TX TX - Heidi Seeman, 11, abducted and murdered, San Antonio, 4 Aug 1990

From the article above...Cold case slaying still haunts city.

"The case is still absolutely solvable," said Jimmy Holguin, a former lead investigator on the Seeman murder with SAPD who now works as the chief investigator for the Bexar County medical examiner's office. "But knowing who committed a murder and proving it are two different things. In my mind it has been and always will be Jerry Nabor."

Holguin's certainty is shared by Hastings.
"She was kidnapped by Maj. Duncan," he said, and noted a previously publicized theory, repeated in an Air Force investigation file, that Duncan was seeking revenge against Heidi's father, Curt Seeman, because he blamed him for getting Duncan transferred from Randolph AFB, where he worked as a psychologist.

Kidnapped by duncan and killed by nabor? And the motive being a transfer? Wow. Talk about revenge. To kill a little girl over a transfer. How does that even things out?........

Seems they would have kidnapped and killed the man that got him transferred. Not a little girl.

Reminds me of the guy whom goes around searching for missing people. His daughter was killed and for years a suspect was blamed to no end for her murder. But later it was discovered he did in fact not kill his daughter but the man never recovered from the accusations.

They seem certain whom done it. But to me the motive behind the killing does not add up...Perhaps tunnel vision got the better of the investigators. They have put all there eggs in this one basket this one/two suspects and failed to look elsewhere. Time will tell I guess.

Huge case in S.A., one of those that tampers with a city's psyche, misshapens its zeitgeist, infests all with a collective foreboding, and will not ever go away.

This really isn't a whodunnit. It's unfathomable on all other levels, however.

1990 kidnapping, murder of two San Antonio girls still unsolved

SAN ANTONIO - The summer of 1990 in San Antonio ended tragically. Not one but two little girls were kidnapped and brutally murdered.

Heidi Seeman was abducted on Aug. 4, 1990, and Erica Botello was abducted weeks later on Aug. 23, 1990.

They would both be found on the same day, but miles apart.

Police later determined the murders were not related. Almost 30 years later, both murders remain unsolved.

Common Factors in Abduction Murders of children

-Offender usually lives, works, or regularly commutes through the area of the abduction, therefore he is there for "legitimate" reasons at the time of the abduction

-Motivating factor is almost always sexual.

-Offender profile:

Usually a lone unmarried, white Male between 20-30 years of age, usually around 27 at the time of incident, , that will most likely have a criminal history of a sexual nature, involving children, its usually pretty extensive though short of murder. Sexual assaults are very common

-Usually unknown to the victims, (stranger) though its only slightly less common to be an acquaintance

-Often referred to as "Social Marginals" they tend to be odd socially, and often are suspected by some of the crime, because of their past history.

-Usually live with parents or someone acting in a parental role a the time

-History of moves and changes of address, with 1 often within 12 months prior to the abduction

-Employment tends to be blue collar unskilled or semi skilled labor, with construction being the most common

-Unemployed or underemployed at the time of incident

-Victim is chosen simply due to opportunity

-Offenders name usually comes up to investigators within the 1st 48-72 hours, but may not be seen as a suspect.

-Offender is usually most comfortable with the site where the body is recovered, the murder itself is usually committed within 200 feet of the site where the victim is recovered.

-Because they usually have a diverse criminal history prior to the murder its highly likely they will commit further crimes in the future, though they may be short of murder , but they will most likely be sexual in nature .

Was it ever proven that Heidi or Erica were sexually assaulted?
How are the police so certain these two cases aren’t related? Is there a thread for Erica Botello? Do we know how the girls were murdered? MOO

Was it ever proven that Heidi or Erica were sexually assaulted?
How are the police so certain these two cases aren’t related? Is there a thread for Erica Botello? Do we know how the girls were murdered? MOO
No thread for Erica. She’s become a footnote to Heidi, sadly.

I lived in SA at the time of her disappearance and about same age. I remember my mom, sister and I driving around SA helping to search for her. They even made a song about her "Have you seen her?" they played on local radio station.

This case has been on my mind for 30 years. I lived in a neighborhood(Fox Run) off Stahl Rd in San Antonio so drove that road daily. My sister went to school with Heidi. I had friends involved in the search. It breaks my heart that it has never been solved. And little Erica, too.......so so sad.

Just joined and since I live in SA, TX I thought I would look into local crimes. This one got my attention due to the 2 little girls being found dead but without a person convicted of the crimes. This is the little I found online. I hope others can help me get started and we can find justice for the girls.

https://www.kens5.com/article/news/crime/true-crime/three-decades-later-1990-heidi-seeman-erica-botello-murders/273-0b1a1b93-2682-4cc6-8832-44b2e80f557f August marks 30 years since disappearances of Heidi Seeman, Erica Botello

August marks 30 years since disappearances of Heidi Seeman, Erica Botello

Heidi Search Center receives new tip in Heidi's case

Possible suspect Robert Eric Duncan - co-worker of father
http://www.ca5.uscourts.gov/opinions\unpub\98/98-51159.0.wpd.pdf
<modsnip - not an approved source>

Another possible suspect Jerry Nabor
20-year cold case slaying still haunts city

<modsnip - not approved source>

I hope looking through these articles will get some traction for these little girls. If the cases are related...solving one could solve the other.

Last edited by a moderator:
I see several references to sexual assault in the Heidi Seamen kidnapping and murder. If so, surely they have DnA tested it yes? Anyone have any updates?

How common were brown socks in the late 80's-1990s???

Did the US Air Force authorize them for their uniforms during that time?

In the 80's, if one wore brown slacks & brown shoes, certainly brown socks.

Tan with khakis.

afaik, the Air Force is more likely to wear blue. Also tan with khakis.

Well, Coyote Brown now. Google is my friend today!

My uncle served in the Air Force. At one point, he told us that his uniform underwear was camouflage. He found that ironic, as he was stationed at The Pentagon!

Can you tell us the story?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd
Back