Tropical Storm Lee

Dark Knight

Reaction score
NEW ORLEANS (AP) — Tropical Storm Lee formed in the waters off Louisiana on Friday, threatening a drenching along much of the Gulf coast over the Labor Day weekend with up to 20 inches of rain in some spots.

Mississippi's governor declared a state of emergency in seven counties on or near the coast, saying the storm is expected to cause tremendous flooding. A state of emergency frees up resources that can be used to prepare for a storm, and Louisiana's governor declared one Thursday because of the threat of flash flooding. New Orleans Mayor Mitch Landrieu also declared a state of emergency for the city on Friday.

Lee could unleash "efficient and torrential topical rains" for the next several days, the National Weather Service said.

http://news.yahoo.com/rain-packed-tropical-storm-lee-forms-off-louisiana-181729134.html

Watcin' this one like a hawk...we will definitely get a lot of rain...it's much needed but too much of anything is never good.

Well, I think the marsh fire is out. :loser:

Wish we could push some of this westward to you guys who need it. I've seen cats, dogs and pumpernickels today.

Wow, seems the marsh fire's not out yet.

About ten inches of rain fell here in NOLA since yesterday. Street flooding and branches down all over the place. Power outages are patchy and not widespread. Luckily, we're getting a little break in the rain now, which is great so the pumps can catch up. Forecast for the next two days, more wind and rain (and time for sleuthing :) ). But the storm is moving a little faster now, so the weather might clear out sooner than expected.

Anyone else having problems with Lee?

Lee is giving us fits too in East Baton Rouge parish. A lot of sandbagging going on in places that never flood.
And pretty constant tornado warnings every few minutes.
I hope everybody stays safe in this mess.

Prayers for those in the path of this storm. :( Stay safe!

We've been getting a nice, slow and steady rain for the last couple of hours here in East Texas. We need a couple of weeks just like this. It's wonderful in contrast to the 105+ degree heat we have had for over a month now.
To all our Louisiana sleuths...stay safe.

Belimom you make sure you and DH are taking care of yourself and family and staying safe and dry ! That is disturbing about the little car, I bet your DH was alittle beside himself when he saw it.
Prayers for you ,
Mystic

Belimom you make sure you and DH are taking care of yourself and family and staying safe and dry ! That is disturbing about the little car, I bet your DH was alittle beside himself when he saw it.
Prayers for you ,
Mystic

Thank you, Mystic... Yes, he was shaken up - he called up and was quite distressed, couldn't stop talking about it.

Sure are a lot of natural disasters/situations going on.

Haven't been able to reach my Mom in Nutley, NJ...she emailed me a few days ago, saying she was all right, "no real property damage", but I haven't been able to catch up with her since.

Anyone know anything about Essex County, Nutley, NJ? Kinda worried. Not too terribly so, but...well...you know.

Best-
Herding Cats

Haven't been able to reach my Mom in Nutley, NJ...she emailed me a few days ago, saying she was all right, "no real property damage", but I haven't been able to catch up with her since.

Anyone know anything about Essex County, Nutley, NJ? Kinda worried. Not too terribly so, but...well...you know.

Best-
Herding Cats

HC... I'm sure she's probably fine. The flooding does extend up that far, though. Is there anyone else you know that you can call?

Here's some pics that include a lot where we are and some in PA and NJ:

http://www.washingtontimes.com/multimedia/collection/flash-flooding-swamps-alexandria-east-coast/

Just heard from Delaware friend and she got nine inches of rain and thus flooding (in Seaford) yesterday.

Had lots of flooding with evacuations and some serious damage here in PA. Sister lost her home, as did a close friend. Praying for all who are affected.

We had Lee here for 3 days and it was almost nonstop rain. We had a lot of flooding, but no where near what you guys are having up there (after having Irene).

I grew up in Fairfax County and it's so weird to read about the roads that are closed from flooding, especially the bridge and the Beltway.

Please stay safe, everyone!! :blowkiss:

Spoke to Mom, she's fine (of course she is...I'm a worrywart, I suppose...), but is having some difficulty getting around.

Still, prayers and thoughts for all those affected by this insane amount of water...

Best-
Herding Cats

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow