GUILTY RI - Camden Fry, 8, murdered, North Kingstown, 9 Aug 2009

I have seen stories about this a few times. The girl was having a tantrum because she didn't want to take a bath and the mom says she put her hands over her mouth to quiet her but there was evidence she was strangled. They are not going to allow cameras in the courtroom because the judge says he doesn't want it to turn into another Casey Anthony trial where it's hard to find a jury who knows very little about the case. Interestingly enough they showed footage tonight on Channel 10 of the mom at a school committee meeting complaining that the classroom was unsanitary because the teachers wanted to use M&M's and other finger foods as a counting aid and then they kids would get to eat them. I wonder if the mom has OCD. Here is the segment I saw.
http://www2.turnto10.com/news/2011/sep/13/7/ri-mom-face-trial-daughters-2009-death-ar-736232/

What a tragedy. This is the first I have heard of this

I have seen stories about this a few times. The girl was having a tantrum because she didn't want to take a bath and the mom says she put her hands over her mouth to quiet her but there was evidence she was strangled. They are not going to allow cameras in the courtroom because the judge says he doesn't want it to turn into another Casey Anthony trial where it's hard to find a jury who knows very little about the case. Interestingly enough they showed footage tonight on Channel 10 of the mom at a school committee meeting complaining that the classroom was unsanitary because the teachers wanted to use M&M's and other finger foods as a counting aid and then they kids would get to eat them. I wonder if the mom has OCD. Here is the segment I saw.
http://www2.turnto10.com/news/2011/sep/13/7/ri-mom-face-trial-daughters-2009-death-ar-736232/

In the video report it said that the Medical Examiner found that Camden was sexually assualted. How does that fit in???

In the video report it said that the Medical Examiner found that Camden was sexually assualted. How does that fit in???

Wow I didn't even notice that. I am not finding much on this at all other than a few articles that mention something similar to what was in that video report with the addition that there was evidence of recent and previous molestation. Who molested her??? Her mother isn't charged with molestation.

From the local NK, RI newspaper website. http://www.neindependent.com/articles/2011/08/05/local/doc4e3ab0cd04f64914083897.txt

"As reported by the Independent on June 2, 2011, court records in Washington County Superior Court include findings from the state Medical Examiner’s Office that Camden had been sexually assaulted on more than one occasion.

The report also stated there were both old and new bruises that were signs of recent and past sexual assaults"

I am wondering if the outbursts and tantrums were from the sexual abuse and not the adhd. JMO

From Joe's link http://www.wpri.com/dpp/news/local_...ctor-takes-stand-in-kimberly-fry-murder-trial

Fry's wife, Kimberly, pleaded not guilty to second-degree murder charges in connection with the death of their daughter, Camden. While the defense does not deny that Kimberly Fry killed her daughter, it maintains the outcome was not intentional.

According to Fry, his daughter's deadly encounter with her mother occurred when the little girl refused to take a bath.

Fry said his wife told him she sat on Camden and put her hand over her nose and mouth to make her stop screaming.

What about the strangling that was the cause of death?

from Joe's link above:

“I don’t know what came over me,” the note read. “I just couldn’t take it anymore.”

The letter, intended for her husband Timothy, goes on to say that Fry was tired of “fighting and fighting just because I asked her to take a bath.”

“I wish it could just be us, but it can’t,” the note said.

In another excerpt, Fry says, “I am worthless as a mother and a person.”

The notepad was found weeks later on Sept. 2 by Timothy Fry when he tried to use the pad for notes and discovered the apparent suicide note.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back