CA CA - Maurice James, 29, Bayview, 31 July 2011

summer_breeze

Reaction score
http://blogs.sfweekly.com/thesnitch/2011/08/maurice_james_mo_where_did_you_go.php

By Erin Sherbert Fri., Aug. 5 2011 at 2:30 PM

Friends of 29-year-old Maurice James, also known as "Mo," have started combing the coastal line, looking for the Bayview man who was last seen Sunday night before he possibly left for the beach the next morning.

282111_131839636907810_131830946908679_203075_4444649_n-thumb-200x300-thumb-200x300.jpg

I've seen his posters all over. He seems like such a fun guy with a really strong group of friends. His smile is amazing. From the Mo, Where Did You Go FB page:

In an effort to provide further updates, I spoke with Sebastian who informed me that the belongings that were previously discussed (clothes, leather jacket, glasses, clipper card, iPod) were identified and did indeed belong to Maurice. He further explained to me that those belongings were found above Rock Mile Beach and brought to the authorities on Thursday, August 4th.

And more:

Sebastian Lee Jellema Hello Everyone... There is no doubt in my mind that the clothes, and iPod etc. found at Mile Rock Beach were indeed Mo's. The fact that a Park Police Officer was able to extract my cell phone number from it and call me on Thursday night at 6:30pm was the worst phone call I have EVER recieved in my life! While I have been hoping for Maurice's safe return, every day that goes by reality needs to take hold in order to avoid being delusional. While (for me) it's way to early to speak of Maurice in the past tense, I am left with countless questions and sinarios on what actually happened. Maurice's birthday is on August 29th, and so to honor him Jennifer Masangcay, Ryan Muniz, and I, along with others think it fitting to throw a Birthday party for him on Sunday, August 28th (details to come). The searches that Jenn, Lucy, Michel, and I (and others) have done, are more of a recovery effort to being closure to the situation. Everyone that has any connections to authorities are asked to still investigate and do what they can to get information. I have taken myself off as an Admin and so has Jenn, do to this page at times becoming a complete circus. I will limit my comments, and will write again when more details about his party are available. - Sebastian Lee Jellema

Email sent to San Francisco Police/Community Relations Department. Will post if I hear anything back.

Just found this case whilst looking for connections to 3 missing gay men in Toronto.

' Mo" caught my eye because he looks like a fun and lively, nice guy - hope he is found soon!

March 24 2014 Written By Jeff Mays
maurice-james-ii-missing-31july2011-san-francisco-california.jpg

"Circumstances of Disappearance: Unknown. A man who identified himself as James’ former fiance says he received a message from James that was sent from his iPod around the time he disappeared. The message was unusual because the pair, who remained friends after their break-up, normally spoke via text or Facebook while James was on his home computer.

“It was a note about our past relationship, essentially,” Michel Pignatiello told the Bay Area Reporter. “Basically, he just wanted to let me know he loved me. That was pretty much the gist of the entire e-mail.”

James’ clothes and belongings were later found on the beach.

An unusual note was also posted to James’ blog describing his plan to go to the beach and eat shrimp. Friends say James was violently allergic to shrimp. James also made notes on his blog about financial difficulties he was facing, though none of his friends were aware of any money problems he was having.

The discovery of James’ clothing and the unusual blog postings have left friends and family unsure of what to think.

“It could go either way — it could point toward hope or it could point toward something else,” James’ friend Erick Lopez told SF Weekly about the personal items being discovered.

“He seemed fine,” said friend Bradley Mena. “He didn’t seem upset or depressed about anything.”

Last Seen Wearing: Unknown. Was carrying an Ipod touch and clipper (transit) card.

Identifying Marks or Characteristics: Tribal tattoo on inner forearm near elbow and upper arm near shoulder. James was also called “Mo” by friends.

Anyone with information regarding Maurice James, II‘s circumstances of disappearance should contact the San Francisco Police Department at (415) 553-0123 or the Black and Missing Foundation’s confidential Tip Line."

Bump for Maurice. He looks like such a lovely soul. So sad he has not been found.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sugarheart27
Back