GUILTY GA - Julian Jones, 22, killed by stray bullet, Atlanta, 19 Aug 2011

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
In December 2009, Javaris Crittenton was suspended by the NBA after bringing guns into the locker room to settle a dispute
with fellow Washington Wizard guard Gilbert Arenas. Sounds like Gilbert got lucky on that occasion as no shots were fired.

Former NBA player Crittenton still sought in Atlanta murder
Former Georgia Tech guard Javaris Crittenton, wanted for murder since Friday in the drive-by shooting of a 23-year-old Atlanta mother, was not in custody Sunday afternoon, police said.

Crittenton, 23, a former NBA player and first-round pick out by the Los Angeles Lakers, is believed to be in California. Atlanta detectives are working with the FBI to take him into custody.

Atlanta police say Crittenton killed Jullian Jones, a mother of four, when firing at a group of people walking along Macon Drive in southeast Atlanta Aug. 19.

Police say Crittenton reported being robbed of jewelry April 21 and may have thought a person on the sidewalk was responsible.
---
Much more at Atlanta Journal-Constitution link above.

A link to the guns-in-the-locker-room incident from 2009:

Wizards Gilbert Arenas and Javaris Crittenton pull pistols on each other (New York Post)

http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/dpp/new...ayer-Wanted-for-Atlanta-Murder-20110826-pk-pm

Police said they have talked to Crittenton, and are making arrangements with the FBI for him to turn himself in. He thought to be in the Los Angeles area, according to Meadow.

Police said witnesses identified Crittenton.

"We had a great deal of outrage in that community shortly after Ms. Jones was shot and we had a great deal of cooperation from people in the community," said Meadow. "We feel very good and comfortable with the evidence in this particular case."

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<full article and video at link>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

It seems he's still on the lamb. Hope he gives himself up peacefully.

What a shame. All that promise and he blows it. What most young hopefuls would have given to be in his place a couple of years ago.

what a waste,
:(
fran

PS>....prayers for his victim and her family, especially her children. fran

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2011/08/ex-lakers-player-sought-in-slaying-of-woman.html

Ex-Laker Javaris Crittenton sought in fatal drive-by shooting

August 29, 2011 | 7:50 am

<<<<<<<<<<<<<article at link>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

http://www.ajc.com/news/atlanta/crittenton-arrested-at-california-1150640.html?cxntlid=cmg_cntnt_rss

Crittenton was scheduled to be on a red-eye flight from Los Angeles to Atlanta, said attorney Brian Steel, retained by family members earlier Monday. He was arrested when he checked in for that flight.

"Mr. Crittenton wants to clear his name," Steel told the AJC. "He's innocent of the charges."

If I'm ever charged with murder and I know I did not commit the crime, I would not wait 3 days to turn myself in.

4 kids have lost their mother. :(

the part that annoyed the heck out of me was that the attorney made it sound like it was up to him when and how everything would work in regards to Crittenton turning himself in. Um, no, it's not cool to say oh well in a few days, when he's back in town, when it's good for HIM, we'll go to the police. Um, no. Bad decision after bad decision.

From April 2015:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/04/29/us-usa-georgia-crittenton-idUSKBN0NK1UY20150429

Crittenton, 27, pleaded guilty to voluntary manslaughter with a weapon and aggravated assault with a firearm. As part of the plea agreement, prosecutors dropped a murder charge and a judge sentenced him to 23 years in prison and 17 years of probation.

Opening statements had been expected on Wednesday in the murder case against Crittenton and his cousin, Douglas Gamble, who were accused of gunning down Julian Jones...

Gamble pleaded guilty on Wednesday to aggravated assault with a deadly weapon. He was sentenced to three years in prison and 17 years of probation.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back