LA - Jori Lirette, 7, found decapitated, Thibodaux, 14 Aug 2011 *Insanity*

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
Another horrible murder of a child by a live-in bf. :furious: A motorist spotted the poor child's head on the side of the road!!

THIBODAUX, La. – Police are investigating a gruesome homicide involving a 7-year-old boy whose decapitated body was found near the road outside his home in Thibodaux, police said. The 30-year-old live-in boyfriend of the victim's mother is the suspect and had confessed to the crime, according to police.
http://www.wwltv.com/news/local/Thi...icide-involving-7-year-old-boy-127686728.html

The article says it's still unclear when the murder occurred. It also says the decapitation took place over the kitchen sink.

OMG Bessie! That child was disabled!

The victim is identified as Jori Lirette, a special needs child who police said had cerebral palsy.

The death penalty is too good for this monster....

Oh dear Jesus what is happening to us? What have we become?

bilde

Rest in peace, Jori Lirette. I am so, so sorry this happened to you. So sorry. You poor, poor baby.

Police have identified the victim as Jori Lirette, a little boy who suffered from cerebral palsy and was wheelchair-bound.

http://www.wwl.com/Police--Man-murdered-and-dismembered-disabled-chil/10625967

He was an innocent 7 year old boy with cerebal palsy confined to a wheelchair!!!

WTH! I am sickened and furious.

That poor darling couldn't even run away from this monster!!

I am heartbroken.

The story's been updated. The child's head was on the sidewalk near a trash bag that contained the rest of his body. It seems the mother wasn't home when the crime took place. She arrived on the scene while LE was there and had to be hospitalized when she learned the news. Poor woman.

Police said Lirette's mother wasn't home when they arrived. But authorities said she was so grief-stricken when she got to the scene, she had to be hospitalized. Police plan to question her soon, and have been questioning other family members throughout the day.
"We are not ruling out anyone else, and we are questioning anybody that may have been involved in this incident," said Cooks.
Photos and Video at the link
http://www.wwltv.com/news/local/Thi...icide-involving-7-year-old-boy-127686728.html

I just saw this on my local news. Horrible!

There is so much Evil in this world.

There's a FB site that lists perps arrested in Acadiana. Lots of comments there. Nothing revealing, though, mainly the reactions of outraged people. And I have to admit, I'm tempted to post, myself.

http://www.facebook.com/BustedInAcadiana

I'm curious about his past, so I poked around and found an article about a National Guard hurricane preparedness exercise. One of the guardsmen pictured in a flat boat has the same name as the perp, with Thibodaux as his hometown. His back is to the camera, but it could be him. I won't post it in case it's a different guy, but I can't help but be curious about a person who could do something so cold-blooded and not try to hide it. Just threw the poor kid's body out on the sidewalk on a Sunday afternoon. The police officer's faces tell it all. They look absolutely shell-shocked.

ETA: More details

The mother, 27-year-old Jesslyn Lirette, was out getting her pickup repaired during the decapitation, police said...

Lirette's family said Wright cut off his son's head with a meat cleaver, though police could not confirm this detail Sunday night. It is unclear when the decapitation took place, police said...

It is unclear if investigators recovered a murder weapon from the house. Police Chief Scott Silverii said more details would be available at a 2 p.m. news conference today...

Those close to the family said there was tension between the couple for years. Officers were called to the house last month, when Wright and the boy's mother were arguing over money, police said.
http://www.houmatoday.com/article/20110814/HURBLOG/110819724/1026/news01?p=3&tc=pg

The article also says some LE officers were shaken by the scene and will be offered grief counseling, as will Jori's schoolmates. :(

Just when you think you've seen the worst, something like THIS happens.

Incomprehensible evil.

Was he the child's father or just the boyfriend? I'm confused. Regardless, he deserves and will get the death penalty. Gotta love that about Louisiana. You kill a child, you will die for it.

I passed up this thread a few times because I just didn't want to know. I should have kept to the theory that "ignorance is bliss". This needs some prison justice and I hope he gets it. Putting the poor child out like the trash.
This country is in sad shape. The value of a human life is becoming less worthy by the day in our society.
He had 7 years of hardship and now he is at peace with the Lord ... IMO
Be at peace Jory.. dance with the angels.

RIP precious Jori
Evil can not touch you now...

Jori.jpg

Attachments

• Jori.jpg
    Jori.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 82
In the picture titles it says that the accused man is the boy's father.

They had only been living there a few months and it's the first murder in that town since 2008!

RIP precious Jori
Evil can not touch you now...

Jori.jpg

Thank you so much for that picture, deelytful. Jori was just precious. I always try to find and post a picture of these victims, and the only one I could find of Jori was faded. This one is beautiful. Thank you.

‘Angel' was taken away
Note: this is a 6 page news article. Lots of info

snippets:

Family members described Jori Lirette as a smart-aleck who enjoyed cherry lollipops, ice cream and chocolate-chip cookies.

Jeremiah Wright, 30, Lirette's live-in boyfriend and the father of their child

Jori loved his father "more than anything ... and he still killed him. He killed my baby," said Lirette, 27.

Friends and family of Lirette and Wright said Wright was mentally instable and had told people he was "hearing voices." Those problems may have gone untreated, those close to the family said.

For most of Jori's short life, he was confined to a wheelchair. His motor function was limited and forming words was especially difficult. Family said he became very good at getting people's attention though, be it by pulling on someone's arm or banging on a cabinet.

Jori's mother said the boy had been improving over the past two years. Doctors visits were spaced farther apart, and he was able to form words and communicate.

http://www.dailycomet.com/article/20110815/ARTICLES/110819715/1026/sitemaps05?p=2&tc=pg

Rarely have I read something that literally makes me want to throw up immediately but this...oh God, that dear little boy..
Some people do not deserve to be called human. This must be drugs or severe untreated mental illness

Thank you so much for that picture, deelytful. Jori was just precious. I always try to find and post a picture of these victims, and the only one I could find of Jori was faded. This one is beautiful. Thank you.

I know BeanE and i LOVE that you always find a beautiful pic to post that will help personalize the victim! I have to confess, I thought of you when I posted this :)
This precious baby. He is at peace now.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back