TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren,44, Signal Mountain, 30 April, 2011 - #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi firefly...
Someone needs better advice from their attorney.
Jeez, these poor kids. :(

Hi firefly...
Someone needs better advice from their attorney.
Jeez, these poor kids. :(

Wow, just wow! I'm sure he needs money but who would buy that? If all our prayers are answered and she shows up, they are totally out of luck.

I think somebody needs a new attorney altogether.

Oriah,
I agree, is truly sad for the children :(

Makes it all that much more imperative that the investigation and search efforts be stepped up and that GP is found quickly.

The leaves are falling and gathering on the ground, foliage is falling back and receeding slowly. Perhaps that will help in locating her. Who would have though when this all started that we would be glad to see winter coming...

fireflylink- do you know whether or not 127, 27, 8 are being sprayed by mosquito control currently? TIA.

fireflylink- do you know whether or not 127, 27, 8 are being sprayed by mosquito control currently? TIA.

I is my understanding that mosquito control has been reduced for budgetary reasons, so I would have to say I do not know for sure. However, there have been crews out mowing and clearing the edges of the roads and around utility easements for the past couple weeks. Not exactly what you asked, but I think is along the same lines you may be thinking.

I is my understanding that mosquito control has been reduced for budgetary reasons, so I would have to say I do not know for sure. However, there have been crews out mowing and clearing the edges of the roads and around utility easements for the past couple weeks. Not exactly what you asked, but I think is along the same lines you may be thinking.

Thanks, firefly.

Mowing is good.

I was hoping for mosquito abatement, for the low aerials.

I keeping hoping everyday that "today is the day" we get a break in the case. With fall coming up, as you've all mentioned, we may get the break we've been hoping for. I can't believe it's been over 4 months. Please pray for Gail Marie and her 2 beautiful children. We miss her so much. <3

I pm'd JBean this morning and she gave me permission to open a new thread.

MP put their house up for sale.

http://timesfreepress.com/news/2011/sep/02/matthew-palmgren-lists-home-sale/

Hmmmp. Interesting:

The Chattanooga Times Free Press obtained copies of the couple&#8217;s will as well as power of attorney documents drafted in LaGrange, Ky., in 2006. The couple lived in Kentucky at the time.

The will says that, in the event of Gail Palmgren&#8217;s death, everything belongs to her husband.

The power of attorney states that, in the event something happened to Gail Palmgren&#8217;s mental state, her husband would be able to sell property. However, in order for the document to take effect, doctors must sign off, stating Gail Palmgren is incapacitated, records state.

ETA: I wonder if this is the same for Matt?

I have always wondered if family/friends/or anyone has tried tracking her car through the VIN number....the dealer who sold it/serviced it would have that on file, as well as the insurance company and the car tag bureau (whatever it might be called in TN).....if that number is available, then anyone can track any current activity with the car by getting a car fax or similar service report.

jmo

http://timesfreepress.com/news/2011/sep/02/matthew-palmgren-lists-home-sale/

"Another alternative is for Matthew Palmgren to file for divorce in Chancery Court or Civil Court. Gail Palmgren would be listed as a defendant in the case and, because she is missing, a legal notice would have to run in the newspaper for 30 days in an effort to notify her", said John Cavett, a local defense attorney.

If he was to run a notice in the local newspaper for 30 days with no response, how long would it take for him to obtain a divorce if he filed immediately after the 30 day notification? Anyone know?
IIRC at one time a person could get a divorce, if it was uncontested, in about a month to six weeks after filing..JMHO

ETA.. Is Cavett saying Matt P could file first and then would have to run a legal notice for 30 days?

Hmmmp. Interesting:

The Chattanooga Times Free Press obtained copies of the couple’s will as well as power of attorney documents drafted in LaGrange, Ky., in 2006. The couple lived in Kentucky at the time.

The will says that, in the event of Gail Palmgren’s death, everything belongs to her husband.

The power of attorney states that, in the event something happened to Gail Palmgren’s mental state, her husband would be able to sell property. However, in order for the document to take effect, doctors must sign off, stating Gail Palmgren is incapacitated, records state.

ETA: I wonder if this is the same for Matt?

I wondered the same thing.

Also, my husband and I just got done doing extensive work on both a will and a trust. The lawyers and accountants that helped us asked every question under the sun, but at NO time did either of our "mental states" ever come up. IMO, either MP or GP had to have asked about that stipulation.

Hello- I spent some time yesterday & today reading about this case. And I had a qustion for those of you that have been following it.
I took a look at her FB. Just curious...Is there any chance GP may have tried to get to Williamsville NY, her home town. Or anyway she may have tried to get to the Art Monastery Project in Labro, Italy or had contact with/help from someone from that group?

Or is the searching for her and the vehicle centered mostly to the immediate area?
Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member