GUILTY TX - Amber Elkins, 20, Humble, 24 July 2011

spicedtea

Reaction score
I don't know if I'm doing this right but I hope you guys will forgive me if not,I'm trying to get the word out as fast as possible and I don't know what else to do to help. This missing girl is the baby sister of my daughters friend and at this time all I know is that the girl disappeared last night but her car was found abandoned and the windows broken out. Amber wasn't found with the car and is missing. :(

Hopfully she'll be found safe. Can people in the area keep a look out? We (including her sister) live up here in missouri. She may be wandering and lost and need help. And many prayers please.

Amber Elkins, 20, hasn't been heard from since Sunday night, according to family members. On Tuesday, her SUV was found near a car wash. A window was broken and the witness who found it told Eyewitness News there was blood inside and signs of a violent struggle.

The Harris County Sheriff's Department is investigating.

Elkins, the mother of a baby girl, is described as 5'9" tall, weighing 130 pounds, with brown eyes and brown hair. If you have any information on her whereabouts, you're asked to call the Harris County Sheriff's Department at 713-967-5810. Family members say Elkins' daughter is safe with her father.

Snipped from: http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/local&id=8276220

Foul Play Suspected

The search continues for a young mother from Spring who has been missing since Sunday. Harris County homicide detectives believe 20-year-old Amber Elkins may be a victim of foul play.

Elkins called her father Sunday evening, but she didn’t answer when he tried to call back an hour later, according to a friend.

Elkins' mother said Amber texted her early Monday saying she needed gas money. When she tried to call Amber, a man answered her phone, hung up and turned it off.

She hasn't heard from her since. Amber had been living with her mother and frequently checked in.

On Tuesday, deputies from the Harris County Sheriff’s Department found Elkins’ green Chevrolet Trail Blazer behind a car wash in the 13900 block of Homestead Road near Humble. The front passenger window had been smashed in and there was a lot of blood in the car.

Homicide detectives were called to the scene and the blood was sent in for testing to determine if it was from Elkins.

Investigators have searched Greens Bayou near where Elkins' car was found. They have also searched the area by helicopter.

Snipped: http://www.khou.com/news/crime/HCSO...-have-been-victim-of-foul-play-126355298.html

This doesn't sound good. :(

http://www.khou.com/news/local/HCSO...-have-been-victim-of-foul-play-126355298.html

by KHOU.com staff report
khou.com
Posted on July 28, 2011 at 4:34 PM
Updated today at 6:31 PM

HOUSTON – The search continues for a young mother from Spring who has been missing since Sunday. Harris County homicide detectives are "fairly certain" 20-year-old Amber Elkins was a victim of foul play.

amber-elkins.jpg

Prayers for Amber and her family. Houston PD is excellent. I feel they will do everything in their power to find her.
Just try to hold on Spiced. We are with you.

A woman from Spring, found near Humble with black hair and brown eyes... When I looked at her photo, the resemblance between her and Alexandria Lowitzer was surprising. Also, Ali went missing on a Monday, too. I'm not saying the cases are related but --

Still, there are too many conflicts in the information on this case just in the two articles given. One article says it was her FATHER who missed her call Sunday night and then called and hour later -- the other says it was her MOTHER who called back the hour later, the phone was answered by a male who hung up on her and shut off the phone.

I don't know but I think this would be place I'd start looking for clues:

Elkins, who's been fighting for custody of her daughter, was supposed to be in court Monday but never showed up.

There's a ground search for tomarrow....
Time
Friday, July 29 · 8:00am - 11:00am
11938 Homestead Rd
Houston, Texas

I don't know what I can say here,Ambers big sister Ashley is a friend of my adult daughters but the forum rules don't allow information that I can't link to. I certainly understand that and agree with it. I'm just trying to help in whatever way I can.

Ashley (Ambers sister) is flying down herself tonight for the search and wants everyone to spread the word. May God help bring Amber home and her family peace. There's a "Find Amber Elkins" page on FaceBook that will be keeping up to date with the information.http://www.facebook.com/groups/254968804514119/?ap=1

The Missing poster was updated due to misinformation put on it when the chaos started.

Thanks Summer Breeze and everyone here for reading and passing it on. Amber is very well loved and her family needs all the help they can get in finding her.

I'll go upload and repost the poster now so I can post it here....

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/local&id=8278149

Elkins had been fighting for custody of her nine-month-old daughter. Family members say she would never willingly walk away from her responsibilities as a parent.

Based on the evidence at that scene, those involved in the search fear the worst. "Our plan of attack for today unfortunately is to try to find Amber's body," said Tim Miller with Texas Equusearch. "I'd like to try to sugarcoat something and say that we're holding out hope for a live person, but knowing the evidence that's out there, unfortunately, that's not one of the things that's going to happen. We know this for a fact -- the sooner she's found the better the chance there is to determine cause of death and hopefully find some evidence so law enforcement can move forward with their investigation."

This sounds so horrific. I feel terrible for her family and that precious child. The custody battle always sends up red flags for me.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back