Jeffs In Critical Condition

BetteDavisEyes

Fasten your seatbelts...
Reaction score
Polygamist Warren Jeffs In Critical Condition

POSTED: Monday, August 29, 2011

UPDATED: 1:54 pm EDT August 29, 2011

By the CNN Wire Staff

(CNN) -- Polygamist leader Warren Jeffs was in critical condition in a Texas hospital Monday after falling ill during a fast, a state prison official and his attorney said...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/29015530/detail.html

Yep, i could tell from his last appearance he was way too thin and wiry.
Good, let him die and meet the maker. THEN he'll realize how truly evil he really was!!

If he's too :crazy: to eat, let him die.

JMO

I've been taught that if I can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

So
:silenced:

fran

PS....Thanks for the link!

Polygamist leader Jeffs hospitalized after fasting

By MICHAEL GRACZYK, AP

3 hours ago

HOUSTON — Polygamist sect leader Warren Jeffs was hospitalized in critical condition Monday after telling corrections officers he's fasted in the weeks since receiving a life sentence for sexually assaulting underage followers he took as spiritual brides, a prison official said.

The 55-year-old head of the Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, who has a history of refusing to eat while incarcerated, was stable, Texas Department of Criminal Justice spokeswoman Michelle Lyons told The Associated Press. It was uncertain how long he would be hospitalized.

Jeffs attorney Emily Detoto told the AP her client "hasn't been feeling well" and was taken to East Texas Medical Center in Tyler on Sunday night. She declined to elaborate.

Lyons said Jeffs told corrections officers he's fasted in the time since his conviction earlier this month, though it was not immediately clear how long he'd gone without food before being hospitalized...

http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/news-general/20110829/US.Polygamist.Leader/

apparently its a pattern...

This is at least the fourth time that prison fasts and other self-imposed health problems have put Jeffs in the hospital during the five years he has been behind bars. Monday marks the five-year anniversary of his arrest on a Nevada highway.

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/52477282-78/jeffs-texas-prison-utah.html.csp

I think he has some serious control issues. Ridiculous.

Oh yes................I think you have really hit the nail on the head here with the "control issues" thing. Just think, something you can definitely control is what is swallowed into your body. Just like anorexia......it is all about being able to "control" something...........even if it is just what you put into your mouth.............

"Oh my goodness!" said in my little Shirley Temple voice.............that is about all that I can say with enthusiasm about this.

apparently its a pattern...

This is at least the fourth time that prison fasts and other self-imposed health problems have put Jeffs in the hospital during the five years he has been behind bars. Monday marks the five-year anniversary of his arrest on a Nevada highway.

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/52477282-78/jeffs-texas-prison-utah.html.csp

I think he has some serious control issues. Ridiculous.

Yep, and he is still feeding off the tax payers....since they are footing the bill in the hospital for his care...............:sick:

Jeffs wants to be a martyr for his cause. jmo

I think you are right.

Why are they denying him that?

Throw his butt back in the cell and let him continue on down the martyr road.

It will save hospital bills and food costs.

JMO

Or maybe he just wants attention and sympathy, maybe he's missing his "comforting". (yuck)

It's a bit out of season, but this quote from Ebenezer Scrooge in Dickens' A Christmas Carol describes my sentiments: "If they would rather die, they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population." :innocent:

Can someone who knows tell me exactly what "critical" condition means? To me, it means touch and go, survival uncertain. Is that correct? Or does "critical" mean you're at a "critical" point in your particular situation?

TIA!

Can someone who knows tell me exactly what "critical" condition means? To me, it means touch and go, survival uncertain. Is that correct? Or does "critical" mean you're at a "critical" point in your particular situation?

TIA!

I Googled "patient conditions" and found several links that list the following:

Definition of Patient Conditions

Below are the American Hospital Association approved conditions:

Undetermined – Patient is awaiting assessment.

Good – Vital signs are stable and within normal limits. Patient is conscious and comfortable. Indicators are excellent.

Fair – Vital signs are stable and within normal limits. Patient is conscious but may be uncomfortable. Indicators are favorable.

Serious – Vital signs may be unstable and not within normal limits. Patient is acutely ill. Indicators are questionable.

Critical – Vital signs are unstable and not within normal limits. Patient may be unconscious. Indicators are unfavorable.

Jeffs continues to "control" his followers with these antics (IMO) . .. . those cloistered believers are being told it is their fault he is so close to death and they need to pray and be more "ferverent" in their faith in order to save him. My heart goes out to all of them . . . they do not know how much they have been deceived and if they ever had the opportunity to hear those tapes that were played in court in their false pro(fit)'s own words . . . they would voluntarily walk out of the compounds, on their own accord and probably never look back. Jeffs may have control . . . but knowledge is POWER!

I say the sooner, the better and lets start arresting every single parent within FLDS that allows their child-daughter(s) to be taken as "holy brides." Even if/when Jeff's dies there will be another (pedophile) to take his place and these parents need to be held accountable for handing their children over to them on a silver platter. I don't care how spirtually deceived they are!

TIA!

If I had to guess I'd say he probably developed dehydration/low potassium/an electrolyte imbalance from starvation. This causes irregular heartbeat and blood pressure problems until he is stabilized which can usually be easily corrected. :slapfight: Personally, I'd just let him starve...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back