Paternity Test pending

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoever the father turns out to be...He should have come forward a long time ago, not just when there is a potential for a payout.

Whoever the father turns out to be...He should have come forward a long time ago, not just when there is a potential for a payout.

In Texas if the father was to come forward, he would have to pay back child support from birth until death to KC.

Is the law the same in Florida?

In Texas if the father was to come forward, he would have to pay back child support from birth until death to KC.

No, from the Florida Statutes, Section 61.30:

In an initial determination of child support, whether in a paternity action, dissolution of marriage action, or petition for support during the marriage, the court has discretion to award child support retroactive to the date when the parents did not reside together in the same household with the child, not to exceed a period of 24 months preceding the filing of the petition, regardless of whether that date precedes the filing of the petition. In determining the retroactive award in such cases, the court shall consider the following:
(a) The court shall apply the guidelines schedule in effect at the time of the hearing subject to the obligor’s demonstration of his or her actual income, as defined by subsection (2), during the retroactive period. Failure of the obligor to so demonstrate shall result in the court using the obligor’s income at the time of the hearing in computing child support for the retroactive period.
(b) All actual payments made by a parent to the other parent or the child or third parties for the benefit of the child throughout the proposed retroactive period.
(c) The court should consider an installment payment plan for the payment of retroactive child support.

I was listening to a local radio talk show last week. S Daley from Cast iron Tattoo called in and he said he's convinced that J Ortiz is Caylee's father. I would love for JO's family to find out.

It would be interesting if a determination was made on who Caylee's father was...I can envision a wrongful death lawsuit...jmo.

I was listening to a local radio talk show last week. S Daley from Cast iron Tattoo called in and he said he's convinced that J Ortiz is Caylee's father. I would love for JO's family to find out.

Family Of Dead Man Doesn't Think He's Caylee Anthony's Father
LE asked the Ortiz family for the Crash/Accident Report.

http://www.wftv.com/video/17114325/index.html August 6 2008

Family Of Dead Man Doesn't Think He's Caylee Anthony's Father
LE asked the Ortiz family for the Crash/Accident Report.

http://www.wftv.com/video/17114325/index.html August 6 2008

If you watch this whole video, though, it says that they took DNA from the accident evidence (was it a DUI? Were they testing for DUI so have a blood sample?). That was 3 years ago this week. I think it's probably been ruled out by now.

If you watch this whole video, though, it says that they took DNA from the accident evidence (was it a DUI? Were they testing for DUI so have a blood sample?). That was 3 years ago this week. I think it's probably been ruled out by now.

Here is an article of the accident, alcohol was not believed to be involved.
Ortiz turned onto Alafaya Trail, near UCF, in front of another vehicle which tried to swerve to avoid hitting Ortiz's vehicle but hit the driver side.

http://www.centralfloridafuture.com/news/ucf-student-dies-in-tragic-car-crash-1.1423785

FYI..I drive on that road alot, the speed limit on Alafaya Trail varies from 40 to 50mph between Seminole and Orange Counties and many many people speed along that road...

Here is an article of the accident, alcohol was not believed to be involved.
Ortiz turned onto Alafaya Trail, near UCF, in front of another vehicle which tried to swerve to avoid hitting Ortiz's vehicle but hit the driver side.

http://www.centralfloridafuture.com/news/ucf-student-dies-in-tragic-car-crash-1.1423785

FYI..I drive on that road alot, the speed limit on Alafaya Trail varies from 40 to 50mph between Seminole and Orange Counties and many many people speed along that road...

While it may not have been suspected, I think taking blood is probably SOP for fatal car accidents in case there is a lawsuit later. All I was saying is that there may have been blood stored from the autopsy.

I am in this category myself so I am not casting stones. I don't understand why we pick one little thing out of Casey's thousands of lies and run off on a wild goose chase to find somebody who's deceased and could be the father of Caylee. She doesn't have any idea who the father is and that's probably why she made up the lie about him being dead. Rest assured, if he was in fact dead, she would have file a social security survivor's claim for monthly benefits. I worked for that agency for a long time and I have had to determine paternity! Sometimes they come out of the woodwork when a young person dies.

I have always believed Mark Hawkins to be the father. That's what MCA was going to "tell him" in that phone call, probably hoping she could high tail it to California on his dime to all finally live together as one big happy family. The fact that he had a wife at the time was why she made up the car crash story.

MOO.

That law has to assume the father knows he's a father and Caylees father may not have.
The A's went to a lawyer, according to the ever truthful grieving CA, to protect themselves from Caylees mystery father. Seems to me the father is in a better legal situation to sue than the As are.

I don't understand how the anthony's went to a lawyer to protect themselves against the dad if they didn't know who he was. Wouldn't an attorney need a name so he could try and terminate any rights? I wish he'd be found out because something possibly could have happened to the young man.

I am not an attorney, but if you were bio dad who might you feel is responsible for the death and cover up of the death of your child? Even if FCA was aquitted in the criminal court, *he* could go after the Ants based upon JB's version of events, right?

Did he say why he believes this?

What about the woman who came to HLN with Diane Diamond who thinks that there is a possibility that Caylee was her granddaughter? She said that the last time she talked to her son he said that he had been with a girl named Casey and she was pregnant...it was a girl. He told his mom that Casey's mother's name was Cindy and dad was George who used to be in LE.
They showed pic's of the guy and I wouldn't doubt if he isn't Caylee's dad. Same mouth and nose. The grandmother had great big eyes when she was Caylee's age. The son was killed in a accident before the mom could ask any more about this girl who was pregnant. I think the mom is going to try and get DNA done but has to find something of her sons with DNA on it. In all honesty I don't know what it matters now. Caylee is dead and it is to late to be a gramma to her. Her son is dead and couldn't be a father either. Caylee sure looks like the man though so it wouldn't surprise me if he wasn't the father who was killed in a car wreck. He didn't live in Florida but had relatives there who he often spent time with.

I am in this category myself so I am not casting stones. I don't understand why we pick one little thing out of Casey's thousands of lies and run off on a wild goose chase to find somebody who's deceased and could be the father of Caylee. She doesn't have any idea who the father is and that's probably why she made up the lie about him being dead. Rest assured, if he was in fact dead, she would have file a social security survivor's claim for monthly benefits. I worked for that agency for a long time and I have had to determine paternity! Sometimes they come out of the woodwork when a young person dies.

That is unless his death would have to be 'splained.

I have always believed Mark Hawkins to be the father. That's what MCA was going to "tell him" in that phone call, probably hoping she could high tail it to California on his dime to all finally live together as one big happy family. The fact that he had a wife at the time was why she made up the car crash story.

MOO.
Wasn't Caylee already gone when Casey said those things to Mark? If so, how would they be together as one big happy family?

I agree that Casey was hoping Mark would pay for her to go to CA. It would solve all her problems. She could tell George and Cindy that her and Caylee had moved to California and were doing just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member