Possible Signs Of An Abducted Child- Please Read Carefully!

emma l

Reaction score
I found this on www.jwf.org and was so impressed I was moved to post. PLEASE READ AND THINK ABOUT THESE POSSIBLE SIGNS........
Steven Stayner and "Sharon Marshall" both displayed many of these signs of distress..........
All parents come into contact with their childrens playmates at some stage, do you recognise any of them?

Possible signs of an abducted child and what to look for-

Incomplete or unforwarded school records and attendence at many different schools.

No birth certificate and no verification of immunization shots and missing medical and dental records.

The child seems withdrawn or neglected and/or never invites friends to their home.

The child seems fearful of parent(s) or guardian(s) and law enforcement.

The child has behavioral or academic problems. They may lie frequently trying to cover up the truth about their life.

Attendance at school is often sporadic. They don't take part in any after-school activities.

Inconsistencies in names, dates of birth, addresses and past events and reluctance to give school personnel any personal or family information.

Sometimes they're confused about their real name.

Attendance at many different schools.

The child seems fearful of law enforcement.

The child may not remember the other parent.

The other parent may be listed as deceased or unknown or not listed at all on emergency information documents.

The "parent" may be overprotective and keeps very close tabs on the child's activities, friends and comments.

The child may have dyed hair or has other appearance modifications.

Trust your instincts. If you see a situation that seems suspicious, call your local law enforcement or 1-800-THE LOST.

thanks emma that is a very good find on your part. again thank you for posting jwf.org this is full of information and links.

Good list and certainly food for thought. Some of the characteristics could also indicate parental neglect, alcholism, or abuse. Or they could also indicate a few other things besides abduction.

Your list is good, but it doesn't really address inner city life and kids. Those descriptions could and would fit half the kids in inner city schools.

Many inner city parents simple move, no forwarding address, no school records. The public schools have to take these kids w/o records, and if the school sends for records and doesn't receive them, the student legally stays with no records. Sometimes the birth date is what the parent says.

Attendance is not good for many of these kids, and they are fearful of law enforcement. If kids are illegal, they often change their names, sometimes lying about their true age. They often will not produce records. Legals, especially Hmong, as part of their culture, change names.

What inner city kid doesn't do something to his/her hair? Behavior and academic problems? This is a desciption of many inner city kids. When you see the conditions under which many of these young people live (poverty, alcoholism, drugs, homeless, living in shelters), you'd be surprised they do any school work at all. For many kids the most common phone number is Disconnected or a false number because the parent is embarassed because they have no phone. And, the other parent? Many of these kids don't even know the other parent!

I'm not saying the list isn't helpful, but maybe this will give a better understanding of how easy it is to abduct a youngster and place him/her in a public school.

Trino said:
Your list is good, but it doesn't really address inner city life and kids. Those descriptions could and would fit half the kids in inner city schools.

Many inner city parents simple move, no forwarding address, no school records. The public schools have to take these kids w/o records, and if the school sends for records and doesn't receive them, the student legally stays with no records. Sometimes the birth date is what the parent says.

Attendance is not good for many of these kids, and they are fearful of law enforcement. If kids are illegal, they often change their names, sometimes lying about their true age. They often will not produce records. Legals, especially Hmong, as part of their culture, change names.

What inner city kid doesn't do something to his/her hair? Behavior and academic problems? This is a desciption of many inner city kids. When you see the conditions under which many of these young people live (poverty, alcoholism, drugs, homeless, living in shelters), you'd be surprised they do any school work at all. For many kids the most common phone number is Disconnected or a false number because the parent is embarassed because they have no phone. And, the other parent? Many of these kids don't even know the other parent!

I'm not saying the list isn't helpful, but maybe this will give a better understanding of how easy it is to abduct a youngster and place him/her in a public school.

Wow, what a shame for these kids, it really makes you appreciate the life we have. Prayers for these kids too!

This is a pretty good guide for parental abductions, but as Trino points out it doesn't apply in all cases. The teacher or other responsible adult also has to be observant and willing to intervene. In Sabrina Allen's case, a teacher did come forward last year. She saw several of the traits listed here.

In stranger abductions the child is in immediate danger and when probably never be enrolled in school again.

Its true that it could apply to many children......In fact, when I was at school a few applied to me- I moved and attended many schools, (due to my parents jobs) and I never or rarely participated in afterschool activities(as I was bullied)!!

I think the main aim of this list is to teach you to trust your instincts..............A woman apparently tried to enroll missing child Bethany Markowski in school several months after she went missing. She was unsuccesful, but Bethany is still missing..........Both Steven Stayner and "Tonya Marshall" attended school after they were abducted. I guess its a very rare situation, but it can happen.................................

Bump! Read this thread if you haven't already please...........

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelKeell
Back