The Blood Droplets

CW

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site

The blood droplets pointing downward on the back of Darlie's shirt are certainly inculpatory. So is the fact that she changed her stories regarding the so-called attacker. So is the fact that despite her apparent hysteria, she made sure to tell the 911 operator that she'd handled the knife and that her fingerprints might be on it.

And that's just for starters.

She did it.

i have hearsay from the rowlett police department that the blood evidence was consistent with someone holding the children by the arm and stabbing them while they ran in a semi-circle pattern trying to break free.

as i say this was from someone within weeks of the crime that knew someone who worked for the local police department. but this certainly would be inconsistent with darlie's story of being awakened only after both of the boys were stabbed and bleeding to death.

izzyB said:
i have hearsay from the rowlett police department that the blood evidence was consistent with someone holding the children by the arm and stabbing them while they ran in a semi-circle pattern trying to break free.

as i say this was from someone within weeks of the crime that knew someone who worked for the local police department. but this certainly would be inconsistent with darlie's story of being awakened only after both of the boys were stabbed and bleeding to death.

Umph, never heard this before but there is blood evidence that Damon was stabbed at one location, moved and was stabbed again.

Yeah that's the most ridiculous story isn't it. How did she sustain those cuts of hers while she was asleep. How did she sustain those bruises while she was asleep.

Damon tried to crawl to the door. Darlie claims that he actually stood up and talked to her while she was chasing the guy(s)??? out the door. However, its always been my contention that Darlie was in the middle of staging the scene and noticed that he was trying to crawl to the door and she attacked him a second time. That child KNEW without a doubt who was doing this to him. That fact sends chills up my spine.

Jeana (DP) said:
Damon tried to crawl to the door. Darlie claims that he actually stood up and talked to her while she was chasing the guy(s)??? out the door. However, its always been my contention that Darlie was in the middle of staging the scene and noticed that he was trying to crawl to the door and she attacked him a second time. That child KNEW without a doubt who was doing this to him. That fact sends chills up my spine.

Yes, that's what I think happened as well. She caught him moving. It sends chills up me too, especially when I read that his eyes were locked on Darlie at the scene, after Waddell entered. I don't know how true that is or if it's just a writer's sensationalism.

I watched a couple of shows on Court TV tonight about blood forsenics. Dr Lee said that hollow blood drops (drops with no centers) indicatef a victim was vomiting or coughing up blood.

They showed blood drops with air bubbles in them. I didn't catch what Dr Lee said about them, but am wondering if air pushed blood out of the body if air bubbles would be mixed in the blood.

Maybe the above gives us a little insight to why the defense did not hire a blood expert to show us an alternative way the blood on Darlie's shirt could have gotten there. It might have opened up the door to bringing in expert testimony about hollow blood drops and air bubbles, etc. We could probably look at Darlie's shirt and see for ourselves if there are any blood drops with no centers or speckled centers (which is how I think air bubbles might dry). If there aren't any, it is kind of hard to believe Darin's claims that Darlie held Devon's chest closed while he blew air into his lungs, causing the blood to shoot out of his chest wounds and onto her shirt.

Dr Lee showed cast off blood in another case over the shoulder on the def's shirt (just like Darlie's) in a case where a spindle stick had been used to beat the man's wife. Just like a knife, the blood flew off of the weapon as he raised his arm upward. Tails and all they droplets were very similar to Darlie's. (Def's name was Nick Peradse)

Thomas Martin of the NY State Police said, "Absence of blood is sometimes just as significant as blood." Dr. Lee reiterated that when he pointed out that there was no blood in areas he would expect to find it.

Dr. Baden ended up doing the autopsy. Can you imagine having both Dr Lee and Dr Baden working on your case? Gotta be a def's worst nightmare if he didn't have the good sense or funds to hire them for his side before the state could get them. LOL!

Goody said:
I watched a couple of shows on Court TV tonight about blood forsenics. Dr Lee said that hollow blood drops (drops with no centers) indicatef a victim was vomiting or coughing up blood.
They showed blood drops with air bubbles in them. I didn't catch what Dr Lee said about them, but am wondering if air pushed blood out of the body if air bubbles would be mixed in the blood.

Maybe the above gives us a little insight to why the defense did not hire a blood expert to show us an alternative way the blood on Darlie's shirt could have gotten there. It might have opened up the door to bringing in expert testimony about hollow blood drops and air bubbles, etc. We could probably look at Darlie's shirt and see for ourselves if there are any blood drops with no centers or speckled centers (which is how I think air bubbles might dry). If there aren't any, it is kind of hard to believe Darin's claims that Darlie held Devon's chest closed while he blew air into his lungs, causing the blood to shoot out of his chest wounds and onto her shirt.

Dr Lee showed cast off blood in another case over the shoulder on the def's shirt (just like Darlie's) in a case where a spindle stick had been used to beat the man's wife. Just like a knife, the blood flew off of the weapon as he raised his arm upward. Tails and all they droplets were very similar to Darlie's. (Def's name was Nick Peradse)

Thomas Martin of the NY State Police said, "Absence of blood is sometimes just as significant as blood." Dr. Lee reiterated that when he pointed out that there was no blood in areas he would expect to find it.

Dr. Baden ended up doing the autopsy. Can you imagine having both Dr Lee and Dr Baden working on your case? Gotta be a def's worst nightmare if he didn't have the good sense or funds to hire them for his side before the state could get them. LOL!

Cool, a new thread! I thought Darlie and Darin both say that Darlie never went near Devon. Remember we talked about that? I know they say that Darlie's t-shirt could have Devon's and Damon's blood on it because it was put in the same bag with other clothing. We know about blood transfer looking different. That's the only thing I remember them saying about that blood. They always go back to LE, don't they? Her defense sure didn't hire many people(or any?) to dispute LE's evidence. All she can say is "shoddy police work". Those poor guys.
I love Dr. Baden and Dr. Lee! Anybody is way scewed once those guys get involved.

beesy said:
[/color]
Cool, a new thread! I thought Darlie and Darin both say that Darlie never went near Devon. Remember we talked about that? I know they say that Darlie's t-shirt could have Devon's and Damon's blood on it because it was put in the same bag with other clothing. We know about blood transfer looking different. That's the only thing I remember them saying about that blood. They always go back to LE, don't they? Her defense sure didn't hire many people(or any?) to dispute LE's evidence. All she can say is "shoddy police work". Those poor guys.
I love Dr. Baden and Dr. Lee! Anybody is way scewed once those guys get involved.
Darin testified that she held the chest wounds closed while he blew into Devon's mouth, speculating that is how the blood droplets got on the back of her shirt. She never mentioned it when she testified but I think she has it in "Her Own Words." She wrote that after her conviction.

beesy said:
[/color]

They fail to mention though Beese that Devon wasn't wearing anything but underwear and that was left on his body at the scene. Darlie and Damon were transported to hospital in their bloody clothing.

How likely is it that she would have picked up some of Devon's blood on the hem or the bottom portion of her nightshirt if she is kneeling over him holding his chest together?

Got give them marks for creativity eh.

I love them too, especially Baden. Do you get that program Autopsy? We get it on the documentary channel on Wednesday nights. It's often Dr. Baden or Dr. Di Maio's cases.

Goody said:

I saw the same show at 5AM, I have insomnia sometimes.LOL Anyway, first case was the one in which Dr. Lee mentioned the holey-center drops(as he called them in his broken eng), but they are also known as ghost drops. What he said was that an air bubble on top of blood is coughed or vomited out. Then when the bubble pops, it leaves the hole. Pretty cool...
What's a spindle? :waitasec:

Goody said:
Darin testified that she held the chest wounds closed while he blew into Devon's mouth, speculating that is how the blood droplets got on the back of her shirt. She never mentioned it when she testified but I think she has it in "Her Own Words." She wrote that after her conviction.
Yeah, I know Darin said that. I remember you and me talking about how both Darin and Darlie put her away from Devon. She says all she did was look over at him and knew he was dead in some accounts. We thought there might be some important reason for that. All lies anyway..hateful people..just a different version of the Darlie saga. "In Her Own Words" is different than other accounts too. There's a copy of it in MTJD. I looked and all I saw in regards to Devon is this:
"I ran over to Darin and could see blood coming out of Devon's wound when Darin blew air into Devon's mouth. I didn't know what to do so I held a towel on Devon's wound"
Interesting after sharing a brief synopsis of that night, she runs on and on about her medical problems, her feelings and how unfair all of this is, to her of course, not the boys who didn't get to grow up.
Source: "Media Tried, Justice Denied", by Christopher Wayne Brown, page 5

cami said:
I love them too, especially Baden. Do you get that program Autopsy? We get it on the documentary channel on Wednesday nights. It's often Dr. Baden or Dr. Di Maio's cases.
I don't get that channel here, but they show it on HBO sometimes. Guess it's the same show, same title. It's very good. Dr. Lee has a show called "Trace Evidence" on Court TV. I get to see that more often. I just love him. He is the world leading blood spatter expert. Interesting thing to be.

beesy said:
I don't get that channel here, but they show it on HBO sometimes. Guess it's the same show, same title. It's very good. Dr. Lee has a show called "Trace Evidence" on Court TV. I get to see that more often. I just love him. He is the world leading blood spatter expert. Interesting thing to be.
Yes, and he uses the exact same technique as Bevel used in determining the path of cast off blood. And both Dr Lee and Bevel teach these techniques to others in law enforcement.

beesy said:
I saw the same show at 5AM, I have insomnia sometimes.LOL Anyway, first case was the one in which Dr. Lee mentioned the holey-center drops(as he called them in his broken eng), but they are also known as ghost drops. What he said was that an air bubble on top of blood is coughed or vomited out. Then when the bubble pops, it leaves the hole. Pretty cool...
What's a spindle? :waitasec:
The woman in the show was beaten with a spindle, which looked like it came from a staircase railing or maybe was part of a chairback. It was long and skinny with carvings, distinct in design, made of wood, etc. She was beaten with it and as the man raised it over his shoulder after each strike, the blood flew off of it like the blood on the knife did in Darlie's case.

This is a very good article on blood patterns, with photos. I posted it in another thread, but it might have become lost in all the.... other... stuff.. ahem...

Cast-off bloodstain patterns occur, as their name implies, when blood is projected under force from the edge of a weapon. If a victim is stabbed or beaten with an object, blood is transferred to the knife or blunt object. As the weapon is raised back and then plunged forward again, blood is thrown from the surface and can produce a pattern on floors, walls and ceilings. The cast-off pattern produced in relation to the position of the victim can predict whether the perpetrator is right or left handed, and in some cases can indicate the presence of two perpetrators when there is no other evidence to suggest it.
Finally, wipe bloodstain patterns can occur if a victim has wiped a bloody hand along a wall or was dragged from one location to another. Transfer bloodstain patterns occur when an object contaminated with blood comes in contact with another surface. A murder weapon, like a knife temporarily laid on a table, can leave a pattern indicative of the knife blade. If a perp steps in blood on the floor, it can be transferred in the form of a bloody footprint into other areas of the crime scene. This bloody footprint is important shoe print evidence
http://www.officer.com/article/arti...ion=18&id=28138

deandaniellws said:
This is a great site beesy.:angel:
Thanks, it might help if certain someones looked at it, don't ya think?

Look I'm keeping score here, don't kid yourselves, so far goody and beesy have the most convincing arguments. They have scored more points in the way of blood evidence. Remember my posts about velocity. I know you know what it means. My pics of the crime scene are in MTJD. Could you draw a map like they showed on the site showing this cast off pattern. I read the site very thoughly.
I also saw where cast off is often obscured by additional bleeding by victims just what happened in this case. What are the size of these drops cause the site gave real specific measurements and I use a mm ruler everyday. The tiny spot on the back of Darlie's shirt looks like it could have been aspiration too. Was her back to him ? I am looking really hard at all the blood but really don't know how to make it tell it's story.

G.I.RattlesnakeJane said:
Look I'm keeping score here, don't kid yourselves, so far goody and beesy have the most convincing arguments. They have scored more points in the way of blood evidence. Remember my posts about velocity. I know you know what it means. My pics of the crime scene are in MTJD. Could you draw a map like they showed on the site showing this cast off pattern. I read the site very thoughly.
I also saw where cast off is often obscured by additional bleeding by victims just what happened in this case. What are the size of these drops cause the site gave real specific measurements and I use a mm ruler everyday. The tiny spot on the back of Darlie's shirt looks like it could have been aspiration too. Was her back to him ? I am looking really hard at all the blood but really don't know how to make it tell it's story.
An aspiration has a hollow center...a spot where there is no blood. I think it is caused by air bubbles. Also, saliva would likely be mixed in it.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88
Back