GUILTY AZ - Jacob Gibson, 6, beaten to death, Phoenix, 8 Aug 2011

BeanE

Inactive
Reaction score
Website
casesignal.wordpress.com
Boy, 6, in Critical Condition After Severe Beating by Parents, Police Say
Wed., Aug. 10 2011 at 2:20 PM

Police and paramedics raced to the home near 7100 North 19th Avenue just after 1 a.m. on Monday following reports of a hurt child. When they went inside, they found the little boy, Jacob Gibson, not breathing and racked with convulsions.

Doctors operated on the boy after he was taken to Phoenix Children's Hospital, but he remains in "extremely" critical condition "with massive brain swelling," according to a statement by police.

Marks and bruises on Jacob show he suffered a particularly brutal beating.

http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/valleyfever/2011/08/boy_6_in_critical_condition_af.php

Valley child-abuse cases brutal
Aug. 11, 2011 12:00 AM

The multiagency reporting system Montgomery lauded seemed to have been followed in the case of 6-year-old Jacob Gibson. Child Protective Services first investigated Jacob's family in 2005 and opened a case as recently as July, according to court records.

A CPS spokesman could not comment on the agency's involvement with Jacob's family.

Phoenix police were also involved in the boy's life: Officers responded to the family's apartment near 19th and Glendale avenues within the past two months to check an anonymous tip on the welfare of a child, but no one was home and police left, said a Phoenix police spokesman. Court records indicate that neighbors called CPS and police about Jacob's condition and that "in the past month, witnesses have seen Jacob with a bump on his head and two black eyes."

Neither were enough to save Jacob, who now lies unconscious in Phoenix Children's Hospital with severe brain swelling that detectives believe the boy suffered when his head was slammed into a bedroom wall.

Jacob is not expected to survive, said Phoenix police Sgt. Trent Crump, a department spokesman. Crump said there appeared to be a pattern of abuse against Jacob that included beatings with coat hangers and belt buckles and the deprivation of food as punishment.

http://www.azcentral.com/12news/new...x-child-abuse-cases-brutal.html#ixzz1V8VQ19t7

Scum.

I agree with one of the people commenting, throw them in general population, don't protect people like this. They were supposed to protect Jacob but they were the ones he needed protection from in the end. RIP little man.

Thank you so very much, justanother!

15268892_BG1.jpg

At least the neighbors tried in this case...I just dont understand why he was left there. why didn't the LE go back??

RIP sweet Jacob. What a darling... he's in Gods kind, gentle and loving arms now. I hope these monsters get what is coming to them for what they did to Jacob and NEVER get the chance to harm another innocent child- ever again!

Neighbor Tells Story of Boy's Continuing Abuse

PHOENIX - A 6-year-old boy who was brutally beaten and found clinging to life in a Phoenix apartment has been taken off life support. His parents are behind bars.

We talked to neighbors who tell us they repeatedly called Child Protective Services for help.
CPS confirms there are five prior cases involving Jacob Gibson.

We asked whether an internal investigation has been launched to make sure employees did all they could to protect this 6-year-old boy -- but they have not told us either way.

By the time Jacob Gibson got to the hospital, he was seizing -- his brain bleeding. CPS case workers noticed belt marks on his body.

http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/dpp/news/crime/neighbor-tells-story-of-boys-continuing-abuse-8-15-2011

Child Protective Services under fire after Phoenix boy dies

PHOENIX - Child Protective Services is under fire after a 6-year-old Phoenix boy died as a result of the alleged abuse from his parents.

Six-year-old Jacob Gibson was rushed to a hospital last week with brain injuries, and police announced Monday that he died over the weekend.

Police arrested his parents, Jennifer Paul and Benny Gibson, and charged them both with child abuse.

ABC15 learned last week that Child Protective Services has five open cases on the family after accusations of severe punishments and injuries including bruises and black eyes.

Read more: http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/regio...der-fire-after-phoenix-boy-dies#ixzz1WBCoYrZZ

As always--I'd like to know "why" . What could such a sweet looking little kid do that would make his parents think he deserved this? The parents look like big people--big bullies. I wonder how many times larger they were than Jacob in height and weight, yet they beat on this little guy? Demented bullies.

I'm hugging my little two year old great-grandson right now and just crying for this poor little child. His little picture shows a beautiful little boy. I wish his parents would have known what an important gift from God he was, I wish they would have loved him like they should have.

Jacob Gibson, 6, Dies From Beating by Parents, Police Say; Belt Buckle and Wire Hanger Used Against Kid

Police report this morning that 6-year-old Jacob Gibson died on Sunday, not quite a week after the horrific beating he received at the hands of his parents.

Benny Gibson, 49, and his wife, Jennifer Edna Paul, 37, remain in jail -- now suspected of killing, as opposed to merely brutalizing, their little boy.

As we reported on Wednesday, this family had been on the radar of Child Protective Services since 2005 with both Jacob and a younger child, Velladine, taken from the home -- and later returned -- at different times.

http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/valleyfever/2011/08/jacob_gibson_6_dies_from_beati.php

That photo of the father even scares me. How terrified poor little Jacob must have been. :(

When will CPS realize, that 5 calls to report abuse, is an eventual death sentence for these children. Both of these biological donors look hard and mean. What a life this poor baby had. No wonder he wet his pants!!

The laws need to change. Parents should have to PROVE themselves worthy to get their children returned to them, after they are removed from their care! They should also be removed AS SOON as another allegation surfaces.

TWA sweet boy!!!^j^

I just posted on the other thread, but I too blame both the biological donors (sorry, wont call them parents), and CPS.

The children had been removed once prior. WHY were they given back? Didn't CPS realize, that after taking the children, giving them back and leaving them in the care of those monsters, that they were in fact signing a death warrant?? I am sure these monsters thought they were above the law, immune from prosecution, with FIVE cases against them and no recourse!

TWA sweet boy!!^j^

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam