Status
Not open for further replies.

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
New information on missing Chili teen Brittanee Drexel

There is new information coming out on missing Chili teenager Brittanee Drexel.

Today, an article in Charleston’s Post and Courier talks about the man police consider a person of interest. He's reportedly a sex offender who was convicted of raping a child in California in 1983. The article says the man, who is not named, got out of prison in 2004.

More: http://www.whec.com/news/stories/S2226052.shtml?cat=566

Drexel Case: Police search apartment of "person of interest"

The search for a missing New York teenager moved further south this week after state investigators and others from the Myrtle Beach Police Department combed a local apartment complex looking for clues.

Yellow crime scene tape surrounded apartment 22 in the Sunset Lodge apartments in Georgetown County as the search continued throughout the day Monday for missing teenager Brittanee Drexel.

More: http://www.gtowntimes.com/local/Dre...nt-of--person-of-interest-2011-08-03T03-17-24

Thanks for the new thread and the above links She. Our local WHEC newscast lead tonight with Britt as breaking news so I was hoping but it was the pretty much the same as they showed at 6 this morning so I dont know why they did that! They did show the inside of the room though and said they took the refrig and a piece of wallpaper. I do find it interesting that the police have been careful to say he is not a POI and even more important that there is no arrest imminent. Seems kinda odd IMHO. I'm thinking it may be more about who he had contact with and who he knows and who else was there rather than just him. IDK it just seems strange that this search was scheduled and that no arrests are planned.

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/15196092/aftermath-of-georgetown-co-search-for-drexel

Shows photos from inside the room after police search.

Does the Luminol 'enhance' with the presence of blood? I see lots of blue on those pictures, some areas more concentrated/darker than others, like the curtains for example, but not sure what to make of it. ETA: Nevermind, I guess if it would have glowed they would have taken the curtains - my duh moment for the day.

And that's a lot of wallpaper removed from the bathroom, especially behind the sink area.

Saying Hello to all in new thread (And it now shows up on my "subscribed threads")

What a filthy looking place to live ...

It is probably going to take some time to process all of the gathered evidence.. Unfortunately this isn't CSI where we can get the results back within the hour... I'm guessing mitochondrial or PCR DNA analysis is going to be the method used, and that takes quite some time to get results...

I sure hope they find something...
Fingers X'ed

OT a little but i just realized something coincidental....
I have followed the cases of:

1. Jodi Huisentruit
2. Lauren Giddings
3. Lauren Spierer
4. Holly Bobo
5. Brittanee Drexel

It seems all 5 of them have some serious movements/developments happening now...

I wonder if there is something cosmically to explain that? (i SOO miss the forensic astrology forum)

ETA. I forgot Maura Murray...there is alot of stirring going on there too...

OT a little but i just realized something coincidental....
I have followed the cases of:

1. Jodi Huisentruit
2. Lauren Giddings
3. Lauren Spierer
4. Holly Bobo
5. Brittanee Drexel

It seems all 5 of them have some serious movements/developments happening now...

I wonder if there is something cosmically to explain that? (i SOO miss the forensic astrology forum)

goodgirl, I miss the FA forum too:(

The cases you mentioned are developing as we speak. I wish I knew where else to go to find the astrological aspect. IMO, the WS astros were very gifted at casting accurate charts in missing persons cases. I plan to go back and re-read Britt's astro thread.

I am pleased to hear of the latest developments in Britt's case. Hopefully, there will be a resolution by the end of the year...I know these things take time:/

MOO

wm

Thanks for the new thread and the above links She. Our local WHEC newscast lead tonight with Britt as breaking news so I was hoping but it was the pretty much the same as they showed at 6 this morning so I dont know why they did that! They did show the inside of the room though and said they took the refrig and a piece of wallpaper. I do find it interesting that the police have been careful to say he is not a POI and even more important that there is no arrest imminent. Seems kinda odd IMHO. I'm thinking it may be more about who he had contact with and who he knows and who else was there rather than just him. IDK it just seems strange that this search was scheduled and that no arrests are planned.

This board is usually light years ahead of the media. NG will bring up things for the first time that this board has known about for a few days or even sometimes months. The sleuthers on this board know what they're doing.

Saying Hello to all in new thread (And it now shows up on my "subscribed threads")

What a filthy looking place to live ...

It is probably going to take some time to process all of the gathered evidence.. Unfortunately this isn't CSI where we can get the results back within the hour... I'm guessing mitochondrial or PCR DNA analysis is going to be the method used, and that takes quite some time to get results...

I sure hope they find something...
Fingers X'ed

mlatta, It is indeed a seedy looking joint. While growing up in Alabama, this place would have been referred to as a 'hole in the wall'! Really, I lived in some dives back in the college days but this place seems so........sad. (that's the only descriptive word I can think of at the moment)

I have my fingers crossed too!

Hang in there Brittanee! xoxo

wm

New information on missing Chili teen Brittanee Drexel

There is new information coming out on missing Chili teenager Brittanee Drexel.

Today, an article in Charleston’s Post and Courier talks about the man police consider a person of interest. He's reportedly a sex offender who was convicted of raping a child in California in 1983. The article says the man, who is not named, got out of prison in 2004.

More: http://www.whec.com/news/stories/S2226052.shtml?cat=566

Drexel Case: Police search apartment of "person of interest"

The search for a missing New York teenager moved further south this week after state investigators and others from the Myrtle Beach Police Department combed a local apartment complex looking for clues.

Yellow crime scene tape surrounded apartment 22 in the Sunset Lodge apartments in Georgetown County as the search continued throughout the day Monday for missing teenager Brittanee Drexel.

More: http://www.gtowntimes.com/local/Dre...nt-of--person-of-interest-2011-08-03T03-17-24

I loved this part of the article
Police are not calling Moody a suspect or even a “person of interest”. As you may recall, Brittanee disappeared from Myrtle Beach two years ago on Spring Break. Police have told us the last signal from her cell phone came from Georgetown County, where the Sunset Lodge is located.

Just because you don't call your DOG a Dog and don't call it a canine doesn't mean its not a dog and its still a canine.

I loved this part of the article

Just because you don't call your DOG a Dog and don't call it a canine doesn't mean its not a dog and its still a canine.

Just more BS the police have to do in order to avoid defense attorneys accusing them of honing in on one suspect. :banghead:

This has been bugging me all day and I almost posted it earlier and said to myself "nah, they'll think I'm :deadhorse: still", but its getting the best of me so here I go. :deadhorse: again.

Not trying to be too critical of LE here, I promise. I have praised SLED many many times through the years. I believe every local PD has its own 'personality' and I also said early on that MBPD was trying to downplay this....in the media, thats fine (not fine, but how it works in tourist areas, I get it), but seriously? Behind the scenes was someone not scouring RSO in the area, MB and Georgetown once they knew (very quickly, IIRC) her phone made a 'beeline' in that direction? Ok, so here's where I technically :deadhorse: - if those attempts the weeks prior to Britt disappearing have nagged me for two years, shouldnt it have nagged someone in LE tasked with checking out RSO and following up on THAT incident...I guess what I am saying is how could LE not have seen a possible connection there and while hopefully scouring the RSO database for Horry/Georgetown/Charleston Counties, NOT have had this guy ping their radar, since you know it seems apparent he has been registered in G'town since 2004, and NOT have said "gee, that guy looks a little like our composite from Captain's Quarters/Hotel Blue attacks"....and maybe "oh, look, he lives very close to Brittanee Drexel's last cell ping."

I mean, this isnt a guy who made a dumb 18 year old mistake by having consensual sex with his 16 year old girlfriend that landed him on RSO. That is one baaaaaad man.

Maybe its just me, and if so, I apologize. :waitasec:

I apologize but I can't recall-did police take her disappearance seriously from the very first day, or was there the usual "runaway" routine?

I just checked in and it looks like some new developments are happening. Good to hear. So this guy used to live in the Sunset lodge. Is this in the area that her phone pings were tracked to? What led them to this guy after all this time? Please let some answers come out of this lead.

I apologize but I can't recall-did police take her disappearance seriously from the very first day, or was there the usual "runaway" routine?

I don't think LE ever really considered her to be a runaway because she left all her belongings in the hotel room. I think LE always considered her to be a victim of foul play. I think they just didn't have much to go on considering there was no crime scene or concrete suspects.

cluciano63, I agree with Soul125, I DO think LE took it seriously, probably more seriously than they played it to the media, and I say that as someone who is local. For the first couple of days there were some rumblings, despite leaving her belongings (and as others pointed out, a 17 year old girl isnt going to run away and leave behind her make up and hair straightener) they mentioned depression, upset home life, parents divorcing, etc. That notion ramped up a day or two into it when there was this supposed credible tip that several people saw her exit a bus early one morning that was coming from Georgetown - it was like a regional transportation bus and a lot of the hotel industry workers ride them in from rural areas near MB. I remember watching the reprots that morning and thanking God, maybe she had ran off for a couple days afterall! Within a few hours though that was shown invalid because they tracked the girl down, and I think it turned out to be a case of that 'blond girl looking like the girl they're looking for'; not to diminish the tip, better they check it out than not...but I think it took a couple of days for MBPD to let it sink in they really did have a possible abduction on their hands, not just a missing teenager/runaway and they were going to have to lay their cards on the table to the media. I think they knew what they were most likely dealing with from the beginning and were geared that direction behind the scenes but just trying to figure out a way to handle the potential media fallout in the height of spring break season with the summer rolling in fast.

Soul125, I mapped the location of the Sunset Lodge and it is just below Georgetown, not as far south as the river area they had been so concentrated searching but very close. I will go do a Google map and try to get you a mileage but I would think it is within 20 miles, if that much. I told someone the other day I always had my doubts SHE was right within that area of the river, I thought someone tossed her phone/bag out the car going across the bridge and carried her further south. But it dawned on me the other day too with the location of this lodge, in a criminals mind if they are concerned about cell phone tracking, makes perfect sense he may take it farther to dispose of and double back -- if LE tracks it, they'll just keep moving right on past his shack.

ETA: It's 9.3 miles from Sunset Lodge to Pole Yard Landing/North Santee River, straight shot down Hwy 17.

Pole Yard Way, Sampit-Santee, SC 29440 to 3376 S Fraser St, Georgetown, SC 29440 - Google Maps

This has been bugging me all day and I almost posted it earlier and said to myself "nah, they'll think I'm :deadhorse: still", but its getting the best of me so here I go. :deadhorse: again.

Not trying to be too critical of LE here, I promise. I have praised SLED many many times through the years. I believe every local PD has its own 'personality' and I also said early on that MBPD was trying to downplay this....in the media, thats fine (not fine, but how it works in tourist areas, I get it), but seriously? Behind the scenes was someone not scouring RSO in the area, MB and Georgetown once they knew (very quickly, IIRC) her phone made a 'beeline' in that direction? Ok, so here's where I technically :deadhorse: - if those attempts the weeks prior to Britt disappearing have nagged me for two years, shouldnt it have nagged someone in LE tasked with checking out RSO and following up on THAT incident...I guess what I am saying is how could LE not have seen a possible connection there and while hopefully scouring the RSO database for Horry/Georgetown/Charleston Counties, NOT have had this guy ping their radar, since you know it seems apparent he has been registered in G'town since 2004, and NOT have said "gee, that guy looks a little like our composite from Captain's Quarters/Hotel Blue attacks"....and maybe "oh, look, he lives very close to Brittanee Drexel's last cell ping."

I mean, this isnt a guy who made a dumb 18 year old mistake by having consensual sex with his 16 year old girlfriend that landed him on RSO. That is one baaaaaad man.

Maybe its just me, and if so, I apologize. :waitasec:

I definitely don't think you are beating a dead horse, SeaNymph, it is a logical assumption.

If I remember correctly, LE seemed to really focus on the "friends". I did too, because they acted like they couldn't care less about her.

The girls took off and left without her, no even really knowing if she was truly missing.

The boys left in the early, early morning hours the night she disapeared also.

In my mind I was sure THEY had done something to Britt, so I can see LE thinking that first.

Remember, LE always starts the investigation with the person or people last seen with the victim.

The reason I asked is because it seems that someone as dangerous as this current "non POI" should have been looked at way back then, I would think...

The reason I asked is because it seems that someone as dangerous as this current "non POI" should have been looked at way back then, I would think...

I agree with you 100%. I would have thought LE would have looked at anyone in the GT area who had a history of sexual assault since someone clearly took her in that direction or at least her cell phone. I just hope that after all this time there is still evidence if this guy was indeed involved in whatever happened to her. This case needs to find closure after all this time. Forgive me, I guess I missed something about this guy in the thread. Was he involved in another attempted kidnapping at another Myrtle Beach hotel?

I agree with you 100%. I would have thought LE would have looked at anyone in the GT area who had a history of sexual assault since someone clearly took her in that direction or at least her cell phone. I just hope that after all this time there is still evidence if this guy was indeed involved in whatever happened to her. This case needs to find closure after all this time. Forgive me, I guess I missed something about this guy in the thread. Was he involved in another attempted kidnapping at another Myrtle Beach hotel?

I'm not sure how to bring posts over from other threads but if you check the last few pages in thread 14 you will find reference and a sketch artist drawing of a suspect who attempted to abduct 2 young girls from MB hotels. The sketch is remarkably similar to this POI who was living at the Sunset Lodge. Quite a few coincidences that give me great hope LE is onto something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni