NY - John Davis, 74, found dead in suitcase, Bronx, 31 May 2011

deelytful1

*~a mere mortal~*
Reaction score
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_...nd_dumped_roomies_corpse_bronx_woman_sez.html

"My friend told me if someone dies in your apartment you go to jail, so I got really afraid,' she told cops. "I didn't know what to do."

So she wheeled the suitcase down three flights of stairs to the porch of an abandoned house at 1309 Needham Ave. in Williamsbridge, prosecutors said. She wrote "rest in peace" on a strip of cardboard and left it atop the luggage.

And there Davis' corpse sat for three months - until a neighbor on Sunday called cops to report a suspicious package. Investigators found his badly decomposed body inside and tracked down Exum.

Societal values are degrading rapidly IMHO

ETA: One commentator mentioned : Bet those SS checks kept getting cashed!! Huh.. I'm sure!

Last line of the story "It's like a bad Samsonite commercial".

How in the world was this gentleman in a suitcase - outdoors - for three months in the heat and no one noticed AT LEAST an odor, much less a suitcase with a R.I.P. sign on it? Seriously.

Sooo odd! She thought she would get in trouble for a person dying in her apartment but somehow, stuffing the body into a suitcase, dragging it down 3 flights of stairs, rolling it to an abandoned house and dropping it off on the front porch with a RIP sign not to be discovered for 3 months, was a better plan/idea?

FWIW...I have normal, everyday luggage (the kind and size nothing fits in). The next time I go luggage shopping I am going to ask the clerk to show me the luggage that a grown man can fit in. That's the size luggage I want.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jemabogado
Back