GUILTY MI - Mariha Smith, 5, Detroit, 24 July 2011

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Amber Alert Issued In Detroit

We have an amber alert out of Detroit where a 5-year-old girl is missing.

Her name is Mariha Trenice Smith and lives on 3827 Burlingame Street in Detroit. She was last seen by her mother around 3 a.m. Saturday morning sleeping on the floor. The mother realized she was gone around noon on Saturday.

More: http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/28651376/detail.html

Amber Alert

The Detroit Police Department is investigating an incident of an endangered missing child MARIHA TRENICE SMITH from 3827 Burlingame Street, Detroit, Michigan.

MARIHA TRENICE SMITH's description is as follows: black female, 5 years old, 2 feet 5 inches, 26 pounds black eyes and black hair and was wearing a Black t-shirt with pink flowers on it and blue jean pants.

MARIHA TRENICE SMITH was last seen by her mother sleeping on the family home floor between 3:00am and noon on Sunday July 24, 2011.

The Detroit Police Department says MARIHA TRENICE SMITH was allegedly abducted from her residence by an unknown abductor between 3:00am-12:00pm on Sunday July 24, 2011.

If you have any information on the alleged victim or abductor IMMEDIATELY telephone 911 or Detroit Police Department at 313-596-5900.

download-image.do

http://www.missingkids.com/missingkids/servlet/AmberExternalFCServlet?act=retAmberCase&amberId=8770

Why was this child on the floor and not in bed???
Why no supervision until noon???
Much more to this story, I am afraid, and not a good outcome expected.
Praying for this child's safety.

Yes, it never seems to end well when the child was last seen sometime in the middle of the night, then not checked on until mid-day. Also concerning when the child is sleeping in day clothes.

But the police are calling it an abduction. So we will see. Just hoping little Mariha is okay.

I don't know if this is related. Someone told me this house is about 3 miles from the missing child's home.

Detroit police say the body of a young child was found after a house fire on the city's west site.

Police tell The Detroit News the body was found about 8 a.m. Sunday. They say they don't yet know the age or sex of the child and are awaiting the results of an autopsy.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/chi-ap-mi-fire-deadchild,0,1961541.story

Address of this house:

The blaze began in a in a residence in the 2900 block of Waverly near Davison and Linwood Streets on the city's west side around 7:57 a.m.

http://detnews.com/article/20110724...d-in-burned-out-home-in-Detroit#ixzz1T4Z9LTbc

ETA: I'm getting 1.2 miles, but I'm no good with maps. Could someone double check this please?

Waverly St, Detroit, MI to 3827 Burlingame St, Detroit, MI 48206 - Google Maps

Well they certainly word that oddly. If there was a child living in the home at the time, they would probably say that, right? Expecting that the body would be that child?

I hope that's not related... (Either way, a deceased child is horrible.)

"We are still trying to determine why the child was there and where the parents of the child are," said Lieutenant Duane Blackman of Detroit Police.

The body was burned beyond recognition, according to police.

Firefighters said the fire started in the living room, near the mattress where the child was laying down.

A woman living nearby told police she saw a man walking out or near the house.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/28650920/detail.html

Yes, it never seems to end well when the child was last seen sometime in the middle of the night, then not checked on until mid-day. Also concerning when the child is sleeping in day clothes.

But the police are calling it an abduction. So we will see. Just hoping little Mariha is okay.

Disconcerting for me also that she was sleeping on the floor, not in night clothes and there appears to be an 8 hour span of her being unaccounted for.

I am praying she is safe somewhere, however it doesn't look good........

:(

MOO

Just something else to consider, in case this turns out to be something other than what we are all thinking right now...

Nevaeh Buchanan was kidnapped and murdered in Monroe, Michigan just over 2 years ago. Monroe is about 40 miles from Detroit. Nevaeh was also 5. Her case is still unsolved (or, at the very least, without any charges in relation to it).

I'm not saying they're related. But close enough to think about.

I'm always so suspicious of parents who claim to have seen their child in the wee hours. With the exception of the child being an infant, or sick, why would a parent encounter a child at 3 a.m., and then not notice they were gone until noon the next day? It creates an image of a chaotic household - adults walking around the house in the wee hours, but yet being unaware of a missing child later until noon, a child sleeping on the floor in day clothes. You end up wondering how they will ever piece together what happened to this beautiful little child.

So at 3 am, someone 'notices' this 5 yr old is asleep on the floor, still in her clothes, near a wide open window. But nobody scoops her up and puts her into a bed, or closes the window? And it takes until noon the next day to register that she is even missing? Sounds to me like the poor baby was in a very difficult living situation. She deserves better care than that, imo.

So did Hayleigh Cummings. :(

Well, her caretakers noticed she was "missing" in the wee hours, but otherwise similar.

Dannarriah Finley near Galveston went missing under similar circumstances, later was found nude and murdered (case never solved) as did that cute little 4 year old First Nations girl in Canada. She was a twin - I forget her name - but numerous adults claimed to have "checked on her" but she was missing later that next day. God knows what happened. In this story there isn't enough detail at all to try to think of what could have happened to her.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ghost246
Back