Who are these people! (Ahhhhhhhhh)

ManInTheBox

Reaction score
:waitasec: According to Dr. Lee's book which I recently bought the Ramseys on that fateful Christmas night took a trip to the Lucases' house for a Christmas Party...Did I miss something here. I always understood it that the Ramseys went to the Whites' house for the party. Now, did they go to the Whites' after the Lucases' or was this a misunderstanding of the events by someone...or me? I've never even heard of the Lucases. Could someone please clarify the chain of events for me?

I never heard of them! Just what we need, someone else to confuse the chain of events....LOL

Honestly, I can't say I have ever heard of the Lucases. Only the Stines, Whites, and Fernies.

A lot of the people in Lee's latest book are identified by other names. Not sure why he did this, but the Whites were one family whose names were changed. Lucas=White in this respect. Hope that explains it. I don't have the book in front of me, but I know there is an explanation on this and there are more name changes in this chapter.

Thorkim said:
A lot of the people in Lee's latest book are identified by other names. Not sure why he did this, but the Whites were one family whose names were changed.

Maybe to protect the innocent?

Thorkim said:
A lot of the people in Lee's latest book are identified by other names. Not sure why he did this, but the Whites were one family whose names were changed. Lucas=White in this respect. Hope that explains it. I don't have the book in front of me, but I know there is an explanation on this and there are more name changes in this chapter.
Then shouldn't he have a message saying the names of the people in this book will be altered for their protection or something? I got really confused when I saw this. I was like there is a whole other family involved? NO wonder this case was never solved..they can't even get all the families right :rolleyes:

sissi said:
IMO the book is pure fiction, where DID he get his "rendition" of the Ramsey case?
Then he'd get sued for that reason and in that case..why not reveal everyones names? BTW just a question...why can't we post numerous posts within a minute?

Don't have my book with me, but aren't there asterisks beside the fictional names in the beginning of each use?

Yes there are Nehemiah. I checked my book last night. I also skimmed through to try & find anything from Lee indicating the astericks indicated another name for the individuals, but could not find anything. Since I am familiar with the case, I knew right away that the Lucases were actually the Whites. Prior to buying the book, I read BobC's review and he said there were lots of names changed, so I knew this was the case before I got the book.

Nehemiah said:
Don't have my book with me, but aren't there asterisks beside the fictional names in the beginning of each use?

----<><I donut have Dr. Lee's book. With his 'inside' connections, what would be his 'need' or motive if you prefer, to write a book on the case? OOPS, just came to me to 'make $$$$$$$$$'.

Yep probably donut want to get sued. On the other hand, perhaps if HE were sued, he could nail em, whomever 'em' is.

Most likely to protect the 'innocent' in his personal perception of the standard and known crowd of suspects.

Thorkim said:
Yes there are Nehemiah. I checked my book last night. I also skimmed through to try & find anything from Lee indicating the astericks indicated another name for the individuals, but could not find anything. Since I am familiar with the case, I knew right away that the Lucases were actually the Whites. Prior to buying the book, I read BobC's review and he said there were lots of names changed, so I knew this was the case before I got the book.
Yes I realized that too but I at first got confused and thought I missed something. What I am now wondering is why he iddn't specify the names with asterisks were changed :waitasec:

ManInTheBox said:
Yes I realized that too but I at first got confused and thought I missed something. What I am now wondering is why he iddn't specify the names with asterisks were changed :waitasec:

--------------Well another 'duh' for Dr. Lee the publisher and or editor. IF there is an asterisk, there should have been a corresponding one to notate what the first one was for.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbi708
Back