OH - Seven killed, 1 injured in Copley Township shooting spree, 7 Aug 2011

Melly

Reaction score
COPLEY TOWNSHIP, Ohio (AP) - Authorities say a family argument in Ohio ended in the shooting deaths of at least eight people in two places, including an 11-year-old. Two more people were wounded.

Copley Township police Chief Michael Mier tells WKYC-TV that one person shot five people to death in one location Sunday, then two more were killed nearby before police killed the gunman. Sgt. Eric Goodwin says the victims were shot in a neighborhood of older homes.

http://www.wfmj.com/story/15224328/8-shot-to-death-in-ohio-including-child

I just read about this on the BBC site, so sorry to hear it, and an 11 year old among the dead, no excuse for this, ever

Gunman killed in Ohio after shooting 8

COPLEY, Ohio (AP) — Police say a man in Ohio went on a neighborhood shooting rampage, killing seven and leaving victims in three homes before being shot and killed in a gunfight with a police officer and a former officer.

Copley police say in a news release that the man was in one house with several others Sunday morning when he shot his girlfriend, then ran to a neighboring home and shot her brother and four other people. Investigators say he then chased two bystanders through backyards, shooting one outside a home, before entering another house and shooting one person there. He was killed after he left the home.

Police say seven of the man's victims died and one was taken to a hospital.

http://www.mycenturylink.com/news/read.php?rip_id=<D9OVGLP01@news.ap.org>&ps=1011

This world is in a bad way. People are desperate and don't have any holds on their actions right now.

Police, Neighbors Piecing Together Ohio Shooting Rampage

"The tragedy ripped the summer quiet on Goodenough Avenue just before 11 a.m. when police say the gunman shot his girlfriend in one home, then ran to a next-door neighbor's house, where he shot her brother and gunned down four neighbors. He then chased four people -- two through neighboring backyards -- shooting one of them before bursting into a home on nearby Schocalog Road, where two others had sought refuge."

"Police said he shot his eighth victim in that home and left, only to get into a gunfight outside with a police officer and a citizen who had been a police officer. The gunman, whose name was not released, was killed."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/08/08/police-neighbors-piecing-together-ohio-rampage/#ixzz1URE8dpBn

From my above link:

"Gilbert Elie, who has lived in the neighborhood for 11 years, heard the gunshots and cries for help as he got ready for church. In an account that differed slightly from the police version, Elie said he went to a house across the street and found the woman who lived there lying in the driveway, her husband shot near the garage, and their young granddaughter and another woman shot in the front seat of a vehicle, the windows apparently blown out by gunfire."

"A third woman came out of the house next door and tried to talk to Elie, he said, but their brief exchange ended abruptly when a man followed her out of the house and shot her, sending the 76-year-old Elie running for safety behind a truck."

"She was talking to me, and he come up behind her and shot her, so I figured, maybe I'm next," he told The Associated Press."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/08/08/police-neighbors-piecing-together-ohio-rampage/#ixzz1URF4mNMd

Amazing that this thread's so far not getting more attention, posts-wise. It's like, here in the U.S., people have
become so inured to mass slaughter that we're all, like, "Meh. Been there, read that, sorry, but. Next please."

Sad.

Amazing that this thread's so far not getting more attention, posts-wise. It's like, here in the U.S., people have
become so inured to mass slaughter that we're all, like, "Meh. Been there, read that, sorry, but. Next please."

Sad.
True. This type of stories seem to be happening regularly lately.

An eyewitness to one of the shootings and neighbors and friends at the vigil identified some of the victims as husband and wife Russell and Gudrun Johnson; their adult son, Brian Johnson; their granddaughter, 17-year-old Autumn Johnson; and Scott Dieter, an 11-year-old from Kentucky who was visiting his aunt. Neighbors said the alleged shooter was the longtime boyfriend of Scott&#8217;s aunt, Becky Dieter, who was believed to be at an area hospital Sunday evening.

Neighbors knew the alleged shooter&#8217;s first name only.

http://www.ohio.com/news/local/hundreds-gather-at-prayer-vigil-for-copley-victims-1.228812

End of times, my friends!

You know, the link I posted above has the victims' names from members of the community, NOT LE . . . kind of tasteless for the Media to release names like that, eh?

Well, I certainly hope that all of the families have been notified, now that the victims' names are all over the internet.

This world is in a bad way. People are desperate and don't have any holds on their actions right now.

This is just so awful and you are correct. People just do not have a grip on "normal reality". I live a few towns away... just awful. Is there any suitable answer on "why" this happens?

My prayers to family, friends and this small community. What a tragedy.
This man must have snapped.......so sad.
God bless all.

Woman: Alleged Ohio killer of 7 in estate dispute

Monday, August 8, 2011 1:24 PM EDT

COPLEY, Ohio (AP) &#8212; Police on Monday identified the man responsible for shooting and killing 7 people in a rampage over the weekend in this small Ohio town, and a woman who knew him said he was an unpleasant, disliked person who was involved in an estate dispute.

Michael Hance, 51, was named as the gunman in Sunday's killings in Copley, and he died in a shootout with police.

Robin Hancock came to the police station in this northeast Ohio community on Monday to hear updates on the slayings that left eight dead, including Hance.

"He was quiet and strange," said Hancock, 53, of Akron.

Hancock was a caregiver for a couple slain in the rampage, and said Hance's confrontational behavior caused her to leave her job.

One shooting victim who survived was Becky Dieter, Hance's girlfriend of more than two decades, she said.

Hancock said Hance had become embroiled in a dispute over the will of Dieter's late parents, and that a next-door couple who were long-time friends with Dieter's parents had gotten involved

http://mycenturylink.com/news/read.php?rip_id=<D9P017IO0@news.ap.org>&ps=1018

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redeworker
Back