Jurors names to be released on or after 10/25

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, it's good that he is waiting that long. More time for people to cool off.

I live in Pinellas County (County where the jurors were selected) and as much as I would have loved to be on that jury I AM SO GLAD I WAS NOT PICKED!!!! Of course, then again, maybe not, because by now it would have been a hung jury or we'd still be in there.........

Well, it's good that he is waiting that long. More time for people to cool off.

Here we go with the "the public is crazy" nonsense. NO acts of violence have happened to anyone known to be on the jury or to the defense team or FCA. Why keep perpetrating this fallacy? I don't understand it.

That gives the jurors some time to move and establish new identities ;)

MOO

Mel

well( and this is my opinon only mind you) if they had done their jobs, and not dropped the ball and convicted her on SOMETHING, then no need to protect their identities...i dont wish them harm, but they need a serious scolding...

I don't think anyone wishes any harm to the jurors, but I think they should have to complete a homework assignment ...

Read this article (already posted in a couple of other WS forums):

http://www.law.com/jsp/nlj/PubArtic...the_Casey_Anthony_trial&slreturn=1&hbxlogin=1

Then, stand up in front of the media and admit you made a mistake in this case by finding FCA not guilty of the major charges ....

That I would admire and it might lead to a little forgiveness on everyone's part ...

I posted the following in another thread but it should go here as well...

One thing that stood out to me in the article about HHJP not releasing the names until October...

"Eckstadt said fellow jurors have said they don't want each other talking to the media."

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...,5310429.story

I can't help but wonder why they would feel the need to make this decision or agreement as a group. Why the need to discuss it at all, actually? Why not leave that up to each individual? Then, of course, there were those that apparently broke ranks and talked anyway. Makes me feel very suspicious.

One thing that stood out to me in the article about HHJP not releasing the names until October...

"Eckstadt said fellow jurors have said they don't want each other talking to the media."

I can't help but wonder why they would feel the need to make this decision or agreement as a group. Why the need to discuss it at all, actually? Why not leave that up to each individual? Then, of course, there were those that apparently broke ranks and talked anyway. Makes me feel very suspicious.

Me too. My hinky meter flew off the charts on this on and hasn't come down.

Well that's a very odd statement (BBM). They don't want each other talking to the media? Why? Something to hide?

Well, we now know they must have discussed the media during deliberations, as what other time could they have done that? They should have been discussing the evidence and deliberating - not what they were going to say to the media.

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

MOO

Mel

I completely understand, just wish he would hold off longer for their safety :(

I can only hope that once the names are released, that Nancy Grace doesn't talk about each juror and who they are. It's one thing to release the names, and for those who absolutely feel the need to know, make them search. But don't throw their faces on the Nancy Grace Entertainment Show.

Will she do that? Probably. Gawd she'll probably spend an entire week on it.

:(

MOO

Mel

I wish that "reasonable doubt" vs. "shadow of a doubt" had been explained to the jurors a bit more clearly.
I watched the closing argument and also wonder if Caylee got lost in the arguments of defense vs. state.
Was it better to close with a picture of FCA's tattoo of "bella vita" or would it have been better to close with photos of Caylee, the haunting sound of her singing "You Are My Sunshine" and reminders of this little girl whose life was lost, way too soon, in search of "Bella Vita."
These and other questions haunt me as, in my opinion a killer is living in our midst. The jury did their job based on what they heard. They should not be penalized for doing what they thought was the right thing even though I don't agree.
That is going to have to be good enough for me.
All of this is my own opinion and thank goodness you do not have to agree with me.
Hugs to all.

Well that's a very odd statement (BBM). They don't want each other talking to the media? Why? Something to hide?

Well, we now know they must have discussed the media during deliberations, as what other time could they have done that? They should have been discussing the evidence and deliberating - not what they were going to say to the media.

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

MOO

Mel

IF they even discussed anything like this, they probably discussed it after deliberations when they were given the media packets. jmo.

edit: i'm sure they also exchanged numbers.

IF they even discussed anything like this, they probably discussed it after deliberations when they were given the media packets. jmo.

I sure hope so. I'd hate to think valuable deliberation time was wasted on anything other than discussing the verdict. But I guess that's a moot point now.

Mel

I noted this as well. It seems to me that they might have made this group pact after the others started talking and getting serious backlash in credible media articles.

IMO they got too close and did not bring to deliberation 12 individual thinkers. Sequestered, they likened themselves as a "family" and some critics suggested that could be why they arrived at such a quick verdict.

OC stated that FCA had no credible threats, and I doubt there are credible threats to anyone involved in this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123