NY NY - Herbert Gleason, 1925

I'm sorry, I don't understand how someone who clearly and purposefully (per Wikipedia) abandoned his family is a missing person? Was a police report filed? Did they suspect he later met with foul play? Is there anything else in the media that goes into a search for him?

OT but Jackie Gleason was so attractive when he was young (at least as to my tastes in men lol).

You know my Great-Grandfather walked out on my Great-Grandmother and 2 yr old Grandmother in 1924 saying he was going to the corner to buy a pack of cigs.

They never saw him again and my Great-Grandmother had to have him delcared legally dead in order to remarry after 7 years.

I'll have a look and see if I can find anything on Jackie's dad. (I tracked my Great-Grandfather in 2000. I located his Son. The son he had by the woman he married and moved out to CA with ~ making him a bigamist by the way, and was living there in the 1930's when the census was done. My GG died in Las Vegas NV in a motel room with a much younger woman....'nuff said about that).

People who walk out of their lives always have intrigued me because of that. JMHO

Herbert Walton Gleason
BIRTH
15 Jan 1883
New York, New York County (Manhattan), New York, USA
DEATH May 1964 (aged 81)
New York, USA
BURIAL Unknown

He was the father of entertainer Jackie Gleason. He abandoned his family when Jackie was a boy, and never made contact with him until many years later, when he sent Jackie (by then a famous TV personality) a letter. All the time he had lived only an hour away from Jackie and his mother.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FrnkKrcher
Back