GUILTY CA - Albert Abrams for child *advertiser censored*, Los Angeles, 2011

Missizzy

Reaction score
Not a blemish in his entire career and then disturbing behavior after a growth was removed from his spine. Believe it or not, I want to watch this one. I've been reading about the lowering of inhibitions connected to an ever growing number of disorders. This really intrigues me and I'll be interested to see what the evidence shows and what the doctors have to say. It might be a bunch of bean juice but it sure is coming up more and more. It's a proven fact that this can occur with frontal lobe dementia. Let's see if the spinal disorders can also cause strange behaviors.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lan...censored*-los-angeles-city-commissioner-.html

FBI conducts child *advertiser censored* search at L.A. official's home
August 3, 2011

"FBI agents have searched the Tarzana home of an appointee of Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa to determine whether he or anyone else at the residence might have downloaded child *advertiser censored*, according to authorities and documents released Wednesday. Investigators went Friday to the home of Albert Abrams, until this week president of the Board of Neighborhood Commissioners, a seven-member panel that oversees dozens of neighborhood councils. No one has been arrested or charged and the investigation is continuing...."

and

"...Computers and other evidence were seized at the home..."

and

"Villaraigosa's office issued a statement saying the mayor had accepted Abrams' resignation. Abrams, 63, said in an interview that he did not know whether he was a target of the investigation. Asked about the search warrant, he said he had surgery earlier this year to address a growth on his spine. That growth, he said, caused "behaviors that were completely out of character...."

and

According to an affidavit filed in court, FBI agents went to Abrams’ home in search of "any records, documents, applications or materials … that identify any minor visually depicted while engaging in sexually explicit conduct." The affidavit said that agents had "probable cause" to believe that at least one computer at Abrams’ home had child *advertiser censored* on it...."

More at link

I'm skeptical. Growth on brain, I would consider ...but not the spine.

Not a blemish in his entire career and then disturbing behavior after a growth was removed from his spine. Believe it or not, I want to watch this one. I've been reading about the lowering of inhibitions connected to an ever growing number of disorders. This really intrigues me and I'll be interested to see what the evidence shows and what the doctors have to say. It might be a bunch of bean juice but it sure is coming up more and more. It's a proven fact that this can occur with frontal lobe dementia. Let's see if the spinal disorders can also cause strange behaviors.
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lan...censored*-los-angeles-city-commissioner-.html

FBI conducts child *advertiser censored* search at L.A. official's home
August 3, 2011

<respectfully snipped>

BBM - And every time I bring up frontal lobe damage/deformity in relation to serial killers, I get pooh, poohed. It seems almost clear to me there are some correlations.

I knew a man from work who had a liver transplant. He told me, himself, that his feelings changed - memories/feelings that were encapsulated in his new liver? I think so. Our bodies are more intricate/mysterious than we can even contemplate.

I did a lot of research on this last night and can find nothing. Obviously I find it extremely intriguing and yet disturbing as I have Spinocerebellar Ataxia. My spine and cerebellum are degenerating and I surely don't want to think I'd do something totally out of character. But it has certainly changed my life.

Another unusual medical case that comes to mind is that of Larry McMurtry, the famous author. He experienced a change of personality following bypass surgery.

I wonder if this official might have had experienced neuro damage from the removal of the growth?

Trident, you won't ever get shut down by me when you bring up issues of frontal lobe damage. Eight of our children were prenatally exposed to a number of drugs--crack cocaine, meth, heroin, and PCP--and all have permanent frontal lobe damage and the developmental disabilities that go along with it. I also frequently bring up the issue as a loving home, fortitude and good will are no match for poor hardwiring.

Another article:

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2011/08/child-*advertiser censored*-appointee.html

Villaraigosa 'appalled' that child *advertiser censored* probe targeted Abrams
August 4, 2011

"....The mayor said he personally did not order Abrams to resign and was unsure if Abrams was directed to do so by another City Hall official. Villaraigosa said that Abrams had notified City Hall officials of the search and told them he was “sorry for everything that has happened.” The mayor said he did not know Abrams very well. Villaraigosa said he believes Abrams “needs a lot of help, and I hope he gets it.”

“It’s a very sad situation,” Villaraigosa said...."

more at link (plus comments)

I did a lot of research on this last night and can find nothing. Obviously I find it extremely intriguing and yet disturbing as I have Spinocerebellar Ataxia. My spine and cerebellum are degenerating and I surely don't want to think I'd do something totally out of character. But it has certainly changed my life.

Another unusual medical case that comes to mind is that of Larry McMurtry, the famous author. He experienced a change of personality following bypass surgery.

I wonder if this official might have had experienced neuro damage from the removal of the growth?

Trident, you won't ever get shut down by me when you bring up issues of frontal lobe damage. Eight of our children were prenatally exposed to a number of drugs--crack cocaine, meth, heroin, and PCP--and all have permanent frontal lobe damage and the developmental disabilities that go along with it. I also frequently bring up the issue as a loving home, fortitude and good will are no match for poor hardwiring.

my dad's personality changed from outgoing and mostly happy, to fairly introverted and kind of grumpy after a quadruple bypass. But it didn't change his moral compass.

IMO, I don't think that a growth on the spine affects behavioral control in that way. I don't see how it's anatomically possible. Maybe if it causes pressure in the brain to raise. However, it is possible for a person to suffer a small stroke or some other complication during anesthesia for any kind of operation and this has been known to have behavioral consequences.

But he could just be making it up as he goes.

If he had a brain disorder of some sort causing his behavior to deteriorate to such an extent that he is compelled to download child *advertiser censored* because of it he might not be able to understand that the behaviors were undesirable and it was necessary for them to be "out of character".

As far as his having no blemish on his public record, it could just mean that this was the first time he was busted.

We had a thread on a man busted in Utah for selling meth to young boys, Kent Frandsen. When the police came barging in, there he sat at his computer, stark naked and enjoying his child *advertiser censored*. This was a man who was a life partner to an internationally known photographer and who had the money for the best medical care. He had several best selling books. I remember being just floored that he was almost proud of what he had amassed. I'm sure the police were totally nonplussed. The more I read, the more clear it became that the man was suffering some form of early onset dementia--possibly connected with AIDS.

I started reading up on it and it's not pleasant stuff. In fact it's horrifying to think that our personalities and moral compasses could change. But they surely seem to with the onset of the dementias and wasting diseases. From what I can understand (as a laywoman), our inhibitions fall by the wayside. We've all know proud and upstanding sufferers of Alzheimers whose families are mortified when they start making vile or racist comments or disrobing in public. Things that they never would have done before the illness. I'm sure as certain wiring changes, ugly undercurrents can rise to the surface. If (and this is a big IF) this proves to be the case with Abrams, I truly hope that this can be used an instructive tool for doctors and families.

And Charlie, did your Dad every return to his own self or did he remain changed? I've read McMurtry's story and I found it so sad. It was like waking up with someone else's body. Trident is right. Our bodies and brains are so mysterious and complex.

We had a thread on a man busted in Utah for selling meth to young boys, Kent Frandsen. When the police came barging in, there he sat at his computer, stark naked and enjoying his child *advertiser censored*. This was a man who was a life partner to an internationally known photographer and who had the money for the best medical care. He had several best selling books. I remember being just floored that he was almost proud of what he had amassed. I'm sure the police were totally nonplussed. The more I read, the more clear it became that the man was suffering some form of early onset dementia--possibly connected with AIDS.

I started reading up on it and it's not pleasant stuff. In fact it's horrifying to think that our personalities and moral compasses could change. But they surely seem to with the onset of the dementias and wasting diseases. From what I can understand (as a laywoman), our inhibitions fall by the wayside. We've all know proud and upstanding sufferers of Alzheimers whose families are mortified when they start making vile or racist comments or disrobing in public. Things that they never would have done before the illness. I'm sure as certain wiring changes, ugly undercurrents can rise to the surface. If (and this is a big IF) this proves to be the case with Abrams, I truly hope that this can be used an instructive tool for doctors and families.

And Charlie, did your Dad every return to his own self or did he remain changed? I've read McMurtry's story and I found it so sad. It was like waking up with someone else's body. Trident is right. Our bodies and brains are so mysterious and complex.

he was always a little more grumpy, and when medications needed to be adjusted almost unbearable....but we got to keep him for about 13 extra years. I'm grateful for even the grumpy times. In fact, I'd give anything for an exasperated "what???" from him now!

As much as I don't think it's the spine, I would also question medication...although I still don't think it changes one's moral compass.

"No blemish on his public record?" Maybe not personally, but Abrams headed up a very ineffective commission which oversees a controversial Neighborhood Council system that is been a hotbed of bad behavior. The agency directly under Abrams' control is widely seen to be incompetent at best.

Here's a quick sampling of the misbehavior that Abrams commission has failed to do anything to control:
Embezzling: Link
Misuse of Funds: Link
Intimidation:
[video=youtube;EuTJA3FsZhQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuTJA3FsZhQ[/video]
Harassment of non-profit volunteers: Link

But in BONC's defense, they did recommend that Neighborhood Council officials take a short class on ethics!

One L.A. politics blogger is asking, in light of this bizarre incident, if it's time to pull the plug on the whole Neighborhood Council program.

As far as his having no blemish on his public record, it could just mean that this was the first time he was busted.

Or during his recooping period from surgery he had more time on his hands to do what the heck he wanted to do?

Filly is no Doctor so who knows?

No, Mr. Abrams, this is not what just happens when one has a tumor. Actually, after reading this, I'm less likely the believe the story. He sure seems glib about the situation, IMO:

http://www.dailynews.com/news/ci_18620738?source=rss

Activist blames tumor for interest in child *advertiser censored*

"....Abrams admitted to downloading child *advertiser censored* under the user name "Boywonderusa." He blamed a tumor on his spine for his behavior, suggesting that his medical condition prompted his interest in *advertiser censored*. He said he just learned of the connection this week from his doctor, after the FBI raid.

"It is what my split personality decided to do. That's what happens when you have tumors," he said. Asked if he enjoyed looking at the materials, he replied "Not at all." His wife, L, said she supported him and believed the tumor was to blame...."

more at link

I guess a Federal Grand Jury didn't buy the spinal growth story either:

http://www.lawfuel.com/releases/chi...on-child-*advertiser censored*-charges-31104/

Child *advertiser censored* - Former Head of L.A. City Neighborhood Commission Indicted by Federal Grand Jury on Child *advertiser censored* Charges
February 29, 2012

"A San Fernando Valley man who was president of the City of Los Angeles&#8217; Board of Neighborhood Commissioners surrendered this morning to special agents of the FBI after being charged with federal child *advertiser censored* offenses. Albert Noah Abrams, 63, of Tarzana, was named yesterday in an eight-count indictment that accuses him with distributing, receiving and possessing child *advertiser censored*.

and

"...if he is convicted of all counts in the indictment, Abrams would face a mandatory minimum sentence of five years in federal prison and a statutory maximum sentence of 150 years."

More at link

Well, my split personality says Abrams is a big fat liar.

My son has spina bifida and has had numerous spinal surgeries, many to remove growths and tumors but also has had cadaver "parts" manufactured to create a barrier to keep the tumors from invading and wrapping around the spinal cord. His cord also tethers and causes paralysis to begin taking place until they can once again go in and untether. He lives a normal, happy life and I've yet to see any personality change despite extensive work on and in his spinal column and cord...except perhaps frustration at yet another lengthy surgery and recovery time so I'm not sure I can believe this one.

http://www.centurylink.net/news/read.php?id=19192231&ps=931&cat=&cps=0&lang=en

LOS ANGELES (AP) — A former Los Angeles official who once blamed a spinal tumor for his obsession with child *advertiser censored* was sentenced to seven years in federal prison Monday to be followed by a lifetime of supervision.

Sixty-four-year-old Albert Abrams, white haired and balding, addressed a judge at a hearing attended by his family and friends..............

He admitted he collected child *advertiser censored* and distributed sexually explicit images. His lawyer said materials seized from his home covered almost 20 years during which he hid his activities from family members including his wife of 38 years..............

More at link.....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back