Casey Anthony’s BRACE Character Profile. Valid or Not? ... Poll

BRACE Character Profile-valid or not?

• Total BS, not worth the read.

Votes: 15 13.8%
  • Not a complete waste of time, but overall it sort-of stinks and I won't tell my friends about it.

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • OK. Probably adequate for some purposes under certain conditions, but inadequate for most purposes.

Votes: 9 8.3%
  • Clearly accurate on some major points of interest, but not overall - one thumb up/one thumb down

Votes: 5 4.6%
  • Overall,a good description of obvious characteristics, but not remarkable. Who needs it?

Votes: 12 11.0%
  • Impressive- it was detailed and accurate without direct contact with Casey, family or friends.

Votes: 63 57.8%
  • I want to pay you big bucks to write a book.

Votes: 1 0.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Knot4u2no

Verified Expert
Reaction score
Website
www.bracecharacterprofile.com
Over two months before Caylee Anthony’s body was found on December 11, 2008, the author was asked by the Editor of the forensic psychology portal www.crimsonshadows.net if he would be interested in completing a BRACE Character Profile on Casey Anthony, mother of Caylee Anthony. Casey Anthony’s BRACE Character Profile was completed on September 21, 2008, with an Addendum on September 22, 2008, and the article Profiling Casey, which includes a detailed introduction by the Editor was posted online at www.crimsonshadows.net. For those who have not been “exposed” to the Profiling Casey article at crimsonshadows.net, below are the links for the full article:

Profiling Casey: http://crimsonshadows.net/content/view/168/140/

Brace Character Profile: http://crimsonshadows.net/content/view/168/140/1/1/

Addendum: http://crimsonshadows.net/content/view/168/140/1/2/

Since this profile was posted before Caylee’s body was found, and is admittedly an indirect assessment of Casey Anthony’s character, is it:

1. Total BS, not worth the read.
2. It was not a complete waste of time, but overall it sort-of stinks and I would not tell my friends about it.
3. OK. It is probably adequate for some purposes under the right conditions, but inadequate for most purposes.
4. It is clearly accurate on some major points of interest, but not overall - one thumb up and one thumb down.
5. Overall, it’s a good description of obvious characteristics, but not remarkable. Who needs it?
6. Impressive, considering that it was so detailed and accurate without any direct contact with Casey, family or friends.
7. I want to pay you big bucks to write a book.

Russell

Hey Russell. I will add a poll but I have to shorten the length of your options. let me know if they are ok once I post them.

Very interesting read. Fits KC to a tee. jmo

Great thread. And I think the BRACE was spot on. Very interesting! Thanks!

Salem

I think you nailed it on about Casey Anthony.

I voted obvious and who needs it. It reads like a mess and I can't even tell if any of it is evidence based. It seems like misuse of the DSM in some ways. Once you parse through all the mumbo jumbo and equations, it is nothing a person without training or life experience could figure out. Profiling seems unscientific and haphazard.

Pretty interesting. But it describes KC as having an "unbridled willingness to act on her impulses" or something to that effect.

What I see in KC is someone who successfully surpressed her impulses for a long time. She had everyone fooled, from her parents to her friends and boyfriend. In pictures, she appears the happy and doting mom. When Caylee disappeared and KC was charged, friends and family just couldn't believe it.

If I'm interpreting those results wrong, let me know!

I thought it was spot on. It actually gave me some peace of mind. It seems glaringly obvious with her complete lack of fear of concequences she is very likely to reoffend and wind up behind bars. We saw what happened to Joran Van Der Sloot and OJ. I would bet their profiles are very similar. Where most of us could get off of murder, breath a sigh of relief and stay under the radar, it would seem that getting off just feeds the "do-it-monster" in their psyches....

Pretty interesting. But it describes KC as having an "unbridled willingness to act on her impulses" or something to that effect.

What I see in KC is someone who successfully surpressed her impulses for a long time. She had everyone fooled, from her parents to her friends and boyfriend. In pictures, she appears the happy and doting mom. When Caylee disappeared and KC was charged, friends and family just couldn't believe it.

Thank you for your comments.

IMO, Casey did not suppress her impulses, she fooled some of the people some of the time, but over time people came to know her as a liar and a thief. She would lie when there was no reason to lie - successful manipulations of other people are reward enough for Casey. Her parents were well aware of her deceptive manipulations, but tolerated them due to Caylee. She posed for the pictures, used Caylee as a prop and to manipulate her parents, and generally loved being the center of attention. Put her on stage and she was a happy camper ... still is.

Russell

Maybe I was just tired when I read it or else I've lost patience with reading detailed psychiatric charts, etc., but I would have liked to have seen a clearer summary at the end - without the on one hand while the opposite is - or maybe I'm just no longer really willing to do the work after discussing her personality characteristics for three long years. Was this available before the trial? I didn't see it but if I had I'm sure I would have devoured every word - but right now I have verdict fatigue - sigh...

Really I'm an untrained eye and who needs my opinion, but I voted who needs it. This more notes my attitude rather than the quality of the Brace report IMO.

Respectfully, just because she was fooling people doesn't mean she was surpressing impulses. She stole from Amy's account on the way to the airport to pick Amy up! She was blatantly on camera using stolen checks to buy things. She stole thousands of dollars from her mother and other family members. She went from one guy to the next, one set of friends to the next. She was constantly lying about her life too. That is not surpressing impulses. It's just not getting caught at it, especially with a mother who covered for her constantly. Casey acted on her impulses a lot. She just wasn't caught in what she was doing until she murdered Caylee.

She had no fear of consequences, so why would she surpress her impulses? She didn't. She was just good at not getting caught when she gave into her impulses for years. Or she ran away and found new victims, and the old ones didn't do anything or have her charged, probably because Cindy got in their face about it. Most people don't have a Cindy to clean up messes and keep living a consequence free life. Fortunately, Cindy still can't clean up Caylee's murder and make that go away completely.

I can see how the no consequences and getting away with stuff would seem like surpressing impulses, but it's not. Casey was lucky to have Cindy clean up everything so she never had to pay a consequence. It didn't mean that all the while she wasn't doing bad things to people without remorse or a care in the world as to who she hurt. Casey was incredibly lucky until she murdered Caylee. She's still lucky in some respects since she got acquitted, but it looks like life outside of jail is not as peachy as she thought it would be either.

* From the report: BRACE Character Profile™ is based on three prototypical character types (Type A, Type B, and Type C), which are each rated on a 5-point scale.

I'm just not big on the Likert rating scales (5-point scale). How do you determine a response of 0 versus 1, 1 versus 2, 2 versus 3, etc.

* From the report: Consensus input ratings by two or more individuals increases the knowledge base and minimizes rating biases.

From what I saw Knot was the only one to complete this assessment on KC. So this is solely his perspective on her. I'd like to see how someone elses results of KC would compare to Knot's.

* The DSM - III is not used anymore.

I didn't read the report but have read the posts.
I think the bottom line is that CFCA will kill again if the circumstances are just right.
No matter what we know to be wrong (correct me if you think I'm wrong) she dosen't care if it's wrong? But she knows it's wrong? Gosh I hope that makes sense.
I still believe that she was going to kill her parents from the searches she did on the computer. Like hand to hand combat (I know everyone has focused on the chloroform searches) why would a person need hand to hand combat to kill an almost 3 year old child? Her other searches for whatever weapons to me is not needed to kill a small child. Plus the fact that she told Amy her parents were turning the house over to her. Anyway it makes me wonder if her parents do make a dump truck load of money will she be green with envy and worm her way back into their lives and try to commit the perfect crime again.
I don't know! I just think she is a dangerous person for anyone to be around. I guess time will tell.
I also think she will never have a relationship with a normal person and think that if she were to find a new boy friend it could turn out to be something like Karla Holmoka and that Bernardo guy.
Ted Bundy and Casey Anthony, two peas in a pod.

I voted obvious and who needs it. It reads like a mess and I can't even tell if any of it is evidence based. It seems like misuse of the DSM in some ways. Once you parse through all the mumbo jumbo and equations, it is nothing a person without training or life experience could figure out. Profiling seems unscientific and haphazard.

I'm soo glad I'm not alone in this thinking. :floorlaugh:

* From the report: BRACE Character Profile™ is based on three prototypical character types (Type A, Type B, and Type C), which are each rated on a 5-point scale.

I'm just not big on the Likert rating scales (5-point scale). How do you determine a response of 0 versus 1, 1 versus 2, 2 versus 3, etc.

* From the report: Consensus input ratings by two or more individuals increases the knowledge base and minimizes rating biases.

From what I saw Knot was the only one to complete this assessment on KC. So this is solely his perspective on her. I'd like to see how someone elses results of KC would compare to Knot's.

* The DSM - III is not used anymore.

Excerpts from the BRACE Character Profile Manual (NOTE: the manual, input form, program to generate the graphics, etc. are available as free downloads at my website)

... the input rating process is quite flexible – it does not matter how the ratings are obtained as long as they are as accurate as possible under the circumstances. The input ratings can be established by any number of individuals through any means of communication (e.g., face-to-face meetings, conference calls, snail mails, emails, internet message boards, internet chat rooms). All raters involved may attempt to rate all items or only the items they are most sure about - or different raters may rate different items . Again, the goal is to obtain as accurate a set of input ratings as possible under the circumstances.
Note: Consensus input by two or more raters increases the knowledge base and allows for doubts to be “reasoned out” and alternative perspectives to be considered. However, one person who has good knowledge of the character being rated (or access to those who do) and who also has good critical thinking skills can successfully complete the input ratings.
DSM-III-R [American Psychiatric Association: Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Third Edition, Revision. Washington, DC, American Psychiatric Association, 1987] included Sadistic Personality Disorder, a diagnosis which some professionals still find useful. Note that the BRACE Character Profile does not make clinical diagnoses, but it can be correlated with them.

Russell

When one commits a heinous act believing the end justifies the means - that's evil.

All things considered including being dependent upon the great enablers George and Cindy Anthony, it's truly heartbreaking how defenseless poor Caylee Marie was. FCA is one big disordered personality IMO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kac313
Back