FL - Bill Kamal for soliciting underage sex online, Fort Pierce, 2004

lisad71

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
South Florida television personality Bill Kamal was arrested in Fort Pierce Sunday as part of a federal investigation of alleged sexual predator activity, according to law enforcement officials.

The popular chief meteorologist for the WSVN-Fox affiliate is accused of arranging to have sex with a minor, sources said.

Kamal, 47, of Miami Beach was arrested in Florida's Treasure Coast at around 1 p.m., when he showed up for a scheduled meeting that he had arranged via the Internet with an underage person.

Instead, he was met by a detective who arrested him, a source said. At last check, Kamal was being held at St. Lucie County Jail on state *advertiser censored* charges. He is expected to make his first appearance on separate federal charges in U.S. court today.

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/news/local/10007277.htm

When it rains it pours! I would love to have seen this guys face when he met the detective instead of the underage sex partner he expected.

I wonder what his station will say about it? :eek:

Casshew said:
When it rains it pours! I would love to have seen this guys face when he met the detective instead of the underage sex partner he expected.

I wonder what his station will say about it? :eek:
They fired him this morning. The station just said that they had no other choice.

This isn't the first time something like this happened. Before he came to Miami he was in the DC market when I lived up there and he had gotten busted by the Nat'l Park Police for getting frisky with another guy in a parked car. He was never charged, but he left WUSA 9 in DC shortly thereafter.

Some people will never learn.

lisad71 said:
Thought I'd resurrect this thread since Local 10 News in Miami is doing a five part interview with Bill Kamal.

I was almost feeling bad for him until I read the full text of the appeal letter that he wrote to Judge Moore. It was absolutely insulting.

http://www.local10.com/news/4465912/detail.html

Whoa ... someone packed way too many fruit loops in that box! :loser:

An article in The Orlando Sentinel in 2008 says a facility kicked this guy loose to go to a halfway house in Philadelphia.

He was ordered to pay a fine and essentially if my math is right did three years? There are sites asking what happened to him. I want to know if he was required for the RSO list.

An article in The Orlando Sentinel in 2008 says a facility kicked this guy loose to go to a halfway house in Philadelphia.

He was ordered to pay a fine and essentially if my math is right did three years? There are sites asking what happened to him. I want to know if he was required for the RSO list.

Fired weatherman gets out of prison
Snips:
Published 12/12/2008
A former South Florida TV weatherman whose high-visibility career was ruined by an Internet sex sting four years ago has been released from federal prison, government records show.

Bill Kamal, 51, was recently moved from a facility in Massachusetts to a halfway-house program in Philadelphia, according to the Web site run by the U.S. Bureau of Prisons.

Thanks Dear Payroll!

Well he is not an RSO. Did his time so that's that. However he was interviewed while still in lockup. It's a site called Inmate Aid and he is full of BS. Happened to find a chat room where dad wants son/son wants dad. Found it interesting blah, blah, blah! Come on dude!

Well no TV for him.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10
Back