Britons Want Homer Simpson as U.S. President

Casshew

Former Member
Reaction score
LONDON (Reuters) - [size=-1] Doughnut-chomping, beer-guzzling Homer Simpson may not be the model father but he has won the hearts of British TV fans who want the nuclear power plant worker to be the next U.S. president.

[/size]
[size=-1]Former president George Bush notoriously said American families should be "closer to the Waltons than the Simpsons" but Homer was overwhelming favorite in a Radio Times magazine poll on which U.S. TV character should take over at the White House. [/size]

[size=-1] As Americans ponder tax and security pledges from President Bush and Democratic rival John Kerry ahead of the November 2 poll, television fans have been considering Homer slogans such as "No big government, just big waist sizes." [/size]

[size=-1]In a manifesto compiled for the magazine by The Simpsons' writing staff, the bumbling animated TV hero also pledges: "I promise there will be fewer nuclear disasters with me as your mayor than with me as your nuclear safety inspector." [/size]

[size=-1] Homer got 24 percent of the vote in the poll of more than 2,000 readers. Second place went to the more obvious choice of Josiah Bartlet, the president played by Martin Sheen in "The West Wing." [/size]

Full Story

Gil Grissom in fifth place? He's far too "by-the-book", not empathic enough, and he can be very inconsiderate (leaving his experiments in the lounge fridge). A far better choice would have been Sara Sidle.

As for Homer, some might argue that he would be a step up... :p

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hoist Gracie