Casey Anthony's 'failure to protect' caused Caylee's death, DCF said

tehcloser

Reaction score
After a nearly three-year investigation, DCF officials release comprehensive review of Caylee's death.

11:20 a.m. EDT, August 11, 2011

DCF officials this morning confirmed that Caylee Marie's death was the result of Casey Anthony's failure to protect her, an agency report released today shows.

"It is the conclusion of the Department of Children and Families that [Casey Anthony] failed to protect her child from harm either through her actions or lack of actions, which tragically resulted in the child's untimely death," the investigation's report states.

The nearly three-year investigation verified three allegations classified as "maltreatments," including death, failure to protect and threatened harm.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...y-anthony-dcf-report-20110811,0,1774056.story

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...y-anthony-dcf-report-20110811,0,1774056.story

------------------------------------------

Does this mean anything, or is it just part of DCF procedure? My first reaction to this article was..."uh, yeah...duh." But then I started wondering what the point of completing the report AFTER the trial is over. Does anyone have any insight into DCF process and procedure? Does this mean she will be on file as a child abuser? Also, is this in public record? I would love to read that report.

I posted a link to the report over on the twitter thread and the motion/document thread.

There is also a live DCF news conference scheduled for 1pm EST on News Channel 13.
http://www.cfnews13.com/

Will be on tv, not sure about online.

Seems like this is enough information for a civil suit to be filed... can someone else besides Caylee's Father file one? I have posted on the verified attorney post a question regarding whether or not GA and or CA can file since they were deemed to be next of kin by the courts... not that they would ...

Thanks for opening the thread! Who would have believed it would be the DCF who actually came out with a legal document that "spoke the truth" despite the verdict. It's a document without legs, meaning it will accomplish nothing, but at least it's out there - a factual finding - FINALLY!

As far as I'm concerned, it doesn't take the facts nearly far enough, but that is probably because little Caylee is dead, and it's a bit late for "protection".

Nonetheless, I like it! Okay HLN - you are starving for FKC news - let's see you pick this one up and run with it.

Why was this report not filed and this agency not part of the trial? I cannot get over the disconnect in this case. It just makes me angry.

After a nearly three-year investigation, DCF officials release comprehensive review of Caylee's death.

11:20 a.m. EDT, August 11, 2011

DCF officials this morning confirmed that Caylee Marie's death was the result of Casey Anthony's failure to protect her, an agency report released today shows.

"It is the conclusion of the Department of Children and Families that [Casey Anthony] failed to protect her child from harm either through her actions or lack of actions, which tragically resulted in the child's untimely death," the investigation's report states.

The nearly three-year investigation verified three allegations classified as "maltreatments," including death, failure to protect and threatened harm.

Not sure what the point of this was- calling what she did 'neglect' is being very generous and there aren't going to be any penalties for this 'neglect' are there?
What did it take three years for them to figure out?

Why was this report not filed and this agency not part of the trial? I cannot get over the disconnect in this case. It just makes me angry.

I agree 100% - why wait until the trial is over? Why wasn't this part of the trial and the charges brought? In my state, parents go to jail for "failure to protect." One of the best laws I've ever seen on the books. :(

Salem

ITA grandmaj!! This should have been an evidence exhibit in the trial...although I seriously doubt any of the jurors would have paid any attention to it. They weren't interested in the facts, only the fiction.

I hope they are paying attention now and realize what a HUGE mistake they made. I also hope their decision haunts them forever. Yes, I am very angry.

Not sure why this was released now. Seems like this just puts Casey's name out there again.
However, reading this, except for what was blocked out (?) just reminded me of the past three years and how this entire family tried to steer the investigation away from what LE already suspected.

It serves as a reminder of why I have such an abhorrence for anything Anthony.

Zenaida has my baby. :banghead:

I read the report, and I just have no words. It appears that the sheriff's department, ME, DCFS and SA were the only ones who truly gave a rats a$$ about Caylee. Her blood kin, not so much.

I agree 100% - why wait until the trial is over? Why wasn't this part of the trial and the charges brought? In my state, parents go to jail for "failure to protect." One of the best laws I've ever seen on the books. :(

Salem

How I wish charges will be brought.

I was reading New York Post yesterday(don't know if anyone already posted this),but George and Sindy are scouting for publishers for a book deal,and wanting to do an interview with Anderson Cooper's show for a mere $450.000.What nerve do these people have.Lots,huh?By the way,I'm new to this forum,but already know I enjoy it,just by looking it over!

Reading the DCF report and knowing the Anthony's wouldn't cooperate with DCF, nor would Casey nor would Baez allowing Casey to speak with DCF, knowing what Baez has known for such a long time regarding what happened to Caylee, has just made my blood boil all over AGAIN! :furious:

The first posted story pointed out that Cindy and George were NOT interviewed. AS REQUIRED BY LAW. But now the story has been changed to miss this point entirely. Cindy must have got Lippman on the case right away. Only Cindy gets such quick service in this case, sadly!!!

Why on earth does it take 3 years for a report like this to come out? What other children are at dire risk because an investigation into whether or not they are being neglected and not protected because the child services investigation is taking 3 yrs to complete? That's absurd.

Reading the DCF report and knowing the Anthony's wouldn't cooperate with DCF, nor would Casey nor would Baez allowing Casey to speak with DCF, knowing what Baez has known for such a long time regarding what happened to Caylee, has just made my blood boil all over AGAIN! :furious:

That's what happened to me too. I've been mostly avoiding everything Anthony, but the report link popped up on my twitter and I couldn't resist. Now I'm furious all over again.

News13 reporting that DCF withheld this report as a "courtesy" to the primary agency. Oh yeah? As a courtesy to who???

Also that this report will go on her "permanent record."

Well, maybe it'll prevent her from adopting a child from Ireland?

My blood is boiling too. :maddening:

PS...about 7 minutes to that live DCF conference.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff
Back