GUILTY CT - Pediatrician Dr. Todd Parrilla arrested for distribution of child *advertiser censored*

Missizzy

Reaction score
http://www.wtnh.com/dpp/news/crime/pediatrician-charged-with-child-*advertiser censored*

Pediatrician charged with child *advertiser censored*
August 23, 2011

"A Southeastern Connecticut pediatrician was arrested on federal child *advertiser censored* charges. Todd Parrilla, 47, of Stonington, was arrested on August 23 by members of the Connecticut Computer Crimes Task Force and charged in a federal criminal complaint with possession, receipt and distribution of child *advertiser censored*...."

and

"...Parrilla is currently employed as a pediatrician in Pawcatuck, Connecticut. Parrilla was arrested following the execution of a search and seizure warrant at his residence. Police seized several computer-related components, including three detachable hard drives, and a bag containing more than one hundred printed images of what appears to be child *advertiser censored*...."

more at link

A nice, fun, funny man with curious key fobs and a number of young male relatives and children of friends who fit his target profile.

http://www.theday.com/article/20110824/NWS02/308249938

Feds say Parrilla admits to trading obscene materials for five years

"...According to a criminal complaint prepared by Special Agent James J. Wines of the FBI, [Todd M.] Parrilla, 47, who lives alone, admitted to agents that he has been involved in trading child *advertiser censored* for about five years and is sexually aroused by the images...."

and

"...The document indicates that federal agents targeted him after a law enforcement officer in Kansas City, Mo., acting in an undercover capacity, logged into a publicly available Internet file-sharing program and downloaded 104 images of child *advertiser censored* from a shared directory maintained by Parrilla. The sexually explicit images were of adolescent white males...."

and

"....Parrilla, who is a doctor of osteopathic medicine, or a D.O. rather than an M.D., has been practicing for 20 years...."

and

"...the government is concerned, because of Parrilla's occupation, about key fobs seized from Parrilla that could be used for surreptitiously recording images...."

and

"...A Pawcatuck woman whose teenage son has been a patient of Parrilla for about five years said Tuesday that Parrilla is a "great doctor and a nice man." "I think anyone who hears this is going to be really surprised and sad. He's a great guy, a very nice, fun, funny man..."

More at link

It almost sounds like a done deal that this guy is going to walk out on bail. Did they not learn from Dr. Emilio Luna? So exactly how does one use a key fob to record? It's not something typically sticking out of your pocket, is it? Did he give it to the babies to hold?

My children have never been to a doctor without me being in the room with them. I wonder how he got the children alone to photograph them.

Spurser--I don't see a charge of production, "just" trading at this point. I'm very hopeful that he didn't harm any of the children who he saw professionally.

I found it a bit strange that the news sources all say that the child *advertiser censored* was of "adolescent white boys". Is that so patients' families and his own family can either calm down or be more alarmed? I can't remember a time when child *advertiser censored* victim's race was mentioned--at least not in the initial reports. Maybe that fact was gleaned from the Probable Cause....which I have yet to find.

I fully understand parents' goal to stay with their children at all times but there are times when that's just not possible. A psych eval which occurs at school, certain medical tests, therapy, etc. And we can't forget that former Dr. Earl Bradley abused his patients with their parents right in the room, blocking their view of the little girls' genitals as he used his pen camera to record his abuse. Pedophiles are crafty at what they do.

Concerning this guy, I'm very very concerned about a few young relatives.

As a parent who knows this DR, it was a SHOCK! He was out Pedi for 11 years, until we moved. We always felt comfortable. He never showed signs of inappropriate behavior with my kids, he was always very professional and fun with the kids. Yes, his office is very DISNEY, I always looked at it as making going to the DRs fun. The kids would have a ball playing with the animated pictures in the hall, He had video games, a train that ran from the ceiling, and his staff was a great group of ladies. It's so sad to read this. :( Breaks my heart. My oldest who is a teenager now said "I don't care what the news says, I think he was framed" It hurts seeing something like this as front page news. It's harder when you actually knew the individual. I too hope that nothing physical happened. It's still doesn't look good with all the other allegations. :( I wish the best to all of those who are affected by this situation.

Welcome Infomama and so sorry it had to be under these circumstances. If you've done any reading about Dr. Earl Bradley of Delaware, he was really into the fancy toys too. He was just found guilty of over 500 brutal rapes of his young patients (and filming the rapes with a pen camera) while their parents were at the front desk. A very sick and crafty man.

Sadly, I don't think this man was framed. He's admitted to the charges. This is a perfect opportunity to talk to your son about how people can surprise us by their secrets. It's very hard on children to make sense of things like this but it is part of life. And hard as it may be, we have to accept the reality that people can be duplicitous. They might look good and seem kind but they have their own private agenda.

We have so many threads of doctors who have been caught with massive amounts of child *advertiser censored* and/or molesting their young patients. They plan these crimes for years and groom the parents and the community into believing that they are simply someone who they are not. Shame on them.

Welcome Infomama and so sorry it had to be under these circumstances. If you've done any reading about Dr. Earl Bradley of Delaware, he was really into the fancy toys too. He was just found guilty of over 500 brutal rapes of his young patients (and filming the rapes with a pen camera) while their parents were at the front desk. A very sick and crafty man.

Sadly, I don't think this man was framed. He's admitted to the charges. This is a perfect opportunity to talk to your son about how people can surprise us by their secrets. It's very hard on children to make sense of things like this but it is part of life. And hard as it may be, we have to accept the reality that people can be duplicitous. They might look good and seem kind but they have their own private agenda.

We have so many threads of doctors who have been caught with massive amounts of child *advertiser censored* and/or molesting their young patients. They plan these crimes for years and groom the parents and the community into believing that they are simply someone who they are not. Shame on them.

Hi, thanks for the reply..... my kids are all girls. I just read my post and see that I didn't mention that, thought I did. I know he admitted to it, and I tried explaining that to my oldest, but she was so upset, shocked and angry over this. It really is a sad time. I told her about it mainly because I didn't want her to hear it from school. I know she wouldn't believe another kid, and it might cause her to lash out. She's a great kid, but protective of those she's close to and /or likes. I'd like to believe he was framed, but from what I have read, it doesn't look that way. :( None of my children were never in the exam rooms alone, so I am not worried about anything. The only thing that I am worried about for them (mainly my oldest) is the emotional pain she seems to be already going thru over this. We had an issue with a 'relative' many years ago, so something that is in the same area of a 'sex crime' involving children really is hitting us hard. It's almost like we are revisiting that time in our lives, in that someone we know is now categorized as a pedophile. What we went thru with the 'relative' was horrific. (I'm being very generic to protect my families privacy in regards to that matter) Kids are not 'toys' for adults to use as they please. We as adults need to nurture, protect, love and care for them. They should always feel safe. We had tried to get back into this office last year when we returned to the area, I'm glad now that this didn't happen (due to our current medical insurance) it would have been traumatic on our entire family to have been current patients there. I feel so sad for the families involved, and the staff. The staff there are all a great bunch of women, and I hope they can all come thru this without too much hardship.

InfoMama--It's totally normal for a new revelation like this to cause us to revisit old traumas. I've come to learn that it's really a form of PTSD. Your 17 year old is doing something very natural. Before she's ready to believe the unbelievable, she's denying and rationalizing. All humans have a tendency to do that. It's very important for her to be able to voice her feelings of betrayal and then anger. My heart goes out to her as no doubt she trusted this man and the truth is painful. He betrayed her trust--many many people's trust--and the blame lies directly on him and only him.

Dr. Parrilla was released to the supervision of his parents--but to his own home. I know I sound like a broken record but why do judges do this and why do parents take on this responsibility? As if we are to believe that parents can actually (or should even be asked to) control a bright and healthy adult....one who kept a nasty secret from everyone for years. Are we to believe that Parrilla will never touch a computer or talk to a neighbor child? What happens when the parents aren't present in his home? Are we to trust that they'd risk losing the funds they provided for bail by reporting a breach of the rules? And who is liable if they somehow fail in their supervision? I honestly have never understood this practice.

http://www.theday.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2011308279954

Pediatrician in child *advertiser censored* case out on bond

"Stonington pediatrician Todd M. Parrilla, who has spent a career providing medical care for kids, is now forbidden to have contact with anyone under 18 except for his own niece and nephew. At age 47, he is once again being supervised by his parents, K and L Parrilla, of Westerly, who co-signed a $500,000 bond Friday that enabled their son to be released from federal detention. K Parrilla is a Westerly town councilor.

Parrilla, who is accused of possessing, receiving and distributing hundreds of images of child *advertiser censored*, is forbidden to use the Internet and will be confined to his home at XX Pellegrino Road except for medical and legal appointments and court appearances...."

more at link

How about church? Remember how Dr. Emilio Luna asked for permission to attend church and was never heard from again? He, too, was released to his parent's supervision. And why allow this man access to his young relatives? Don't they deserve protection too while the investigation is being completed?

With all due respect to US Magistrate Judge Thomas Smith, I take issue with the following statement made to Parrilla:

"...."Eventually, this will all be behind you," Smith said. "You're just going to have to deal with it. It's not going to be easy...."

I'm very afraid that the judge is forgetting that the victims used to make that child *advertiser censored* which Dr. Parrilla collected and traded will NEVER be able to put it "behind them". They will have to "deal with it" forever. I believe the judge should retract that very hurtful comment and apologize to all victims of child *advertiser censored*. He should know better.

I totally missed this line in the earlier article. Is this wise?

http://nhregister.com/articles/2011/08/28/news/doc4e5924c3195b9026675984.txt

Pediatrician in kid-*advertiser censored* case released on bond
August 28, 2011

"....He will be taking a leave of absence from his medical practice, but may be allowed to go to the office, after hours and with supervision, to update his patients’ medical records...."

more at link

Being that he's not seeing patients currently, what sort of updating would be necessary? I suppose he might have notes from the last day he saw patients but couldn't the other physician or Parrilla's nurses take care of that? I wouldn't think it would be a great idea for him to access to those files while the investigation is ongoing. Who knows what might be changed or what might disappear.

Not that I'm distrustful, mind you.

Another article about Parrilla's home confinement. Judge Smith says Parrilla is not a risk and that it's fine for his 70 year old parents just to spend a few hours in his home daily. No need to spend the night. They're sort of "part time custodians". They are supposed to be present if he mows the lawn or washes one of his fancy cars. That makes me feel.....just peachy. However, I can't get past the last statement:

http://www.thewesterlysun.com/news/...cle_41187578-d010-11e0-9cfe-001cc4c03286.html

"...The Pawcatuck pediatrician with a thriving business of about 4,000 patients, a trendy upscale home with an expansion underway and a love of water sports and high-end cars, was released on $500,000 non-surety bond...."

and

"...Parrilla's parents must act as his third-party custodians, visiting him at his home every day for several hours and must be with him if he ventures outside of his house to "mow the lawn" said the judge, since the electronic monitor does not work beyond a certain point...."

and

"....Eventually, this will all be behind you," [Judge] Smith said. "I've seen many cases like this; this is a legal problem. You're going to get over it...."

Since when do judges give the accused pep-talks? That happens in juvenile court--not adult court. Since when do judges refer to the collection of child *advertiser censored* as a "legal problem"? I'm not happy.

24 October 2012

David B. Fein, United States Attorney for the District of Connecticut, and Kimberly K. Mertz, Special Agent in Charge of the New Haven Division of the Federal Bureau of Investigation, announced that TODD PARRILLA, 49, of Stonington, was sentenced today by United States District Judge Vanessa L. Bryant in Hartford to 60 months of imprisonment, followed by a lifetime term of supervised release, for possessing and distributing child *advertiser censored*. PARRILLA also was ordered to pay a $10,000 fine. PARRILLA is a doctor who formerly operated a pediatric practice in southeastern Connecticut.
https://archives.fbi.gov/archives/n...son-on-child-*advertiser censored*-conviction

Hopefully his medical license has also been yanked.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alissa000ag
Back