GUILTY ID - James Blanchard for child abuse, Coeur d'Alene, 2011

Liz

I am not a chemist and this is not my 1st rodeo
Reaction score
Coeur d' Alene Baby In Critical Condition, Dad Arrested
Posted: Jul 25, 2011 11:15 AM PDT Updated: Jul 25, 2011 7:33 PM PDT

KHQ.COM - A 20 day old baby is at Sacred Heart Medical Center recovering from bleeding to the brain.

Early on Monday Coeur d' Alene Police arrested the baby's father, 19-year-old James Blanchard, for felony injury to a child. In court on Monday it was said that multiple witnesses could testify that Blanchard shook the baby forcefully.

More at link:
http://www.khq.com/story/15142531/coeur-d-alene

Yet another innocent infant, injured by the one that should be putting the child above all else.

Man allegedly injures child
Father arrested after 20-day-old baby suffers critical head injury

Posted: Tuesday, July 26, 2011 12:00 am | Updated: 8:44 am, Tue Jul 26, 2011.

James D. Blanchard appeared in a Kootenai County courtroom via video link before Judge Clark Peterson, who set Blanchard's bail at $100,000. Kootenai County Deputy Prosecutor David Robins sought bail of $250,000.

another snippet:

He said Blanchard allegedly did not call 911 when the boy was injured, but instead called the boy's mother, who was not home. She dialed 911 when she arrived at home.

"That is disturbing (alleged) conduct by this gentleman," Robins said.

The prosecutor also said more than one witness would be able to describe Blanchard allegedly either shaking the baby, forcing him to eat, screaming at the child, tossing him across a room, and even slamming the boy down into a crib.

Full article:
http://www.cdapress.com/news/local_...5cdf-889b-d8d9cb1d2d46.html#user-comment-area

If true, I find it disturbing and heartbreaking that a father, even a 19 year old father, could treat any child this way - much less their own child.

He did all that to the baby, and none of the witnesses stopped him? Nobody did anything until the mother got home and she called 911?

Dear God.

Poor, poor precious baby.

He did all that to the baby, and none of the witnesses stopped him? Nobody did anything until the mother got home and she called 911?

Dear God.

Poor, poor precious baby.

That's what is bothering me, too! For crying outloud, *why* in the world didn't someone speak out!? This tragedy very well could have been prevented, IF they had!

Just read this part of the Spokesman Review article, "If the baby is released, he’ll go into custody of the Idaho Department of Health and Welfare."

Thank goodness for that!

That's what is bothering me, too! For crying outloud, *why* in the world didn't someone speak out!? This tragedy very well could have been prevented, IF they had!

Just read this part of the Spokesman Review article, "If the baby is released, he’ll go into custody of the Idaho Department of Health and Welfare."

Thank goodness for that!

God. Just reading through the articles. To make it even better all this had been going on for some time.

And he didn't want the mother to call 911 when got home, even though the baby was having trouble breathing. She wouldn't call 911 until the other person there screamed at her.

20 days old. Not even 3 weeks, and that's the life he's had. God protect little Noah.

God. Just reading through the articles. To make it even better all this had been going on for some time.

And he didn't want the mother to call 911 when got home, even though the baby was having trouble breathing. She wouldn't call 911 until the other person there screamed at her.

20 days old. Not even 3 weeks, and that's the life he's had. God protect little Noah.

I know. This story has me in tears. I just don't understand how anyone, of any age, could be so cruel and heartless towards an innocent little baby.

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2011/jul/25/cda-police-baby-critical-condition-father-arrested/

snipped

Blanchard told police he, Ray and the baby were at a park in Post Falls with Ray’s family on Sunday and came home around 8 p.m. He said Noah was sleeping in his car seat in the living room when Ray left with Jenkins to get some take-out food from a Chinese restaurant.

Blanchard said he took Noah out of the car seat and laid him on the couch then went into the kitchen to make him a bottle. When he returned about a minute later, Noah was having trouble breathing, Blanchard told police. Blanchard said he called Ray, who returned home and called 911.

However, Jenkins told police that when he and Ray returned to the apartment, he told Ray to call 911 but Blanchard didn’t want her to. Jenkins said he had to yell at Ray to get her to call 911.

Ostafin and Jenkins told police they repeatedly have seen Blanchard handle Noah too roughly, including shaking him, kicking his car seat with him in it on the floor and dropping Noah forcefully into his bassinet from a height of six inches. He would also yell obscenities at Noah to make him stop crying, they said.

KXLY news just reported that little Noah is suffering seizures tonight, from his injuries. :(

Please pray for Noah.

Here's KXLY's story, dated 7/25:
Father Arrested After Baby Suffered Severe Head Injuries
http://www.kxly.com/news/28662796/detail.html

Little Noah's uncle (Andrew) is (allegedly) posting comments there, defending his brother, James.

I'm looking for an update on Baby Noah's condition but can't find anything today.

July 26 - Updated 11pm July 27th

Blanchard pleaded with the judge to see his son, who was last reported to be in critical condition in a Spokane hospital.

"I'll do anything," he told the judge.

Peterson issued a no-contact order against the father.
The judge said the baby would be sheltered by the state.

Blanchard's family members, outside the courtroom, said the baby, Noah Blanchard, had surgery in the morning at Providence Sacred Heart Medical Center in Spokane for the head injuries.

Robins said in court the baby had suffered seizures in the morning, and that his injuries were "grave."

http://www.cdapress.com/news/local_news/article_e2d6f7e7-ca33-5cdf-889b-d8d9cb1d2d46.html

I am going to guess that the seizures were from pressure in the brain from bleeding/swelling.

That they did surgery to relieve that pressure either removing part of the skull or putting in a shunt.

Hopefully that's all it was... as opposed to a major skull fracture or something else that required surgery.

Ostafin and Jenkins told police they repeatedly have seen Blanchard handle Noah too roughly, including shaking him, kicking his car seat with him in it on the floor and dropping Noah forcefully into his bassinet from a height of six inches. He would also yell obscenities at Noah to make him stop crying, they said.

Has this ever worked? Has a newborn baby ever stopped crying because someone yells obscenities at him?
However, the Kootenai County prosecutor’s office paints a different picture. In requesting Blanchard’s bond be set at $250,000, Deputy Prosecutor David Robins said he has “multiple witnesses” who will say Blanchard shook the baby forcefully, “would haphazardly toss the baby across the room,” and had slammed Noah down in his crib.

And no one did anything when he tossed his baby across the room?

The genius of these baby abusing parents never ceases to amaze me. I mean, if you don't like the sound of the baby crying, how does it make sense to slam him down in his crib, throw him across the room, yell at him etc.? Hurting and frightening the baby will just make him cry more unless you hurt him so bad you're going to get thrown in jail for it and you probably won't like jail either.

KXLY News at 11pm last night reported that baby Noah had been taken off the ventilator and was breathing on his own. Also that Noah had been upgraded to "serious" condition, from "critical". Here's the latest online about Noah.

Cd'A infant still in serious condition
Posted: Tuesday, August 2, 2011 12:00 am

Wood said doctors reported that medical problems from the injuries will likely be long-term.

"He will be hospitalized for quite some time," Wood said.

More:
http://www.cdapress.com/news/local_news/article_6b076705-4434-5152-bc71-ede2549f292d.html

So glad to hear that Noah is improving!

Hopefully lots of us will keep praying for Noah's recovery. No child should ever have to go throught what Noah went through in his first couple weeks of his life. He deserves so much better. We're pulling for you, Noah!

ETA: Found the story linked on KXLY:
Seriously Injured Baby Breathing On His Own
http://www.kxly.com/news/28733218/detail.html

Amen. Little guy is a fighter. I guess you'd have to be even at a few weeks old with people like this dropping you, throwing you, yelling at you, and shaking you all because you're an infant?

Hang in there little guy.

This is so sad. If he recovers, will he have any kind of quality of life or is the damage too severe?

KXLY News at 11pm last night reported that baby Noah had been taken off the ventilator and was breathing on his own. Also that Noah had been upgraded to "serious" condition, from "critical". Here's the latest online about Noah.

Cd'A infant still in serious condition
Posted: Tuesday, August 2, 2011 12:00 am

More:
http://www.cdapress.com/news/local_news/article_6b076705-4434-5152-bc71-ede2549f292d.html

So glad to hear that Noah is improving!

Hopefully lots of us will keep praying for Noah's recovery. No child should ever have to go throught what Noah went through in his first couple weeks of his life. He deserves so much better. We're pulling for you, Noah!

ETA: Found the story linked on KXLY:
Seriously Injured Baby Breathing On His Own
http://www.kxly.com/news/28733218/detail.html

Oh Liz! Thank you, thank you for finding this! I have been searching like crazy to find out how this little one is doing.

I'm praying for you Noah.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rebecca.ingram1214@gmail.
Back