Hailey Dunn Update at 7 months, 7/27/11

Status
Not open for further replies.
The child *advertiser censored* case is still under investigation. No arrests have been made, much to the frustration of the public.

"You have to show a direct link between the user and the operator of the machine. It's kind of a difficult aspect to prove," said City Manager for Colorado City, Pete Kampfer.
http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=394597

I thought about Hailey all day today. Based on the actions and interviews of the suspect and POI, I really did not expect this case to be at a standstill after 7 months. Sad and frustrating.

In relation to the child *advertiser censored*, if it doesn't exist (if it turned out to be "barely legal" or something like that), I wish LE would just come out and say it. If instead LE has confirmed that there was some child *advertiser censored* seized, I'd think they could arrest the owner of the device(s) for possession regardless of whether multiple people had access and go from there. Maybe they legally can't, IDK, but this aspect of the investigation seems hinky to me. :waitasec:

Peace to Hailey, wherever she may be (and misery to those who harmed her)...

I think of her a lot, and the possibility that there are a couple people who left CC that may get away with murder. I had hoped she would be found in the spring/summer so LE could make a move. So sad.

It was really hard for me to even click on this link because I knew in my gut that it was going to be acknowledgment that nothing is happening. It is heartbreaking.

Notice my sig line. I put that there in the heat of the searching for Hailey. I vowed it would stay my signature until someone found out what happened to Hailey. I am now afraid that it will be my sig line here for eternity.

It was really hard for me to even click on this link because I knew in my gut that it was going to be acknowledgment that nothing is happening. It is heartbreaking.

Notice my sig line. I put that there in the heat of the searching for Hailey. I vowed it would stay my signature until someone found out what happened to Hailey. I am now afraid that it will be my sig line here for eternity.

I almost didn't open this thread for the same reason Katy; frustrating to post 7 month updates that read just like the 3 month updates. But, like you, I've been following this case and advocating for Hailey for 7 months and I think keeping the public awareness alive = reminding those in charge of the investigation (and those responsible for Hailey's disappearance) that we are still watching and waiting. Hailey will not be forgotten...

P.s. I love your signature line; imo that is the one true statement Hailey's mother has made in this case and reflects her true feelings...

I thought about Hailey all day today. Based on the actions and interviews of the suspect and POI, I really did not expect this case to be at a standstill after 7 months. Sad and frustrating.

In relation to the child *advertiser censored*, if it doesn't exist (if it turned out to be "barely legal" or something like that), I wish LE would just come out and say it. If instead LE has confirmed that there was some child *advertiser censored* seized, I'd think they could arrest the owner of the device(s) for possession regardless of whether multiple people had access and go from there. Maybe they legally can't, IDK, but this aspect of the investigation seems hinky to me. :waitasec:

Not to mention that they can't get their facts right. The CP was found on the mothers computer, but not at the Dunn residence according to the affidavits.

The child *advertiser censored* case is still under investigation. No arrests have been made, much to the frustration of the public.

"You have to show a direct link between the user and the operator of the machine. It's kind of a difficult aspect to prove," said City Manager for Colorado City, Pete Kampfer.

IMO, this sounds like they think some child *advertiser censored* really does exist because if they had realized it was barely legal there would be no child *advertiser censored* case to investigate any more and proving who used the computer in which there was no child *advertiser censored* would be a non-issue.

People are charged with having child *advertiser censored* on their computers all the time...why is this case so much more difficult to prove?

People are charged with having child *advertiser censored* on their computers all the time...why is this case so much more difficult to prove?

ITA. I understood that it might take weeks or months to confirm the *advertiser censored* and file charges, but it's been 4 months now and it just seems longer than usual. Maybe LE is investigating everyone with access and getting a bunch of finger pointing or silence and they don't want to file weak charges?

Hoping that having a new Chief of Police with fresh eyes is a good thing for Hailey...

exactly! if child *advertiser censored* was found at Billies house on the memory stick and at Shawns mother's house on her computer. The common denominator is Shawn.

Regarding the presumed *advertiser censored* on the computer from SA's mother's house...SA pretty much said a lot of people had access to the computer. He said that in one of his recorded interviews, its on the transcripts...will see if I can find...
SO it MIGHT be a tangled web....but sure does seem like 'they' are dragging a little on that part...IMHO

Pretty sad. Mother and suspect bf move away and the father is still in jail. Poor Hailey.

Katydid, your signature line pretty much sums this case up for me. My opinion only of course.

No kidding. Arrest everyone who they think downloaded it and get them to start talking. I am starting to think there's no one enforcing any laws anymore.

No kidding. Arrest everyone who they think downloaded it and get them to start talking. I am starting to think there's no one enforcing any laws anymore.

Or is it our laws are no longer enforceable for fear of trampling someone's rights? Bottom line, seems like the perps have more rights than the victims in many cases
icon9.gif

If SA is the most likely person, take a chance and charge him. Maybe a jury would be convinced if the alternatives are his mom or stepfather. I mean, come on already. Did his mom take it on a drive over to Billie's too?

A new photo taken 1 week before Hailey disappeared has been discovered. She looks considerably older than the well-circulated cheerleader photo, imo, because her hair is styled and she appears to be wearing some make up. The local news station covered the story last night and showed the picture. They also interviewed Patricia T (the would-be grandma, Clint's girlfriend's mom). She says she's mad because they should have been using newer pictures on the flyers and now they've "wasted 7 months".

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=395907

Imo, Hailey looks more mature in the new photo, but she is still quite recognizable as the same person in the cheerleading photo. Also, we've seen pictures of Hailey sitting on the couch with Billie and Shawn a day or two before she went missing, and she is not wearing make-up and looks more like the cheerleading photo. So, I don't know if it makes much difference since we don't know if Hailey was styled or not when she disappeared.

P.s. I think using the cheerleading photo in the missing campaign made the story more marketable and may have helped Hailey get national exposure. Nancy Grace covered the story for almost a month straight with that photo and the intro line: "13 year old cheerleader missing from Colorado City"...

IMO-that is not a 'new' photo of Hailey- it has been around for months, unless I have gone crazy, I know I have seen it numerous times..
me thinks PT, and the gang, are needing some attention ...again

I've never seen that new photo and would never have known it was Hailey...

IMO-that is not a 'new' photo of Hailey- it has been around for months, unless I have gone crazy, I know I have seen it numerous times..
me thinks PT, and the gang, are needing some attention ...again

IF you watch the video, the reporter says this is new picture, a just released picture. IT has not been around for months. A friend of the family states in the news clip that this picture was taken only a few days before she disappeared...and again says it's a newly found picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knovah