GUILTY WI - Johnny Jordan, 43, homeless, thrown from bridge, drowned, 26 July 2011

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
The perfect tabloid story, of course - that's why it's in the Daily Mail:

Jeffrey Dahmer's last intended victim - who led police to
the serial killer and cannibal - now being held for murder

A man who narrowly escaped one of America's most notorious serial killers and helped end his two decade long spree of sexual assault and cannibalism has been arrested facing possible murder charges.

Tracy Edwards, 52, helped bring Jeffrey Dahmer to justice after he escaped from his bedroom and called police when he saw pictures of mangled bodies and smelt death.
---
But twenty years later, he faces a possible homicide charge of his own after he was arrested following a fight that led to a man falling into the Milwaukee River in Wisconsin and dying.
---
(more, with pictures, at link above)

What a shame. This man's life was spared, for whatever reason, and this is how he shows his thankfulness.

I have a different take on it. My guess is that the man was forever changed and damaged and that it was literally a matter of time. I think many abuse and crime survivors feel as if they've cheated fate once and thus, live life on the edge. Tragic anyway you look at it.

I used to laugh at the British tabloids. Now, I've realized that if I want details that are not released in the American press, all I have to do is wait about 2 days and the British tabloids will splash those details on the front page. I've come to the conclusion that we can use both forms of media to discern the facts about a case. Took me a long long time to figure that one out.

I noticed a comment someone wrote below the article and found it interesting. I didn't post the name of the person who said this but it seems he knows both the victim and Tracey Edwards.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Johnny Jordan was an "In your face" type of personality said to be Bi-Polar and because of his behavior banned from at least one mealsite. Tracey Edwards is soft spoken, articulate and some believe suffers from PTSD from his Dalhmer experience. To early to really understand all the dynamics in this case Tashi.

not sure why they would charge him with murder if it was an 'accident'
yes, maybe the fight led to his fall into the river but he engaged in the fight

or was he pushed? I guess that might make a difference ...

Tracy Edwards — who escaped Dahmer's Milwaukee apartment in July 1991, leading police and the world to Dahmer's crimes — was charged along with Timothy Carr with first-degree recklessly endangering safety in the death of Johnny Jordan, 43.

According to the criminal complaint filed Friday, a witness saw Edwards, Carr and Jordan arguing on a downtown bridge. The witness says Carr, 44, and Edwards, 52, picked up Jordan and threw him off the bridge, head first. After Jordan went in, Carr jumped in from the riverbank while Edwards stayed on the riverbank, the complaint said.

A police officer arrived shortly after and threw a life ring to Jordan and Carr, the complaint said. Carr swam to the life ring, and Jordan went under and was not seen again until the rescue squad arrived and pulled him from the water, the complaint said.

http://www.wral.com/news/national_world/national/story/9930375/

I can not believe our justice system did not offer any sort o councling for Tracy after what
happened. I can't imagine the flasbacks this man has had thinking about how he escaped from one of the worst serial killers ever. Imagine how on edge this man would have been. I guess you don't understand unless you have been looking right into the face of a person who is trying to kill you. I can't blame him for turning to drugs and alcohol. I'm not saying that it is alright that Tracy has possibly murdered someone but he needed some serious theraphy after the Dalmer ordeal. I hope Mr Edwards will get some help after this.

From SurfieTX's link:
Edwards testified at Dahmer's 1992 trial that he planned his escape from Dahmer's home after Dahmer clamped a handcuff on his wrist and listened for his heartbeat.

"At one point, he said he was going to eat my heart," Edwards said. "For some reason, God told me not to let this guy handcuff me. He laid across me and put his head across my chest and was listening to my heart.

God. Can you imagine having to live with that memory?

I grew up a bit west of Milwaukee. I was in high school when Dahmer was arrested, and still have vivid memories of all the news coverage. It was terrible. I feel a lot of sadness for Mr. Edwards--I have no doubt that what he experienced did major damage to him. I also feel a lot of sadness for Mr. Jordan.

Slightly off topic, but Jeffrey Dahmer's father, Lionel, wrote a book called "A Father's Story." Well worth a read. Made me cry more than once.

I think many would be shocked by how slim the resources are for those who are victims of crime. There is typically a trauma assessment done and time-limited therapy offered. This therapy is usually offered through county services and can range from excellent to abysmally poor. There's often high turnover and lack of follow-through. If medications are called for, one must qualify for a medical card or be able to afford private insurance. Psychotropic medications can range in price from $100-600/month. If a victim has any special need at all, it is not uncommon to have the person deemed incapable of benefiting from therapy and nothing at all is offered.

Unless a crime victim has a highly supportive family who is willing to dedicate years to advocating for their loved one to get services, the victim can easily end up homeless and "drifting". It's a perfect set-up for disaster.

This is a tough one. I can't imagine what Tracy Edwards has gone through the last 20 years, and living with the haunting of Jeffrey Dahmer's memory. I wonder if he ever rec'd any long term counseling.

Looking at what happened, it sounds like a terrible prank/accident gone bad. Did the 2 men think the homeless man would die if they threw him off the bridge? The other guy jumped in...was that to try to save him? Truly this was a very stoopid thing to do, but I'm not convinced they wanted to kill this homeless man. I guess I need more deets.

Tragedy all around, no matter how you look at it.

MOO

Mel

This is so unfortunate. Two lives lost. I feel for everyone involved. RIP Johnny Jordan.

I wonder if it wasn't intended to kill him but to shut him up. Just a thought. Maybe they lifted him up, threw him off, and didn't intend him to drown.

Not having seen the bridge or the water below I don't have any idea whether he could hav survived the fall or not.

It is terrible that a man lost his life.

From January 2012:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/01/23/dahmer-survivor-sentenced-in-drowning-death/

The man who led police to serial killer Jeffrey Dahmer two decades ago was sentenced Monday to a year and a half behind bars for his role in the drowning death of a homeless man...

Edwards, 52, pleaded guilty to the reduced charge of aiding a felon in a plea agreement in Milwaukee County...

Carr pleaded guilty to first-degree recklessly endangering safety and was sentenced Friday to four years in prison.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back