TX - Day Care Owner Allegedly Drugged Kids' Milk

fhc

Reaction score
http://www.myfoxdfw.com/dpp/news/090811-Day-Care-Owner-Allegedly-Drugged-Kids-Milk

VAN ALSTYNE, Texas - A Van Alstyne day care owner mixed sleep-inducing drugs into lunch-time drinks in order to calm children, investigators allege.
Kimberly Lane, owner of the Luv and Learning day care at 261 W. Van Alstyne Pkwy., mixed over-the-counter antihistamines in a large container of milk before serving it to the children, according to the Van Alstyne Police Department.

This is something that has long concerned me. There aren't many people who don't know the effects of certain OTC meds and it doesn't take rocket science for folks to imagine that these would calm and quiet children. I think this crime is far far more common that thought. And OTCs are not the only drugs used. I know for a fact that Rohypnol (roofies) and GHB--bought via the internet--are often used on children as amnesiacs for the purpose of drugging a child during sexual abuse.

I can remember my mother talking about how some mothers in 1930s Texas would add whiskey to their babies bottles when they wanted a rest. Personally, I don't things change. I think we're just better informed.

I can't find any updates on this. Was Kimberly Lane convicted in the end?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back