SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
earls_susan.jpg

Susan Elaine Earls

Endangered Missing from Orlando, Florida since October 21, 1977

Age: 18 -- Height: 4'11" -- Weight: 130 pounds -- Hair Color: Brown -- Eye Color: Blue

Susan's ears are pierced.

Susan was last seen in Orlando, Florida on October 21, 1977. She has never been heard from again. Foul play is suspected.

NamUs

FDLE

Charley Project

Thinking of Susan, it's almost 34 years since she went missing.

According to Charley Project, Susan's boyfriend witnessed her getting into a van outside a convenience store. So, presumably, the two had gone to the store together. Why would Susan then leave with someone else? Did the two have an argument there? Or was there something else going on?

Did she know the van driver, or did she just take off with whoever was there and agreed to give her a ride?

Next month will be the 40th anniversary of the disappearance of Susan Earls.

The latest news clipping I could find dates back to 1992

Susan Earls was 18 years old when she was last seen getting into a white van outside a convenience store on Forest City Road.

That was 1977, and investigators hold little hope that they will ever find the missing woman alive.

Earls lived with her mother and three younger brothers and sisters in north Orange County.

Friends say Earls had never been in any trouble.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/1992-03-15/news/9203120181_1_crimeline-earls-bishop

I already submitted a Jane Doe that had similar clothing as Susan when found. It's gonna take awhile to get results.

Next month will be the 40th anniversary of the disappearance of Susan Earls.

The latest news clipping I could find dates back to 1992

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/1992-03-15/news/9203120181_1_crimeline-earls-bishop

I already submitted a Jane Doe that had similar clothing as Susan when found. It's gonna take awhile to get results.

Do you have a link to the namus or doe network pages of JD you submitted? There are so many unidentified white females in Florida from the 70's and 80's.

Do you have a link to the namus or doe network pages of JD you submitted? There are so many unidentified white females in Florida from the 70's and 80's.

(NamUsUP #1276) https://identifyus.org/en/cases/1276 NO Rule outs yet.

Like I explained to the manager:

Why do I think they're a match?

- When Susan went missing she had a LSW GAUCHO TYPE BLUE JEAN/ORANGE SHIRT AND WHITE (Quoting her namus report) this jane doe had A blue and orange stripped long sleeve shirt anda 32-36 "Maidenform" bra.
which the Color of shirt has ALSO been described as green and orange.

- The Jane doe was found in 1982, but she could've died earlier since she was decomposing already. Susan only went missing in 1977.

-Susan was 18 years old when she went missing. Jane doe had a maximum estimated age of 20. (Same age range)

- Jane doe was found floating in a canal in 70000 NW 16th Terrace in Broward county. Susan went missing from Forest City last seen getting into a van towards Lake Road which is almost a straight route into terrace. (3 hour drive... according to google maps)

- Similar face/nose structure.

I do think they look similar. The casting recreation of JD has a very upturned nose, which I don't see in Susan, but the probably newer sketches, it doesn't look at pronounced.

There are some rule outs that I see, but none are Susan.

JD has an estimated death of two weeks before she was found in 1982. It could be off, it could be Susan was alive/held onto for a few years, so it doesn't rule anything out, but interesting to know..

Some things that would be nice to know to help match: if JD had pierced ears and if Susan had any type of back injury. JD has a 'healed healed fracture in one vertebrae in the back'. Not sure what kind of injury that might be.

The problem is that Susan does not have any dentals, DNA or fingerprints entered, so it might be difficult to match.

I do think they look similar. The casting recreation of JD has a very upturned nose, which I don't see in Susan, but the probably newer sketches, it doesn't look at pronounced.

There are some rule outs that I see, but none are Susan.

JD has an estimated death of two weeks before she was found in 1982. It could be off, it could be Susan was alive/held onto for a few years, so it doesn't rule anything out, but interesting to know..

Some things that would be nice to know to help match: if JD had pierced ears and if Susan had any type of back injury. JD has a 'healed healed fracture in one vertebrae in the back'. Not sure what kind of injury that might be.

The problem is that Susan does not have any dentals, DNA or fingerprints entered, so it might be difficult to match.

Yeah, it's gonna take a long time to rule this one out due to the lack of DNA. I'm still hopeful

FL – Susan Elaine Earls, W/F, 18, Orlando/Lockhart, Orange Co, 21 Oct 1977

Susan Elaine Earls

1974.JPG 1976.JPG Susan.JPG
1974*1976*197?

Missing From: Orlando/Lockhart, Orange County, Florida

Physical/Clothing/Medical
Race:
White
Sex: Female
DOB: 11/27/58
Height: 4’9”-4’11” (57”-59”)
Weight: 130 lbs.
Hair: Brown, shoulder length, wavy
Eye Color: Blue
Clothing: Blue denim gauchos, orange and white shirt, brown shoulder bag purse, sandals
Jewelry:
Characteristics
/Medical/Scars: Pierced ears,
Transportation:
Fingerprint Status
: Not Available
Dental Status: Not Available
DNA Status: Not Available

Circumstances:
Susan was last seen shortly after midnight Friday October 21st, 1977 at Forest City Road and Lake Road outside a convenience store. She was seen by her boyfriend getting into a white van that sped away into the right turning lane on Forest City Road heading east towards Eatonville on Lake Road.

The boyfriend stated he does not know why she got into the vehicle.

LE ruled out any chance that Susan ran away from home because of what her friends and family had told them.

The niece posted a petition in 2016 to keep Susan’s case alive, within her posts she mentioned that there were variations of the disappearance of Susan. In reviewing courts records neither of the individuals mentioned appear to be stellar upstanding pillars of the community.

Investigating Agencies:
Orange County Sheriff’s Office
2500 West Colonial Drive
Orlando, FL 32804
Tele: 407.254.7012
MP Case # 77085151
Web: Orange County Sheriff's Office

Information Sources:
NAMUS
MP Case # 3136: Missing Person Case
Case Manager: Carrie Sutherland
Tele: 817.202.5931
E-Mail: Carrie.Sutherland@unthsc.edu
The Doe Network 3227FFL - The Doe Network: Susan Elaine Earls - 3227DFFL
The Charley Project - Susan Elaine Earls – The Charley Project

News
11/30/1977 – The Orlando Sentinel
03/15/1992 – The Orlando Sentinel
2016 – Change.org - #FindSusanEarls - Sign the Petition

I recall that I submitted a Jane Doe for this case a few weeks before being hit by Hurricane Maria. I can't see the rules out on the Jane Doe anymore.

I recall that I submitted a Jane Doe for this case a few weeks before being hit by Hurricane Maria. I can't see the rules out on the Jane Doe anymore.

There were (3) rule outs (2) were UID's in VA and from all accounts are a systematic issue within NAMUS as that they have appeared on nearly every MP in NAMUS I've looked at recently. The third is UID OH Belle in the Well UP6259, I'm not sure how NAmUS could compare Susan to any UID's as that she does not any identifiers unless they were able to obtain but have not made it visible pubilicly.

There were (3) rule outs (2) were UID's in VA and from all accounts are a systematic issue within NAMUS as that they have appeared on nearly every MP in NAMUS I've looked at recently. The third is UID OH Belle in the Well UP6259, I'm not sure how NAmUS could compare Susan to any UID's as that she does not any identifiers unless they were able to obtain but have not made it visible pubilicly.

I submitted NamUsUP #1276 but I can't see the rules out list anymore.

Is it possible that Susan could be UP1211? There are some resemblances, and I haven't seen Susan on the R/O list for UP1211, but the time between Susan's DOLC and UID's discovery is pretty long (although, UID was skeletal remains and I haven't seen a real estimate for years of death)

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Attachments

• Comparison - Susan Earls UP1211.jpg
    Comparison - Susan Earls UP1211.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 7
I am also a family member of Susan's. I appreciate all of you keeping the search for Susan alive. The circumstances are suspicious indeed. Susan's boyfriend saw her get into an unknown van late at night and did not question who it was? To be honest, our family strongly suspects the boyfriend who has led a life of petty crime since this incident. Though I do not necessarily think it is related, Susan was raped about a year prior to her going missing but I cannot find those records. A report was referenced in the missing case files. The 13 pages that I got from my Orange County records request also indicated that they have Susan's DNA, and her siblings have provided samples I'm the past few years. When I talked to the sheriff on the case 2 years ago I could tell had no details on the case. The County is so big and this is from so long ago that I do not blame him.

See the records in my fb post here

I am also a family member of Susan's. I appreciate all of you keeping the search for Susan alive. The circumstances are suspicious indeed. Susan's boyfriend saw her get into an unknown van late at night and did not question who it was? To be honest, our family strongly suspects the boyfriend who has led a life of petty crime since this incident. Though I do not necessarily think it is related, Susan was raped about a year prior to her going missing but I cannot find those records. A report was referenced in the missing case files. The 13 pages that I got from my Orange County records request also indicated that they have Susan's DNA, and her siblings have provided samples I'm the past few years. When I talked to the sheriff on the case 2 years ago I could tell had no details on the case. The County is so big and this is from so long ago that I do not blame him.

I would also like to note that in speaking to her sister, the family was very close and Susan is not a suspected runaway.

Bumping for Susan. Hoping for a tip or new leads to surface. Maybe a new campaign with a run in the local media in Orlando and new flyers to bring her case back to life.

4 Unidentified Person Exclusions

1689685113544.jpeg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998