GUILTY OR - Douglas Swanson, 51, Portland, 19 Oct 2004

fourboys

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
www.angelsmissing.com
Police looking for missing Portland attorney
October 22 2004

PORTLAND, Ore. - Police in Portland are searching for a 51-year-old Portland attorney who has been missing for several days.
Douglas Swanson, a partner in the law firm of Swanson, Thomas & Coon, was last seen in southeast Portland.

Police say he was spotted leaving an area at Southeast 34th and Belmont Street around 7:00 p.m. on Tuesday, but has not been seen since, neither at home or work.

Swanson has missed several appointments and police say the circumstances surrounding his disappearance are suspicious.

Swanson's description is as follows:

6 feet tall
180 pounds
Brown hair
Brown eyes
He was last seen wearing a brown sweater, leather jacket and dark pants.

Anyone with information about his disappearance is urged to call the Portland Police Bureau Detective Division at (503) 823-4636.

(From KATU & AP reports)

Link to article with photo:
http://www.katu.com/news/story.asp?ID=72025

What kind of lawyer is he? I wonder if come client has a beef with him (I know, I know....I watch too much TV - LOL)....

amandab said:
What kind of lawyer is he? I wonder if come client has a beef with him (I know, I know....I watch too much TV - LOL)....

Don't worry, I was just thinking the same thing. Unhappy client decided to take matters into their own hands? I'm hoping for the best here.

I haven't heard much more than that. He did a lot of personal claims work. He was the down to earth one of his law team. One of the lawyers in his firm was interviewed outside of his home. He said something like, in a firm, you will have your 'hotshot'. He was the down to earth one.

They found a body today in the outskirts of Clackamas County, the outskirts of Portland I watched the local news about 6pm tonight in Portland. At that point there was no verification as to who this body could be. The body was found off of a logging road ~ an out of the way place for sure. They said they had no idea how a body could be dumped up there.

He is listed first in the title of his firm. He must have been upstanding to have acheived that status or position.

I think it is too early to surmise anything. They said they are investigating every part of his life right now to see if anything clicks! Could be the thing you would never expect in a million years, right?

Remember this was a newscast I heard while not expecting to hear anything of import. Hope I got it right! :]

There is a family in Portland tonight which has suddenly been thrown into an abyss of horror, not knowing where their loved one is and what in the world could have happened to him. Say a little prayer for them. Sudden happenings are startling for family to deal with. He has 2 small children and is married.

The last thought is, that we know the least of what the investigators have discovered in the case, for sure! There has to be much more to this story for him to fall off the face of the earth.

It is 9:45 in Portland now. The last news is that there is still no ID on the body found earlier today.

xoxoxo
Scandi

Portland lawyer was murdered, police say

03:14 PM PDT on Saturday, October 23, 2004
By ANTONIA GIEDWOYN, kgw.com Staff

A Portland lawyer missing since early last week was murdered, police said Saturday.

Authorities confirmed that the body found Friday in rural Clackamas County is that of Douglas Alan Swanson, who vanished from southeast Portland on Tuesday night.

Swanson, 51, died of homicidal violence, according to Sgt. Brian Schmautz with the Portland Police Bureau. Schmautz would not say how the man was killed. An autopsy was planned for later in the day.

Authorities are trying to identify suspects in the case. So far, police have not made any arrests, Schmautz said.

Swanson’s body was found Friday morning near Estacada. He had not returned home or reported to work since Tuesday night. All along, police had described his disappearance from the 900 block of SE Belmont St. as suspicious.

Police haven’t disclosed where exactly Swanson’s body was found, who found him, or what led Portland investigators to the remote area accessible only through logging roads off Highway 224.

Swanson was a partner in the law firm of Swanson, Thomas & Coon and handled personal injury and workers' compensation cases.
http://www.kgw.com/news-local/stories/kgw_102304_swanson_body.1a1de1ca.html

Quote from the link below:

Swanson was active in organizations for the poor, including the Oregon Law Foundation, which raises money for legal aid services; the Brain Injury Association; Green Empowerment, a nonprofit that promotes low-intensity energy projects; Jobs With Justice; and the Black United Front.
http://www.oregonlive.com/news/oregonian/index.ssf?/base/news/1098619151168252.xml

Thoughts and prayers to his family and friends.

fourboys

Tonight the blurb on the news is that he had some sort of a double life. They have said it was an agreed to and planned meeting. Also that no details of the murder itself would be divulged - but they did say it was something like a gruesome or - whatever word they used intimated it was a bad.

I wonder if the Estacada police will be in charge of the investigation. Or since it is in Clackamas County maybe them out of Oregon City. The spokesman was from Portland Police from where he was last seen. Interesting. I would think the death would be investigated by the authority where the body was found dead. ?????

Scandi

Can someone pls move Doug's thread to located?

Thank you so much!
Prayers for justice, Lanie

scandi said:
Tonight the blurb on the news is that he had some sort of a double life. They have said it was an agreed to and planned meeting. Also that no details of the murder itself would be divulged - but they did say it was something like a gruesome or - whatever word they used intimated it was a bad.

I wonder if the Estacada police will be in charge of the investigation. Or since it is in Clackamas County maybe them out of Oregon City. The spokesman was from Portland Police from where he was last seen. Interesting. I would think the death would be investigated by the authority where the body was found dead. ?????

Scandi

I heard the double life was nothing more than chatting on the internet in chat rooms. They said no one in his family or work new he frequented these chat rooms. They said also, they could not find any evidence of drug use or affairs, but just chatting on the internet and the people involved in his murder were people in the same rooms. Has anyone else heard about this and have any further info?

He was apparently married with sons, coached his sons in soccer - doubt that sex was involved. The police have discounted drugs, correct? It sounds like his killers were a man and a woman. Do you suppose the killing was robbery?

From 2007:

http://www.katu.com/news/local/5596986.html

A man convicted of kidnapping and killing a Portland lawyer was sentenced to 42 years in prison Tuesday. Stuwart Lueb, 34, appeared to choke back tears while apologizing for killing lawyer Doug Swanson during a hearing in Multnomah County Circuit Court...

His girlfriend, 22-year-old Lydia Marie Way, was also sentenced to life in prison Tuesday for her role in the plot. She will have the possibility of parole after 25 years.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthseeker158
Back