Rebecca Nalepa - suicide or murder? #7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salem

Former Member
Reaction score
Please continue here.

Here is a link to the rules and tips on dealing with your fellow posters. Please take a moment to look the rules over. We have a lot of newbies here.

The Rules - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

ALSO - please remember, we do NOT sleuth minors, we do NOT post identifying information about minors, we do NOT name minors.

If a minor is a victim or has been publically named by LE as a perp, then their name may be used. In this particular case, the ONLY minor that may be identified by name is Max, because he was a victim. ALL other minors are OFF THE TABLE.

This is a strict rule and your cooperation is appreciated.

Thanks,

Salem

ETA: Further explanation on minor names. Even when quoting from MSM or other sources, if the minor is not the victim or the perp, we change the name to initials. We do NOT quote the name of the minor. This is to protect the minor. Please keep that in mind. Try to put yourself in the shoes of the parent of that minor. What would you think if your child's name was splattered all over the web.

Thanks Guys!

Thread 6

Reposted - previous thread closed:

Oh look - here's an ABC "suicide" theory article posted late last evening:

8/21 PD: 'Mansion mystery' in Coronado may have been suicide

The bizarre death investigation at a Coronado, Calif. mansion may be getting a little clearer.

A police detective says suicide is looking more likely ...

... guilt may have led her to do it.

Police say it's unusual for a woman to commit suicide, especially nude and out in the open.

But they say [RN] often slept nude and her feet were not tied. [Yep - that's exactly how it is written!]

http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/nation...e-been-suicide

The bizarre death investigation at a Coronado, Calif. mansion may be getting a little clearer.

Police say it's unusual for a woman to commit suicide, especially nude and out in the open.

But they say [RN] often slept nude and her feet were not tied. [Yep - that's exactly how it is written!]

:seeya: You are so good Quester, you must be psychic! Why am I not surprised though?

:seeya: You are so good Quester, you must be psychic! Why am I not surprised though?

We've gone to the point where it is now claimed her feet were not bound. Clear cut suicide, don't you know?

We've gone to the point where it is now claimed her feet were not bound. Clear cut suicide, don't you know?
How do they report that when the pictures show clearly they were bound and Captain Curran said that they were in the presser? This is major propaganda imo

I think that article did even better than Quester could ever hope for. I guess "sources with knowledge" of the investigation aren't good enough, the article seem to attribute the whole suicide theory to this retired police detective as if he was one leading the investigation. When in fact the retired police detective seem to be questioning the whole suicide theory because her feet were bound.

How do they report that when the pictures show clearly they were bound and Captain Curran said that they were in the presser? This is major propaganda imo

The retired detective questioned as to why she would bind her feet. So how would one deal with it? Why indeed would she bind her feet? It doesn't make much sense. Let's just simply say here feet were not bound! There. Problem solved.
:floorlaugh:

Police say it's unusual for a woman to commit suicide, especially nude and out

in the open.

http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/nation...e-
been-suicide

:goodpost:
This is post # 633 thread #6. (Also,do not miss rereading Quester's post # 632)
It is spot on. Time responding to Quester's post
:
Ok Quester I looked it up

Quote:
While it’s unusual for a woman to commit suicide while naked and out in the open, sources said Zahau slept in the nude.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/44214448...-san_diego_ca/

Next thing maybe they will claim she slept naked out on the balcony.

My rearrangements: "While it’s unusual for a woman to commit suicide out in the open, sources said Zahau slept in the nude." or "While it’s unusual for a woman to sleep naked, sources said Zahau additionally commited suicide while naked and out in the open."

An original article for comparison. Detective is retired, the info that it is likely suicide is not coming from him, and he seems to question that it is suicide because her feet were bound. How all of this gets twisted into the article posted by Quester? The mind boggles.
http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/Coronado-Mansion-Mystery-a-Suicide-Source-128124368.html

Here we go...........

The ABC article is a 'rewrite' of the NBC article :banghead::banghead: with possible misinformation (feet bound/not bound)

This is really, really bad reporting.....not checking initial reports from LE

This is leaning///////getting public prepared for suicide :banghead:

Did I miss something.....is one of the 'witnesses' in a mental health facility?

Here we go...........

The ABC article is a 'rewrite' of the NBC article :banghead::banghead: with possible misinformation (feet bound/not bound)
[/B]

Yes, it is a re-write and the original article gets twisted to make it a clear cut suicide. And if I were that retired police detective I would really question as to why the article makes it appear as if he is the one involved in the investigation and seem to attribute the suicide theory to him.

O/T

I must say that last evening here at WS was a fascinating, spirited discussion and I want to thank all of you for your passionate posts!

At times like last evening, WS feels like a large focus group that is being queried by a PR Firm to test out their strategies. [However, don’t expect a check in the mail!]

Can’t wait to see what the next move is and how these cases unfold – and, hopefully it will be in the direction of truth and justice!

This is post # 633 thread #6. (Also do not miss rereading Quester's post # 632)
:

and to add to that:

Originally Posted by jstwondering
or
"While it’s unusual for a woman to commit suicide while naked and out in the open, sources said Zahau often went outside".

We should all get the meme. It's very unusual for a woman to kill herself while naked, outside, and with hands and feet bound. But in her case it's not so unusual because she slept in the nude! No doubt she also took a shower in the nude! See, it makes perfect sense for her to hang herself in the nude because she did all these other things in the nude! And feet? Who said the feet were bound? And she obviously felt so guilty, so that's why she killed herself. Nothing to see here. Move along.

This is post # 633 thread #6. (Also,do not miss rereading Quester's post # 632)
:

Oh, good grief.... now her feet were NOT bound. You did NOT see those pictures. Oh, you mean THOSE pictures, well, uhmmm. Ok, we have just learned from sources that used to be official, "She slept naked with her feet bound"

Honestly folks, you know what is coming next. Her feet were bound but not together.

Everybody say it together now:

If the feets were not tied, you must be settin’ this case aside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer