GUILTY FL - Amy Patterson, 40, Bokeelia, 29 July 2011

KaylynnCouture

Reaction score
Amy Patterson, 41, of Bokeelia, has been missing since the beginning of August. The sheriff’s office is seeking her boyfriend and ex-husband, Daniel Proctor, 44, as a person of interest.

Patterson failed to show up for the first teacher day Aug. 1 at Mariner Middle School in Cape Coral.

She was last seen July 29 on Pine Island, and nothing seemed amiss, said Lt. Ryan Bell.

Bell would not say who had last seen her.

“She was looking forward to going back to school and teaching again the following week,” Bell said.

Proctor, Patterson’s boyfriend, has a reported history of abuse. He went to prison in Alabama during the 1990s after assaulting Patterson, according to WINK News.

Proctor left town after Patterson’s disappearance, but may have since returned. The sheriff’s office believes he is in the Southeast.

“His whereabouts are unknown and we believe he has specific information related to her disappearance,” Bell said.

Lee County School District employees tried to contact Patterson and her friends and family when she failed to show up for work. They immediately called the sheriff’s office when they couldn’t locate her, Bell said.

The school district cannot comment because the investigation is ongoing, said spokesman Joe Donzelli.

Shortly after Patterson missed work, Proctor told deputies she had died in a car accident, which was later found to be false, said sheriff’s office spokesman Tony Schall. The sheriff’s office accelerated the investigation once the car accident story was proved false.

Snipped from: http://www.news-press.com/article/2...teacher-s-beau-?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|Home (Lots more info & photos at the link)

Lee County deputies say it was Proctor's mother, Joyce Rosenbaum, who called to report that the local science teacher was missing.

His mother told us over the phone that when her son showed up at her Alabama home last week without Amy, but in her car, she got worried.

"I asked him where Amy was and he had said she went back to Texas to be with our grandson. Well, she's not there," Rosenbaum said.

Then, Rosenbaum says she told her son to leave and called Amy's school, only to realize that Amy had been missing for almost a month.

That's when she called the Lee County Sheriff's Office.

http://www.nbc-2.com/story/15359604/2011/08/30/deputies-seeking-info-on-missing-teacher

Last Known Address

16005 Bowline St., Bokeelia, Fl
Is a tiny town on the end of Pine Island.

http://www.lehighacrescitizen.com/p...help-in-finding-missing-teacher.html?nav=5110

Now Lee County deputies are calling the middle school science teacher's disappearance suspicious.

"We're looking for her boyfriend as well, hoping he can provide us with information on Ms. Patterson's whereabouts."

A neighbor who did not want to be identified, tells us, Patterson's boyfriend Daniel Proctor was spotted by his landlord at a convenience store near their home.

"He said you know, I haven't received a rent check, evidently Danny got all teary eyed and he said well my wife went to visit family and she got killed in a car accident. "

Deputies have confirmed that is not true.

http://www.winknews.com/Local-Florida/2011-08-30/Teachers-disappearance-considered-suspicious

bilde

http://www.news-press.com/article/20110830/NEWS0101/110830019/Deputies-seek-help-finding-missing-Mariner-Middle-teacher?odyssey=tab%7Ctopnews%7Ctext%7CHome

Bless her heart....I am fearful this will end badly.

That's very caring of Proctor's mother to take such an aggressive stance against him.

Lee County deputies say it was Proctor's mother, Joyce Rosenbaum, who called to report that the local science teacher was missing.

His mother told us over the phone that when her son showed up at her Alabama home last week without Amy, but in her car, she got worried.

"I asked him where Amy was and he had said she went back to Texas to be with our grandson. Well, she's not there," Rosenbaum said.

Then, Rosenbaum says she told her son to leave and called Amy's school, only to realize that Amy had been missing for almost a month.

That's when she called the Lee County Sheriff's Office.

http://www.nbc-2.com/story/15359604/2011/08/30/deputies-seeking-info-on-missing-teacher

Good grief, when your own mother calls LE because she's suspicious about where your girlfriend is and what your involvement in her disappearance is ... well, all I can say is, a mother knows her child ...

What I don't understand is why it took a month for anyone to report her missing?? Where is her family??

That's very caring of Proctor's mother to take such an aggressive stance against him.

Maybe she is familiar with the way he behaves. You either deny it or accept it in full when it's a family member.....

That's around me where she used to live. Doesn't look good, think he disposed of her, and it won't turn out good. Sad times these days with all the murders and abuse in the news

If this guy already said she is dead (via the car crash) then she is likely dead...not via a car crash. JMO

So her boyfriend was the same man she had already divorced and who had been in prison? Or am I reading this all wrong?

Very sad. Sounds like she's been tangled up with this Proctor guy for over 20 years. On NG, they said the 2 got married in 1991, divorced in 1994, and reconciled 3 years ago.

What I don't understand is why it took a month for anyone to report her missing?? Where is her family??
Is there something in the water in the State of Florida?
This does not look good. This guy needs to be found!!!
Interesting side note, I've often said that if a spouse lied about the whereabouts of their significant other, went on with their lives with nary a concern for their loved one (who would run the risk of sharing such a c*ck-and-bull story with their own mother?!!), stole from friends (sorry I have to take your car, dude!!), and seemingly just plain lied, lied, lied...they'd ultimately be tried and convicted of their spouse's death. Guess we'll have to wait and see. Stranger things are known to have happened in Florida.

Bookelia is the northern part of gorgeous Pine Island...our all time favorite vacation spot and future home after retirement. Very sad...

I could be wrong, but the way I understood it was that she was reported missing (by either her school, or her mother..I've heard both, so I'm not sure which is correct) and when LE looked into it, her ex-husband told them she wasn't missing, she had passed away in a car accident. So, LE stopped searching THEN re-opened the case when they realized that was a lie.

Patterson's mother, Joyce Rosenbaum, reported her missing after Proctor appeared at Rosenbaum's home without Patterson but in her vehicle, according to Rosenbaum.

"I asked him where Amy was and he had said she went back to Texas to be with our grandson," Rosenbaum said. "Well, she's not there."

Proctor, who's considered armed and dangerous, fled in Patterson's vehicle, which was later recovered in Alabama, according to the Sheriff's Office.

Investigators say he then stole another vehicle, a 1997 Ford Explorer with Alabama tag 47N82T2, and a handgun in Alabama before leaving a note indicating he may be headed back to Florida.

Snipped: http://www.nbc-2.com/story/15374538/2011/09/01/boyfriend-of-missing-lee-teacher-sought

I saw this sad story on NG last night. I fear it's not going to end well either. :(

My question is, where is her family? Did he tell them that she died in a car accident? If so, wouldn't they have wanted a funeral and asked questions about where she was buried or where her body was for that matter?

Why was the son in Texas is another question I have.

I could be wrong, but the way I understood it was that she was reported missing (by either her school, or her mother..I've heard both, so I'm not sure which is correct) and when LE looked into it, her ex-husband told them she wasn't missing, she had passed away in a car accident. So, LE stopped searching THEN re-opened the case when they realized that was a lie.

This still confuses me though. If Amy was reported missing by her family and her place of employment... why are we just hearing about Amy now? Why not a month ago? Also, I am sure it didn't take them a month to figure out she didn't die in a car accident.

I live in Lee County and it just makes me really upset that Amy has been missing a month and it seems to me that they are just now taking it seriously. I know this is not going to end well, especially with him telling everyone that she died in a car accident... but there could have been so much more evidence a month ago... as we all know painfully well after watching what happened with Caylee.

These criminals sure did learn alot from Casey, didn't they? Lie enough to keep people off your back for a little while and you can make sure the bodies are completely decomposed before they are ever found... if they are found at all. :banghead:

Poor Amy!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redeworker
Back