GUILTY TX - Jesse Garcia, 26, & Orlando Saldana, 22, murdered, San Antonio, 17 April 2009

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
And the plan came thisclose to working.

Jury deliberating sentence for hacksaw taco incident
Jurors deliberated for 3 ½ hours but were sent home Wednesday without having reached a punishment verdict for a former jailer [Alfred Casas] convicted of smuggling hacksaw-garnished tacos to a violent inmate.
---
The girlfriend of double murder convict Jacob Keller testified last week that she discussed the escape plan with Casas while giving him the tacos and a bottle of Xanax pills, a prescription painkiller, for his trouble.
---
(more at San Antonio Express-News link above)

earlier article, more info + picture: Hacksaw taco guard is guilty (S.A. Ex-News)

Wow, the new and improved nail file and cake! :crazy:

Do I understand correctly? For one bottle of Xanax, Casas helped a violent felon try to escape from prison?

The guard must have some addiction.

(BTW, to my knowledge, Xanax is not a painkiller. It's a tranquilizer that is prescribed nowadays instead of Valium.)

Helped a violent felon attempt to escape. Same difference really, when it comes to ethics (or addictions).

Sorry, godot, I was fixing it while you posted. Yes, "attempt to escape."

I was befuddled by the way the article was written and the fact that a prison guard could be bought so cheaply. Xanax comes in generic.

Sorry, godot, I was fixing it while you posted. Yes, "attempt to escape."

I was befuddled by the way the article was written and the fact that a prison guard could be bought so cheaply. Xanax comes in generic.

No problemo. Deleted my reply. The articles really weren't that well-written.

Scene of the hacksaw taco incident. Good luck shimmying down from there!

No problemo. Deleted my reply. The articles really weren't that well-written.

That was very kind of you, but I didn't mind the correction at all.

The murder case that started it all, from January 2011:

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/lo...guilty-to-strip-club-double-murder-977294.php

The trio had been driving around just past 2 a.m. looking for a place to buy beer when they drove by the strip club and saw four men gesturing at them, Tovar told police. Garcia mentioned the strangers were “strapped” but turned around anyway and drove to the entrance of the Secrets parking lot, Tovar said. They ended up crashing into a car in the parking lot and gunfire erupted moments later, he said.

Two employees at Secrets identified the defendant as the shooter, describing him as a VIP at the strip club who showed up about every other day in his distinctive Maserati Quattroporte sports car. He left the vehicle at the crime scene with the front door open and was seen running off, authorities said.

From March 2011:

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/lo...er-convict-gets-21-year-sentences-1046760.php

Police found Jesse James Garcia, 26, and Orlando Saldana, 22, riddled with more than 25 bullet wounds from an assault rifle in front of Secrets, where Keller was known to be a regular.

Keller was initially charged with capital murder but instead pleaded guilty in January to two counts of felony murder. Prosecutors, who said they reached the agreement only reluctantly because of “a very large self-defense issue” and missing witnesses, agreed to ask for a term of no more than 21 years.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redeworker
Back