GUILTY WY - Katherine 'Katy' Coffee, 35, Newcastle, 3 June 2011

I am still so shocked that this has not been solved or made more public!! To tell you the truth, I live here and it doesn't surprise me. A lot of us here speculated that since she was employed by the State of Wyoming this would be handled more efficiently. I will be sure and call the Tribune to ask them what else they have found out.

This is a town of 3000 people, what they don't know for fact about a person, they make up and add to it. Ms. Coffey would have definitely been looked at as an outsider and people can be pretty mean. I have been in Wyoming and am still considered an outsider and to make matters worse, I speak my mind. I had heard that Ms. Coffee hadn't been here long.

The only other thing I can add to this is just the hearsay, that "they" believed her ex b/f or ex hubby had came here and murdered her. I find that hard to believe as any cars with out of state plates are "run" and I have even seen strangers stopped by LE here to ask what they are here for.:banghead:

OK, just talked to my son on this one, conflicting stories, she lived at Section Line Road, which is an off branch of Cactus Drive. He heard that the b/f or ex hubby knocked on the door and shot her in the face, dropped the gun and left. That's all he has heard about it. When I mentioned DCI was involved, he said that all they are good for is busting people who have their lights on all night doing meth. I, sadly must agree. Someone there had to have heard it, as it is a residential neighborhood, but out of town and may be afraid to come forward, or already has and it is an investigation thing. The reward money is a great idea, but I doubt even then anyone will come forward for fear of retaliation. I am going to post the first link on my FB and pray someone will. Such a tragedy, and she was so young.

Seems to be very little information released by the police on this. Where did your son hear about the b/f or hubby and the gun being dropped?

That has been the rumor here since it happened, and that so far is the only rumor. The neighborhood she died in has maybe 10 houses-modulars on it and is a dead end street. It is very sad, I have asked a lot of peeps here about her murder but besides that rumor, no one knows. Poor girl.:sick:

All any of us have heard is Texas. Its weird too how only 1 rumor has been going around too. If I may clarify one thing, the new sherrif is a good guy, just like the last one. The poleese dept. here leaves a lot to be desired. . This and anything I have written is under my 1st amendment rights. You betcha I have opinions and they are mine!:rocker:

I cant stop thinking about this poor girl and no one I know has any informatioh. I live maybe 1 mile tops from where she was murdered.

3 months and 2 days now, how awful. Not a peep.

Peazzer, I wouldn't put too much stock in a rumor. The fact that so little info is being released would tend to tell me the rumors arent reliable, or are only half truths. Is the home where the murder occurred in the city or in the county? It seems to me that if law enforcement suspected the bf/ex hubby, and he was a distance away, it would not take long to determine if he had traveled to New Castle or not. The length of the investigation, to me, would tend to lead me away from such a suspect, and more to a random act, or a more local, immediate suspect. If it was a random killing, the clues will be very very few, if any. I noticed that there was a not too dissimilar killing in Douglas recently and hadnt heard if there was a suspec there.

I am praying for an answer Katy. I did talk to a freind o mine that had talked to Katy, she said she was a real sweet girl and hadnt been here long, said she was real likeable, thats when Katy was looking for a place to live.

:pray: I just wish that someone would say something...

The sherrifs department is handling this case! That means a lot- our new sherrif cares about the community and its people. The investigation is on going, people are being finger printed as of this week. Please find who ever did this to this young woman. :praying:

Another week. :waiting: her home is for sale sigh...

Gonna bump it for Katy, I cant wait till I get my mifi battery and can slueth this case! Drats

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10
Back