1493 users online (272 members and 1221 guests)  


Websleuths News

View Poll Results: Did Darin Routier help in anyway with the murder of his son's?

Voters
258. You may not vote on this poll
  • Darin helped Darlie murder the boys

    27 10.47%
  • Darin helped Darlie cover up the murder of their boys

    126 48.84%
  • Darin took the sock and placed it in the Alley

    15 5.81%
  • Darin was innocent and had nothing to do with his son's deaths

    90 34.88%

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15
Results 211 to 224 of 224
  1. #211
    Madeleine74's Avatar
    Madeleine74 is offline Of course it's my opinion; who else's would it be?
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    10,277
    I considered the sock a way of getting investigators to think, "the killer went that-a-way!" Not necessarily to implicate the neighbor in that specific house, but to lead investigators away from the Routier house in general, to send them on their way.

  2. #212
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    In the Atlantic
    Posts
    2,657
    Quote Originally Posted by Zzzz View Post
    No she sure didn't - which is why she invited the press to the cemetery and put on a show for them. Her original schtick was that it was an attempted rape and the intruder killed the boys to get them out of the way as potential witnesses. She told the police her neighbor watched her sunbathing. She wrote to her relatives and named the neighbor as the probable culprit. Darin's lame comment to the police about her big breasts was to indicate that of course someone would want to rape her (!).

    At first I thought the sock was meant to go down the storm drain to dispose of evidence, but when I saw a photo of it at the scene I changed my mind. As a man's athletic sock, it is probably 18" long and it is laid out in a full straight line right next to the curb in the neighbor's back yard. It wasn't dropped, it was purposely laid out. It practically screams "look at me."

    Not only was she heartless enough that she could kill her children, but she was also heartless enough to blame it on some poor innocent neighbor.

    In a few jailhouse interviews she did try to throw some suspicion Darin's way, but she can't completely throw him under the bus, because her story all along has been that he didn't do it. And she's already changed her story way too much. Also, Darin would just throw the bus right back at her if she tried it. He probably knows (or at least suspects) more than he's saying.
    that's why I think she took the stand as well. She was used to her family and her friends believing her BS so she thought the jury would just believe her....she did more to convict herself by testifying than the evidence did I think. When you read her cross examination by the state you understand why she was convicted...and they want us to believe she was railroaded by the state. She railroaded herself

  3. #213
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    1
    Just my random thoughts on the bruises, ten years ago when I was young, lazy, and broke, I tried to sell my plasma for extra cash. It paid 30$ for the first time and 60$ the second time if u came in the same week according to the constant ads on tv. I never made it the second time because the attendant who inserted the needle, accidently punctured my vein on the inside numerous times trying to find my vein. She eventually tried the other arm, doing the same thing on a lesser scale. Two days later, her poking had caused my entire left arm to form a solid purple bruise from the inside of my elbow to my armpit. My right arm was also dark purple but only about a quarter of it, not like my left arm. What I think, is that the stab wound on her arm, sliced or punctured a vein, and what we see is not a bruising from a violent struggle.

  4. #214
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    4
    During my first pregnancy, I developed pneumonia. I needed arterial gases analyzed to make sure my baby was getting enough oxygen. They stick a needle in an artery in your arm and draw blood directly from the artery and then measure oxygen levels. I was left with a black bruise from my shoulder to my fingers and it exactly resembled Darlie's bruising. I have often wondered if they performed arterial gases on Darlie to measure her oxygen levels since her throat was cut.

  5. #215
    Yes, I definitely think Darin was involved too, although I'm not sure to what extent. It's crazy to me, that after 20+ years later, neither one of them has ever accused the other. They always stuck by their story.

  6. #216
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    99
    Quote Originally Posted by morganmurderino View Post
    Yes, I definitely think Darin was involved too, although I'm not sure to what extent. It's crazy to me, that after 20+ years later, neither one of them has ever accused the other. They always stuck by their story.
    This has been discussed many times. If Darlie accuses Darin now, she's admitting that she lied for 20 years. Why would she sit on death row to protect him? It makes no sense. On the other side, Darin doesn't need to accuse Darlie. She's already on Death Row and all it does is hurt his son and piss off his relatives who support her.

  7. #217
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    2

    Could Darin be guilty of the crime


  8. #218
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by cami View Post
    If Darin came downstairs naked, worked on Devon and then run back upstairs to put his pants on why didn't he transfer some blood upstairs or on the stairs?

    https://hubpages.com/education/Could...-Devon-Routier

  9. #219
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    215
    Quote Originally Posted by Zzzz View Post
    This has been discussed many times. If Darlie accuses Darin now, she's admitting that she lied for 20 years. Why would she sit on death row to protect him? It makes no sense. On the other side, Darin doesn't need to accuse Darlie. She's already on Death Row and all it does is hurt his son and piss off his relatives who support her.
    Perhaps Darlie could not believe that he had done it. It's hard to believe that someone you've loved and been with for years could try and kill you and kill your/their children.

    I've been in an abusive relationship for twelve years and, even though I knew I was being taken advantage of, I'd never thought that I'd been manipulated. After things got out of control and he almost got physical with me, and started making death threats to me, my family and a friend of mine, I suddenly started to process the last twelve years of my life and realize just how much of a liar and of a manipulator he'd been with me. So, because I've been there, I can tell you that sometimes it's just plain denial from the part of the victim. "No, my loved one would never do such a thing. I must have interpreted things all wrong. I must be the one having problems, not him/her." Those are the kind of thoughts that start running in people who've been psychologically abused for a while.

    I can't say for sure that this is the kind of relationship that Darlie and Darin were in but... from what I read, she was pretty much taking care of everything (house, kids, meals, paying the bills) while he was out working and maybe not just working... if you know what I mean. Yes, he gave her jewels, but a woman needs attention and help around the house more than she needs jewels... so that does not mean that he was a great husband afterall. It used to be like that for me too... minus the jewels. Because we were broke since he spent all "our" money for his own leisure. I had to take care of everything. Cooking, cleaning, grocery shopping, laundry, taking care of our son, etc. It was my responsibility because he was earning more money than me... because he wanted me home to take care of everything and would throw fits when I'd have to work weekends or evenings. Anyways... I guess this post will be confusing to many of you but... all I'm trying to say is that... with the things that I've had the time to realize over the last year or so about my relationship with my ex, well... I can see similarities in Darlie's situation. And maybe in Darin's temper/way of thinking. And that leads me to think that maybe Darlie was just really trusting her husband who was not a good person at all and who used her. She may not have had the time to realize it before it was too late. And maybe now she is ashamed to talk about it, or someone told her it was in her best interest not to implicate Darin in order to try and get herself out of death row.

    I mean, what if someone told her that Drake could risk losing both his parents if she did implicate Darin but failed to lay the charges off her? Or maybe these are just her thoughts. But I sincerely hope that one day, she will get the courage and the help necessary to make things move and prove the world that they were wrong about her.

    Sorry for the long post... but I had to try and explain how I see things.

  10. #220
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    215
    Quote Originally Posted by PamelaC123 View Post
    Darin's clothes were collected at the hospital. He was given hospital scrubs to wear.
    Yes, but didn't he have the time to go shower and change clothes at a neighbour's before he got to the hospital? First of all, who does that? You kids are dying/dead, your wife is serisouly injured and you take the time to shower and change into some fresh clothes before going to the hospital?! He probably had something to hide, otherwise he would not have done that. His wife was in shock. He should have been in shock too. And he should have been by her side. Not showering. Smells fishy to me.


  11. #221
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    1,111
    Quote Originally Posted by Leischa View Post
    Yes, but didn't he have the time to go shower and change clothes at a neighbour's before he got to the hospital? First of all, who does that? You kids are dying/dead, your wife is serisouly injured and you take the time to shower and change into some fresh clothes before going to the hospital?! He probably had something to hide, otherwise he would not have done that. His wife was in shock. He should have been in shock too. And he should have been by her side. Not showering. Smells fishy to me.
    You must be getting your information from some of Darlie's groupies. If Darrin did it, you can bet your last dime that Darlie would have shouted it from the rooftops. I do agree with your point that it is hard for someone to accept that someone you love just slaughtered your two sons. I expect that is why Darrin was in denial at first, although I do not think it took him long to realize Darlie was the killer. He will never have my respect in any way, because he continued to defend her once he figured it out. But that does not make him a killer.

    Darlie is guilty as hell.

  12. #222
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    238
    Quote Originally Posted by Leischa View Post
    Yes, but didn't he have the time to go shower and change clothes at a neighbour's before he got to the hospital? First of all, who does that? You kids are dying/dead, your wife is serisouly injured and you take the time to shower and change into some fresh clothes before going to the hospital?! He probably had something to hide, otherwise he would not have done that. His wife was in shock. He should have been in shock too. And he should have been by her side. Not showering. Smells fishy to me.
    If Darlie was in shock Iím sure Darin was too.

  13. #223
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    215
    Quote Originally Posted by chlban View Post
    You must be getting your information from some of Darlie's groupies. If Darrin did it, you can bet your last dime that Darlie would have shouted it from the rooftops. I do agree with your point that it is hard for someone to accept that someone you love just slaughtered your two sons. I expect that is why Darrin was in denial at first, although I do not think it took him long to realize Darlie was the killer. He will never have my respect in any way, because he continued to defend her once he figured it out. But that does not make him a killer.

    Darlie is guilty as hell.
    First of all... I am not getting my information from Darlie's groupies, as you say. I've done tons of research on this case years ago so I know what I'm talking about. I took the time to read all the information that was out there, not only the one that was saying "Darlie Routier is guilty" or "Darlie is a psychopath"... I read about everything there was to read on the case.

    So, from your comment, you find it normal that the man took the "time" to go shower and change clothes before getting to the hospital? Also, do you think it's normal that the police let him back into the house after the crime, when they supposably already thought it was someone from inside the house who'd done it? He was there, just like Darlie was there.

    I'm sorry if my reply may sound rude, but I am tired of people not even being able to try and see how things don't add up. Or at least try and think about it. I'd left this thread years ago because I could never post anything without getting "bashed", and I'm kind of tired of always getting the "Darlie is guilty" as a reply.

    And about the fact that Darlie would've shouted it from the rooftops if she'd know that Darin had done it. But maybe she was in denial. Why? Because she was in love with him. Maybe she didn't see that it was him and that she only had doubts afterwards, and that he managed to make her think that the intruder story was true. He could've manipulated her. And believe me, when you love and trust someone who is highly manipulative, believing every word that comes out of their mouth is easy... (I'm not stating that Darin is, for a fact, a manipulator/psychopath or anything like that because I don't know him and I don't know how he was with her but... it could have been the case. I know what I'm talking about. Been there myself.) Or maybe she was just so afraid of him that she decided that she'd take the blame and be safer in prison rather than by his side outside of prison, who knows (until the death penalty came)?

    I haven't thought about it much yet... as to why she decided to either protect Darin, IF she did.

    I'm not 100 % certain that he is guilty, but I don't understand why people refuse to see him as a suspect, and Darlie as a victim.

  14. #224
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    946
    Well, you guys brought up some good points, but I dont think Darlie will get a new trial.
    The theory or scenario you have just read is just an opinion or assumption!

    Who Murdered Kimberly Louiselle?

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15


Similar Threads

  1. Darin Routier files for divorce
    By Cassata11 in forum Darlie Routier
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 08-07-2011, 11:10 AM
  2. Poll: Did Darlie Routier murder her children?
    By Casshew in forum Darlie Routier
    Replies: 654
    Last Post: 06-02-2007, 08:43 AM
  3. Darlie Supporters and Darin Routier
    By RobertStJames in forum Darlie Routier
    Replies: 411
    Last Post: 02-14-2006, 01:13 PM

Tags for this Thread