsis. Has anyone contacted LE and asked if they would consider releasing the vehicle information?

The thing is, and I am a civilian, this is a pretty specific crime. And LE knows that...this was really planned and to take a gift that one of the victims was giving to someone they loved...I mean it is hard to believe that she or both didnt know this person. I am sure LE swabbed and talked to everyone...I am going to assume Lisa's boyfriend was ruled out.

And to assault them after their death...the whole crime is horrifying. It reminds me of Tim Hennis in a way-I wonder if LE could run the DNA through AFDIL?? It is a military database.

The DL and cc's-well either they were trophies of sorts or they were sold perhaps. LE, and especially FDLE do regular status checks on crimes like these...in other words they run the DL info and see if they can find someone using the identity somewhere in the US. They did this in Tammy Lynn Leppert's case and actually found someone using her identity. The person was an imposter, although they even swabbed her for DNA to compare to Tammy.

Sorry for all of the back to back posts...from what I can see Cape Coral has a Coast Guard Base and the Navy has a presence there. I am certain this has occurred to LE as well...AFDIL might be a great option. I would love to know if that avenue has been explored.

Sorry for all of the back to back posts...from what I can see Cape Coral has a Coast Guard Base and the Navy has a presence there. I am certain this has occurred to LE as well...AFDIL might be a great option. I would love to know if that avenue has been explored.

Pics.pdf

I don't know the answers but I'm going to try to find out. I don't know if they will tell me or not but it can't hurt to ask!

Yes, Jeanne-I read it on the AMW synopsis. Has anyone contacted LE and asked if they would consider releasing the vehicle information?

That is something that I really wonder about. Isn't it a given in a case like this, give the vehicle information? That really puzzles me. I intend to ask them about it. Might not get an answer but all they can say is "no".

The thing is, and I am a civilian, this is a pretty specific crime. And LE knows that...this was really planned and to take a gift that one of the victims was giving to someone they loved...I mean it is hard to believe that she or both didnt know this person. I am sure LE swabbed and talked to everyone...I am going to assume Lisa's boyfriend was ruled out.

And to assault them after their death...the whole crime is horrifying. It reminds me of Tim Hennis in a way-I wonder if LE could run the DNA through AFDIL?? It is a military database.

I have wondered the same thing. Did Lisa know her attacker or did the person intend to attack Jan? Lisa had just moved in so maybe it was someone who was going after Jan and found Lisa and Robin instead.

I wonder about the assault after death too. Could it mean he did know them and couldn't do it while they were alive, couldn't look at them looking at him, or is he the kind of person who rapes only a deceased victim. Too horrible to even think about!

With all the evidence that was left behind I wonder why this hasn't been solved yet. Surely this wasn't the only time this person has done this. Only a sick, sick person could rape not one but two dead females..........

The DL and cc's-well either they were trophies of sorts or they were sold perhaps. LE, and especially FDLE do regular status checks on crimes like these...in other words they run the DL info and see if they can find someone using the identity somewhere in the US. They did this in Tammy Lynn Leppert's case and actually found someone using her identity. The person was an imposter, although they even swabbed her for DNA to compare to Tammy.

According to the information given in May 2011 on AMW FDLE is still working on the case and considers it an active case. Still, I wonder why it hasn't been solved. Could they have a suspect and keep bringing this up on AMW to shake him up or rattle his cage so to speak? Another option is maybe they keep hoping someone from another area of LE will come forward with a similar case. Could this have been a member of the CG or other branch of the military and is no longer in the area?

And to assault them after their death...the whole crime is horrifying. It reminds me of Tim Hennis in a way-I wonder if LE could run the DNA through AFDIL?? It is a military database.[/QUOTE]

In what way does it remind you of Tim Hennis? Military?

I guess the assault in the middle of the night, the military angle, the murder of the child and the belief that Hennis did not commit another crime like the one he received the DP for.

I agree with you that to me it seems likely the killer was looking for Jan, but since Lisa was new, it is possible he was following her to her new destination.

Assaults after death have always struck me as so distainful...but I am no expert. It is one last thing to take from a victim, one last indignity.

I agree, this crime seems solveable, and I bet FDLE feels the same. They just have to widen the net some more.

I will be interested to find out about the car.

I guess the assault in the middle of the night, the military angle, the murder of the child and the belief that Hennis did not commit another crime like the one he received the DP for.

I agree with you that to me it seems likely the killer was looking for Jan, but since Lisa was new, it is possible he was following her to her new destination.

Assaults after death have always struck me as so distainful...but I am no expert. It is one last thing to take from a victim, one last indignity.

I agree, this crime seems solveable, and I bet FDLE feels the same. They just have to widen the net some more.

I will be interested to find out about the car.

One thing bothers me about the car keys. If the killer left his keys where was the car? Did he go home, get a spare and come back to retrieve the car or hot wire it? Could it have been towed or just left in the street or parking lot?

The only reason I can come up with not releasing the information about the car is because it was a common make like Ford, Chevrolet, Toyota. The key wouldn't tell the model or year just the make. Possibly they didn't want a million calls on a car they couldn't identify. The older keys didn't have a serial number.

I wonder if there was more on the key chain than they are telling.

I think this person had a real hatred for females. He not only raped the woman but the girl and you are right.........he wanted to totally show them and everyone else how little they mattered. I just can't imagine this was or is his only attack.

I'm going to do more research before I contact LE. I might have more questions. They might only give me one chance at it.

I'd love to have one of them come on WS and tell what they can and will. Does that ever happen?

Sometimes...and sometimes they will monitor the threads from afar. I would definitely give them the link. To refine the thought on the keys...where was the car-remember Jan said she believed someone went out the back when she arrived...at least that is what I recall from your sources. I suspect he decided not to go back to retrieve his keys....or his socks.

So he must not have been lying in wait for Jan, come to think about it. Or he was tired from what he had done and didnt have the energy to deal with her.

My vote then is that the target was Lisa or maybe Robin.

but I think the killer knew her & was invited there & the gift was possibly for him and that's why he took it with him ... wonder if it was engraved ... wonder if he was married ...

I think the killer lived in the neighbourhood and that's why he didn't need his car keys - was able to run home and had a spare set at home anyway ... or even if he drove & parked a few blocks away, was still able to escape and retrieve his car later on

I suspect the killer knew Jan as well ... JMO

ETA: deleted sentences about the watch, as I see now that the babysitter actually lived there

ETA 2: deleted another sentence as I see nothing about Jan walking in as the killer was exiting on the AMW website

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back