NY - First Responders NOT welcome at Ground Zero???

Shocking! Bloomberg should address this and give a complete explanation as to why he would exclude clergy. Knowing this bums me out.

oh, but if there is an emergency, there again, on the 10th anniversary, guessing the Mayor would call the first responders without concern for available room.

What is wrong with this world anymore???

Absolutely FREAKING unbelievable!

I just copied this to my facebook, maybe we can get a petition going!

I heard Bloomberg say that it was to allow the most possible room for the families of those who died, but seriously?

This is terrible .
And it will probably happen too and then talking heads will apologize after the fact .
How shameful !

Well, you can't expect them to have all those first responders there coughing and hacking all over the healthy people....oh yeah, that's right, their illnesses are all fake and that is why we don't properly care for them....maybe it is because most of the ones who are still alive have fewer teeth left since they have all fallen out--probably from their poor dental care, because it certainly can't be a result of the things they breathed in those days.

I am outraged. This is just one more injustice in a long line of ten years worth of injustices that these brave men and women suffer from what was already tragedy enough without pouring salt in the wounds. Ugh!

Why is it unreasonable to reserve space at a memorial for those who died for the families of those who died?

It doesn't sound like they were doing this every year, just this year. Can't the first responders give the victims families just a little break, or is it all about them?

Why is it unreasonable to reserve space at a memorial for those who died for the families of those who died?

It doesn't sound like they were doing this every year, just this year. Can't the first responders give the victims families just a little break, or is it all about them?

JMO but with this being in NYC and at Ground Zero there should be plenty of space for all, first responders as well as family members. Block off streets, alleys, whatever has to be done to accomodate everyone(families and first responders), needs to be done. If the people of America can rebuild Ground Zero they can surely find a way to pay their respects to all. It is ridiculous to think otherwise. Folks should be outraged at the mere mention of leaving the first responders out of this ceremony. Politicians and other dignitaries can watch it on tv, this is not a political venue or shouldn't be.

My children's dad is from NY and all of his family are first responders, members of the police and fire department, etc and all of them lost friends, and many first responders lost not only loved ones, but they also pretty much lost their own lives. Though many that were there that day are still walking, they might as well be dead because they are so sick and can't get proper health care because we as a nation don't want to pay for it. It is disgusting what we do as a nation when it comes to our heroes and this whole think smacks of Gulf War syndrome, where we bombed chemical facilities with our own troops downwind and then claim that they aren't really sick from that and because there are so many different illnesses and people breathed in different quantities of harmful things. We dismiss it as not being real and that these people are just trying to soak off of the government dime. They weren't offered an invitation on the day that it happened, they just showed up. It is insulting, not only to those that are still here, but also to the 403 who died that day and the nearly 1,000 who have died since. Without those first responders, many more lives would have been lost that day and I can't see why they can't squeeze them in somewhere. I am sure that there will be room for politicians. It is terribly disrespectful to those who are sick, especially.

http://www.fealgoodfoundation.com/

"The city announced that due to security and space issues, there’s no room for the first responders."

Security issues? Really? How does having the first responders there somehow cause a security issue? I would think everyone there would be safer. Perhaps the real reason they are not wanted there is because there are so many of them who have raised questions regarding the events of that day that no one is willing to answer. Regardless of your position on those questions, as American's we are supposed to be allowed to ask. Ridiculous.

http://foxnewsinsider.com/2011/08/15/first-responders-snubbed-not-invited-to-911-ceremony/

I don't think any of them ever thought that it was "all about them" and it certainly wasn't "all about them" when they charged into those buildings to save people.

Just my opinion on the matter, of course....

9/11 was an American tragedy of enormous proportion. 9/11 was an American response of enormous proportion. Every DOG that lost it's life in the response effort should be honored. NO RESPONDER LEFT BEHIND. This is just not right. All who perished that day should be honored together. All for one, one for all.

Number of firefighters and paramedics killed: 343
Number of NYPD officers: 23
Number of Port Authority police officers: 37
Number of employees who died in Tower One: 1,402
Number of employees who died in Tower Two: 614

1402 + 614 + 343 + 23 + 37 = 2419

403 / 2419 = 16.65% of those lost there that day were first responders. That is a big number to leave them out.

http://nymag.com/news/articles/wtc/1year/numbers.htm

Never liked Bloomberg. 9/11 was a horrific tragedy.

9/11 was an American tragedy of enormous proportion. 9/11 was an American response of enormous proportion. Every DOG that lost it's life in the response effort should be honored. NO RESPONDER LEFT BEHIND. This is just not right. All who perished that day should be honored together. All for one, one for all.

BBM - Post of the decade!

My children's dad is from NY and all of his family are first responders, members of the police and fire department, etc and all of them lost friends, and many first responders lost not only loved ones, but they also pretty much lost their own lives. Though many that were there that day are still walking, they might as well be dead because they are so sick and can't get proper health care because we as a nation don't want to pay for it. It is disgusting what we do as a nation when it comes to our heroes and this whole think smacks of Gulf War syndrome, where we bombed chemical facilities with our own troops downwind and then claim that they aren't really sick from that and because there are so many different illnesses and people breathed in different quantities of harmful things. We dismiss it as not being real and that these people are just trying to soak off of the government dime. They weren't offered an invitation on the day that it happened, they just showed up. It is insulting, not only to those that are still here, but also to the 403 who died that day and the nearly 1,000 who have died since. Without those first responders, many more lives would have been lost that day and I can't see why they can't squeeze them in somewhere. I am sure that there will be room for politicians. It is terribly disrespectful to those who are sick, especially.

http://www.fealgoodfoundation.com/

"The city announced that due to security and space issues, there’s no room for the first responders."

Security issues? Really? How does having the first responders there somehow cause a security issue? I would think everyone there would be safer. Perhaps the real reason they are not wanted there is because there are so many of them who have raised questions regarding the events of that day that no one is willing to answer. Regardless of your position on those questions, as American's we are supposed to be allowed to ask. Ridiculous.

http://foxnewsinsider.com/2011/08/15/first-responders-snubbed-not-invited-to-911-ceremony/

I don't think any of them ever thought that it was "all about them" and it certainly wasn't "all about them" when they charged into those buildings to save people.

Just my opinion on the matter, of course....

With all due respect, there probably would have been significantly fewer deaths if they had NOT all run into the buildings. It was not a wise thing to do and whoever made that decision was not exercosing good judgement. There was not a lot they could have done anyway, fighting a fire in a building that high is extremely difficult. By all heading up the fire escapes, they would have been slowing down people on the way down, and they probably killed significantly more people than they saved as a result of that. Not to mention themselves. Most of those emergency workers killed likely died because they were milling around at the base, not actually doing anything particulary neccessary. In a situation like that the sensible thing would have been to clear the area around the building because a collapse is allways a strong possibility under those circumstances, and then send in a much smaller team, not more than 50, to do whatever needed to be done to supervise the evacuation.

As for there being "a 1000" subsequent deaths, I doubt that. Emergency workers were not the only ones exposed to the dust cloud, so was half of manhattan, and if there was a subsequent deaths among emergency workers there would have been hundreds of thousands among New Yorkers in general.

In any case, the ceremony is held for the families of those who died, so that would inlcude the families of the emergency workers. But, most of the people who currently work for New York emergency servers would have joined in the decade since 9/11, so why do you think they should be attending the ceremony when they weren't even there?

If there is no room for the first responders, the ones who actually saved lives at the risk of their own, surely there is no room for politicians and others who do nothing but suck the life blood from the taxpayers of this country.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back