: July 15, 1991 from San Diego, California
Classification
: Endangered Missing
Date Of Birth
: September 29, 1981
Height and Weight
: 5'2, 99 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics
: African-American female. Black hair, brown eyes. Wilson has three scar on the front of her right calf. Her upper front teeth protrude. She wore her hair in cornrow braids at the time of her 1991 disappearance. Wilson may be using the last name Robinson. Some agencies spell her first name "Rasheedya." Wilson's ears are pierced.

Details of Disappearance

Wilson was playing on the fire escape of an apartment building in San Diego, California on July 15, 1991. The building superintendent asked Wilson and her friend to move away from the fire escape, as it was dangerous. They left the area immediately and parted ways. Wilson said that she was going to walk to downtown San Diego. She never returned home and has not been seen again.

Wilson's mother and sister, whom she lived with, resided in a residential hotel across the street from the building where she was last seen. At first when she disappeared no one worried because Wilson had disappeared once before, months prior to her disappearance, and then been found safe. She is described as a streetwise child. Investigators now believe Wilson met with foul play. Her case is unsolved.

Investigating Agency
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
San Diego Police Department
619-531-2000

Charley Project
NCMEC

I have access to an online newspaper archive database and I was able to find a few articles about Rasheedya's case. Here are some tidbits that didn't see mentioned before:

1.) Rasheedya had previously disappeared on April 8. LE was notified at 8:30 AM and found her that evening at her school (Sherman Elementary School).

2.) Rasheedya's mom described her daughter as being "too damn friendly"

3.) The area where Rasheedya lived was heavily populated with transients.

2011:

Twenty years ago this month, a fourth-grader named Rasheeyda Robinson Wilson told her mom she was going outside to play and never came home.

She was one of three 9-year-old girls in San Diego who disappeared that year — three gone in five months. Two were later found murdered. Arrests and convictions followed.

A few weeks earlier, another 9-year-old, Laura Arroyo, had been abducted from her family’s condominium in San Ysidro after answering the door. Her body was found the next day about three miles away in a business park. A former neighbor was arrested 12 years later after a DNA break in the case. He was convicted and is on death row...

Public attention waned until three months later, when Amanda Gaeke, also 9, disappeared while riding her bike near her North Park home. Her body was found in a canyon 11 days later. In 1996, acting on a tip, police arrested a neighbor. He was convicted and sentenced to life in prison.

Police found no evidence linking Rasheeyda to the other two girls, or their killers.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.sand...2-story,amp.html?client=ms-android-sonymobile

Here's the adress she went missing from, however the hotel has been demolished since and the neighbourhood changed alot but it's obvious that it's apoor neighbourhood

Google Maps

Google Maps

I feel like based on the circumstances she was abducted probably, I wonder if there were any witnesses since this took place in central San Diego.

There were a lot of terrifying incidents in San Diego in this time period. Past child abduction and murder cases in San Diego County
This list doesn't even include the teenage girl in Santee who was murdered in her own bedroom (by a neighbor). Or the little boy who got murdered in the public restroom at the beach in Oceanside. Or the Clairemont serial killer. Still, I wonder if Raysheeda could have been abducted by one of the other perpetrators from the late 1980s.
I was a latchkey kid who came home on public transportation every day to an empty apartment in central San Diego, from age 11 onward. I remember all of these cases. Scary, scary when I look back on it.

News article published 2 days after Rasheeyda disappearance

9-Year-Old Girl Disappears in Downtown S.D.
July 17, 1991

Police are searching for a 9-year-old girl who has been missing from downtown San Diego since 2:30 p.m. Monday.

Rasheeyda Robinson Wilson was last seen playing on a fire escape at 830 12th Ave., San Diego police spokesman Bill Robinson said. The manager of the building had asked her to get off the escape, saying it was unsafe, Robinson said. She obeyed, left the area, and has not been seen since, he said.

So far there are no signs of foul play, Robinson said.

The child's aunt, Maria Wilson, said her niece had also been seen playing with a friend across the street from where she lives in the 1100 block of F Street. Rasheeyda reportedly left her friend about 2:30 p.m., Wilson said. She did not know if that was before or after Rasheeyda was seen on the fire escape.

Rasheeyda has stayed late at friends' houses to play after school, but she has never run away, Wilson said. "She's never been gone with friends for more than three or four hours," Wilson said.

Her mother, Victoria Wilson, became worried after Rasheeyda did not come home Monday afternoon and called police about 6:30 p.m., Maria Wilson said.

Rasheeyda, who is black, is 5-foot-2 and weighs about 100 pounds. She was last seen wearing blue jeans, a white shirt with pink and green trim on the shoulders, and has black hair and brown eyes. Anyone with information is asked to call police at 531-2000.

9-Year-Old Girl Disappears in Downtown S.D.

NamUs
Case Numbers

NCMEC Number 846044

Missing Age: 9 Years
Current Age: 37 Years
First Name: Rasheeyda
Middle Name: Robinson
Last Name: Wilson

Sex: Female
Race / Ethnicity: Black / African American
Height: 5' 2" (62 Inches)
Weight: 100 lbs

Scar/mark: Right front calf has 3 scars

Clothing and Accessories
Clothing: White shirt with pink and green shoulder pads, blue jeans
Footwear: White sandals
Jewelry:Gold chain with a cross

Circumstances

Date of Last ContactJuly 15, 1991
NamUs Case CreatedApril 15, 2010

Location San Diego, California

Circumstances of Disappearance: Rasheeyda was last seen walking away from her mother's apartment in San Diego, California. She has a 3-inch scar on the front of her right calf. She may use the last name Robinson.

Her NamUs link - Missing Person Case

I looked up information about the Yale Hotel where Rasheeyda lived. Listed as a single room occupancy (SRO) hotel, a 1987 LA Times article noted that it was one of the few SROs that accepted children.... The "wooden floors" are described as "encrusted with dirt." Residents sit on "destroyed couches" in the lobby. The cooking facilities at the end of a hallway consisted of "an abandoned stove" with no "knobs." The rate ranged from $260 to $285 and was chosen by many residents because it did not charge large security deposits... There are complaints of "mold, bugs, mice, grease on the walls, and mold and mildew damage to the ceilings," which requires periodic inspections by the city's housing inspection division...

The manager of the Yale Hotel noted that he pays a lot of money to the building's owner, which "doesn't leave him any money to invest in the building." As soon as he makes the repairs, "some tenants vandalize the building" noting that "every time he puts knobs back on the stove, they immediately steal them" saying "what am I going to do: starve my family, let my house collapses." foreclosure, so I can put money into a hotel for people to vandalize it and make it dirty in a matter of a month." Vandalism, he says, costs him $500 a month....
After all, maybe the girl was the victim of some mentally ill neighbor...

Thanks for the link to The Charley Project. They say, "Two other young girls disappeared from the San Diego area around that time, one a few weeks before Rasheeyda disappeared and one a few months after. Both of them were later found murdered, and separate suspects are now in prison for the crimes."
Does anyone remember what cases they are referring to?
I thought maybe Leticia Hernandez (of Oceanside) was one of them. But when I look up that case, she disappeared 12/16/89, so not in the 1991 timeframe suggested. What cases are they referring to?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie
Back