Possible lead in Susan Powell case, 8-18-11

Jubble

Reaction score
http://www.deseretnews.com/article/705389385/Possible-lead-in-Susan-Powell-missing-persons-case.html

WEST VALLEY CITY — West Valley Police on Thursday morning announced a possible lead in the investigation into missing West Valley mother Susan Powell who disappeared more than a year ago.

"A team of West Valley Police Department detectives will arrive in Ely, Nev., and its surrounding area, to conduct a search and investigate the information received," according to a statement from West Valley police.

West Valley Police on Thursday morning announced a possible lead in the investigation into missing West Valley mother Susan Powell who disappeared more than a year ago.

"A team of West Valley Police Department detectives will arrive in Ely, Nev. and its surrounding area, to conduct a search and investigate the information received," according to a statement from West Valley police.

More at link:
http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=16858047

A possibly big break developed early Thursday in the 20-month-old case of Susan Powell, missing under suspicious circumstances since December 2009, from her West Valley City home.
West Valley Police Sgt. Mike Powell said detectives had “received information in relation to the ongoing investigation” coming out of the Ely, Nev., area.
He did not specify what that information was, nor would confirm whether Susan Powell, 28, had been found alive or dead.

More at link:
http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/52411571-78/powell-susan-information-police.html.csp

sounds promising, whatever it is ...

hopefully it leads to an arrest

Good news to hear this new lead. I get a kick out of the comment on the SLT article...
from poster '11000'
"lace up your running shoes josh"

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/52411571-78/powell-information-valley-west.html.csp

If JP was in or around Ely NV on December 7th - he 'mislead' investigators, and will be getting paid a visit by Sheriff's and hopefully be read his Miranda rights. Get the attorney on speed dial Josh! :woohoo:

This "breaking news alert" is a big deal here in Utah. The breaking news alerts have been scrolling on the bottom of all local TV stations, on my Facebook news feed, etc. all morning.

I'm really hoping this turns out to be a break in the case, and not another dead end.

So what does this mean?
Deseret News says "possible lead"
Tribune says "break" or "big break" (depending on the version)

All we know, is that LE (themselves) is going to search on Friday.

Ely NV is where you end up, if you drive 4 hours out of the SLC area through "Pony Express" areas and stayed on paved roads OR if you drive west on I-80 and take US-93 south at the Nevada border.

This "breaking news alert" is a big deal here in Utah. The breaking news alerts have been scrolling on the bottom of all local TV stations, on my Facebook news feed, etc. all morning.

I'm really hoping this turns out to be a break in the case, and not another dead end.

I'm taking this one seriously.

I believe something's been found, connected to the case (partial human remains?) and they're going out there to search for more.
We recently learned (via another case) that Nevada sends UID remains to the University of Texas, where students work to identify the remains. Since it can take 6-8 months, it's possible that these remains were found quite awhile ago.

What else would lead to such a search?
A confession? GPS? Receipts?

So what does this mean?
Deseret News says "possible lead"
Tribune says "break" or "big break" (depending on the version)

All we know, is that LE (themselves) is going to search on Friday.

Ely NV is where you end up, if you drive 4 hours out of the SLC area through "Pony Express" areas and stayed on paved roads OR if you drive west on I-80 and take US-93 south at the Nevada border.

I'm hoping that the fact WVC LE made this announcement after so much silence means this is a solid lead.

OT-glad to see you!

I'm taking this one seriously.

I believe something's been found, connected to the case (partial human remains?) and they're going out there to search for more.
We recently learned (via another case) that Nevada sends UID remains to the University of Texas, where students work to identify the remains. Since it can take 6-8 months, it's possible that these remains were found quite awhile ago.

What else would lead to such a search?
A confession? GPS? Receipts?

Good point! Also - wanted to also throw this out. Was reminded of a post on FB - a person posted on the OLD Friends and Family of SP page - Link: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=198478842187 - that she saw JP at a HOTEL on that day he said he was camping. She had told Police - and had not heard back. Posters got her in contact with SP's dad about this new lead. That was a couple weeks ago. Maybe it was the hotel lead they got, and it was in Ely, NV? If JP was AT the hotel, and not Pony Express (which as we all know was obviously a lie) then JP best be getting prepared to start answering questions and may be soon visiting the gray bar hotel.

Saying a prayer for Susan and her family at this time! My fingers are crossed!

wm

I can only pray that what ever this break in the case is, that it ends the torture that the Cox family has endured over the last 20 months. I know it won't end it completely, but at least they will be able to give Susan the proper memorial that she deserves. No one has the right to discard another person's loved one like they meant nothing.

I wish we had even a hint of what's been found.

Praying for a miracle.

fran

Remind me how many miles he had put on his rental car? I vaguely remember it being 250, which wouldn't be enough to get to Ely. But I could have that mistaken.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redeworker
Back