Orlando Sentinel motion filed on where 200K was spent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, if that motion is granted it will be more than interesting!

I'm not sure how much traction they will get on that. As a private transaction, I can't imagine it's subject to public disclosure - provided no laws were broken. Ah, but it would be fun, wouldn't it...

Read the motion, all made sense to me - be very very interesting if this information is unsealed - even though it looks like the actual paper work to seal it wasn't done....hmmmm.....can anyone tell if Mr. Baez is doing his neck clicks yet?

I also want to know if he paid taxes on it! I know KC owes taxes on it, but did JB pay taxes on his claimed income from this?

Trust me, $200,00 is more than he would have made over the last few years on this case, a lot more. I am very, very interested in this!

i would like to see other things that were sealed as well. isn't there a home depot video? wonder what that is about.

I'm not sure how much traction they will get on that. As a private transaction, I can't imagine it's subject to public disclosure - provided no laws were broken. Ah, but it would be fun, wouldn't it...

I think the fact that Casey's defense was paid by Tax Dollars that it becomes a matter of whether or not indigence status was duly awarded.

Read the motion, all made sense to me - be very very interesting if this information is unsealed - even though it looks like the actual paper work to seal it wasn't done....hmmmm.....can anyone tell if Mr. Baez is doing his neck clicks yet?

Thanks - well done motion. Sigh. So nice to read one. Loved the media attorneys, savvy professionals they are.

What was the potential financial conflict of interest that Jose Baez had? Interesting!

I remember that Jose said he had paid himself something like $89K out of this money. I think LKB got some too.

What was the potential financial conflict of interest that Jose Baez had? Interesting!

And the fact that KC's address was listed as The Baez Law Firm, her check was sent there, and her IRS notices went there as well.

Now....add in the comments Ann Finnell made here....

http://www.jaxdailyrecord.com/downtowntoday.php?dt_date=2011-07-26

When asked about the legal fees involved in the case, Finnell said it’s her understanding that lead defense attorney Jose Baez “brokered the sale” of some photographs of Caylee Anthony to the news media for $200,000 early in the case.

“That was gone by the time I got there,” said Finnell.

http://spokesman.jaxrotary.org/
Most of the defense team's cost was pro bono or from dollars received from the media for photos

Wow. It will be really be interesting is to see what resources were spent on SODDI defense and WHEN!
$1000 investigate AMY
$1000 investigate Tony
$1000 investigate Kio Marie
$100,000 investigate George

nevermind, it was an accident.... cause she said so

IIRC...if JB had brokered the deal that paid his fees it could be a conflict. He consulted with ethics attorney Timothy Chinaris early on. At the time, it passed the "test".

However, we don't know if the deal was brokered and structured according to ethical guidelines. In light of the recent comment by ABC that it was not just photos, but exclusive interview rights that they paid for....I think a revisit to her indigency affidavit is in order.

IMO, the fact that JB did not have KC set aside $$ to cover taxes tells me that either he never expected her to be aquitted, she didn't give a flip, or something shady was done to hide $$.

Well, when I heard this all I could think was, "It's about friggin time!!"

IIRC...if JB had brokered the deal that paid his fees it could be a conflict. He consulted with ethics attorney Timothy Chinaris early on. At the time, it passed the "test".

However, we don't know if the deal was brokered and structured according to ethical guidelines. In light of the recent comment by ABC that it was not just photos, but exclusive interview rights that they paid for....I think a revisit to her indigency affidavit is in order.

IMO, the fact that JB did not have KC set aside $$ to cover taxes tells me that either he never expected her to be aquitted, she didn't give a flip, or something shady was done to hide $$.
SOS...where/when did ABC say that about interview rights? I thought it was SOP for all big networks to claim licensing fees.

I've been dying to know how her civil attorney is being paid. I can only think he must have gotten some kind of retainer...I wonder if part of this went for him. I don't remember when ZG filed suit though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie