Identified! AZ - Phoenix, skeletal remains in empty nightclub, Aug'11 - Steven Condon

CarlK90245

UID Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The remains were wrapped in something underneath the flooring.

A death investigation has begun and there is no information yet on the sex, age, or identity of the victim.

The old Jockey Club, located at 2200 E. Highland in Phoenix, used to be a hip-hop night club until it was closed after a drive-by shooting. Before that, in the 1980s, it was known as the Roxy Club.

The building has been vacant for some time.

Read More:
http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/dpp/new...-remains-found-at-abandoned-building-8-4-2011

ETA: A comment on the following link says that this was not the Jockey Club building

http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/regio...ix-construction-crew-discovers-human-remains-

This was the location of The Roxy nightclub, next door to Ed DeBevic's restaurant. The Jockey Club was located at Central & Camelback, closed in Nov., 1995. One wrong reporter and nobody fact checked, but assumed it was right. (See New Times article, "The War on Hip-Hop" Dec. 21, 1995)

Interesting. This is a nicer part of Phoenix not far from the Biltmore Hotel. The Roxy Club sounds familiar for some reason. I've never been there... but years ago I knew someone in PHX who wanted to open an under age dance club with some of his buddies but could never obtain the necessary permit. He was also a bouncer at a few of the local dance clubs.

I'll have to find out if any of my siblings have ever visited this particular night club or any of my current friends who are still in contact with bouncer guy visited this club.

Wrapped up and under the floor. Depending on how long these remains have been there it might limit who had access. Especially if it is determined the remains are old enough to have been placed there before the building was abandoned.

I wish I knew what year the building became vacant.

Is it related to the Roxy in Los Angeles, or it just has the same name? Any indication how long the remains were there?

According to an update from Detective Somershoe of the Phoenix PD Missing Persons Unit to Meaghan of Charley Project (which Meaghan forwarded to me), the decedent has been identified as Steven Alan Condon:

Steven Condon's remains were found on 8/4/11 under a building that was being demolished at 2110 East Highland. DNA verified the remains were his. His death is still under investigation.

Here is the content of his Charley Page:

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/c/condon_steven.html

Steven Alan Condon

2174663270045078242S600x600Q851.jpg

Above: Condon, circa 2007

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance

Missing Since: September 1, 2007 from Phoenix, Arizona
Classification: Missing
Date of Birth: May 18, 1960
Height and Weight: 5'10, 130 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: Caucasian male. Blond hair, hazel eyes. Condon's left pinkie finger is missing.

Details of Disappearance

Condon was last heard from when he called an out-of-state relative from Phoenix, Arizona. The exact date of the phone call is unknown, but it was around September 1, 2007. Condon has never been heard from again. He may be homeless. Few details are available in his case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back