GUILTY NV - Alyssa Otremba, 15, raped & murdered, Las Vegas, 3 Sept 2011

Hazel

Reaction score
Reading further down in the link, it would appear she might have been found :( (pending identification).

Missing girl
Alyssa Otremba, 15

Alyssa.jpg

https://plus.google.com/u/0/104765364690670386723/posts/NPr3cEipa45

Friends and Family Hope Body Found is Not Missing Teen
"She said my phone is dying mom, she texted her and said my phone is dying but I'm walking up Grand Teton and I will be home in 30 minutes.

That was the last we heard from her," said a family friend who did not want to be identified.

That was Friday night and no one has heard from 15-year-old Alyssa Otremba since.

Antonio Morgan and others were searching for Alyssa when he discovered a mysterious body near some brush in a desert area near her home.

full article and VIDEO : http://www.8newsnow.com/story/15394567/friends-and-family-hope-and-pray-body-found-is-not-missing-teen

A 15-year old girl also dropped by the memorial. She told Action news she had been attacked just a few yards away from where the body was found. She says a man pulled her into the nearby tunnel where he choked her until she passed out. She says fortunately for her, her friends heard her screaming.

"As my back was turned form him he grabbed me from behind, just grabbed my neck and dragged me further into the tunnel," the girl says.

She didn't to be identified, but says it happened six months ago and police never caught her attacker.

"A lot of stuff has been happening on this road and around this area and I think its the same guy because they never found him," she says.
read more: http://www.ktnv.com/news/local/129248733.html

The investigator said to the reporter "It's still very early in the investigation" when asked if another incident was related... WTF??/ when will they "decide" the community is in danger of a predator? So angry right now... sigh.....

this is really scary! I hope the press keep up on this story :(

I wonder if they got sketch of this guy that attack this other girl? if so they might want to get it in media :(

Man charged with stabbing teen 40 times

Alyssa Otremba, 15, was last seen by her parents on September 2. The following day, her burned remains were found in a vacant lot. She had been stabbed about 40 times, the Clark County Coroner's Office said.

Javier Righetti, 19, was arrested yesterday at his Las Vegas home in connection with Ms Otremba's death after a tip from the girlfriend of one of his friends led police to him, KVVU-TV reported.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/...ng-teen-40-times/story-e6frea73-1226131023852

LAS VEGAS -- A family searches for answers after the arrest of a suspect in the death of their teenage daughter, who was brutally murdered and her body burned beyond recognition.

Alyssa Otremba was found dead on Saturday. She was reported missing on Friday and police have arrested 19-year-old Javier Righetti for her murder. A police report shows Otremba sent her mother a text message on Friday night saying she was walking home and would be there in about 30 minutes. But she never made it.

According to the report, Righetti confessed he followed Otremba and then raped her before stabbing her more than 40 times with a kitchen knife. He then tried to hide her body by setting it on fire.

http://www.8newsnow.com/story/15405357/friends-murder-suspect-had-history-with-police

Poor little girl. I'm glad they caught this guy so fast.

Oh, how awful! That poor young girl. I'll move the thread to the Located forum. :(

As we might've guessed, in the article Fairy1 posted, his friends say he has priors and spent a couple of years in boot camp. He was a juvenile at the time, so we won't find out what crimes he committed unless his friends decide to talk.

The article also says a friend drove him to the store to buy gasoline and matches, and then to the desert. The friend's not named, but I wonder if he's facing any charges.

The article also says a friend drove him to the store to buy gasoline and matches, and then to the desert. The friend's not named, but I wonder if he's facing any charges.
The friend has been named; however, he has not been charged. Thank God the girlfriend was there and overheard what was going on. IMO if it wasn't for her, this case wouldn't have been solved this fast.
Metro detectives said they received a tip Monday from 18-year-old Elizabeth Morales, who said she might know something about Otremba's disappearance.

Morales said her boyfriend, 19-year-old Daniel Ortiz, received several phone calls from Righetti on Friday night, according to the arrest report.

"Ortiz told Morales that Righetti was upset and wanted Ortiz to come help him," police wrote in the report. "Ortiz said she couldn't come along because Righetti said she couldn't come and Ortiz said he was worried that Righetti had killed someone."

In an interview with detectives, Ortiz said he met Righetti at his house, where the latter confessed to committing several robberies and killing a young girl.

After purchasing gasoline and matches at an Albertson's Express store, Ortiz said he drove Righetti to the vacant lot near Grand Teton and Oso Blanca.

However, according to the arrest report, Ortiz did not follow Righetti to the body.

Detectives went to Righetti's house Monday, where he was placed in custody.

After being read his Miranda rights, police said Righetti admitted robbing, raping and stabbing Otremba with a kitchen knife from his house.

He also confessed to a second robbery and rape, according to the arrest report, although the details were not immediately made public.

Ortiz has not been charged in the case.

VIDEO full article with pictures of the Righetti and Ortiz: http://www.fox5vegas.com/story/15402436/alyssa-otrembas-accused-killer-confessed-vegas-police-say?redirected=true

:rose:Fly Free Sweet Alyssa. I am so sorry. Please find the light and enjoy the love of Max, Caylee and all of the other sweet souls. :rose:

and WHY is Ortiz not being charged as a accessory??

Oh sooo sad, that poor young girl:( rip

and bless that poor girlfriend for having the courage to do the right thing and call in

What absolute horror. I pray that the guy who did this is never put in a position where he is able to do it again.

Prayers for the family

JMO I don't think Ortis should be charged, if not for him Alyssa's where abouts would not be known. It would be a situation of being unsure of the truth, when Righetti walked into the darkness with the gas-then the reality of the situation would kick in.Murder, its really not an every day situation where you have experiance on how to react or what to do. And you really would'nt want to agitate someone who has possibly killed someone.

If the girlfriend thought Ortis would be charged (maybe she did have that conversation with law) she might not phone. Honesty should be respected and appreciated. Ortis knew a person that commited the crime, he was not part of that crime, getting gas and such just puts him in a bad situation, maybe you may deal with it different, but i would be curious (not quite the right word) but it would be hard me to believe the situation until he walked off with the gas -then it would be an oh crap, he's serious moment.
JMO i think Ortis and his girlfriend dealt with this the best they could at that moment.

People don't get involved and don't call the police because they might be in trouble.

Ortis and his girlfreind should get positive reenforcement, appreciation, until they new the truth or believed it probably was true, what could they do. I'm sure they wanted no part of this.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back