What do you guys think

dasgal

Reaction score
Website
www.visionsinwhite.com
Of El Jefe's talk of some kind of buglary ring in the warehouse area of Daron's old place of business. Darin supposedly had some insurance scam that Darlie said she was unaware of:liar: and Darin copped to it.
Do you think that the idea of payback or a solicited murder has any merit?

No, but I do believe that Darin's own illegal activities contributed to him failing those lie detector tests.

That's interesting DP. I had never thought of that. But why is he keeping quiet when he obviously knows more than he's telling?

dasgal said:
...Do you think that the idea of payback or a solicited murder has any merit?
I don't think so. I think Darlie murdered her own children. I think that if it were an intruder, he would have certainly killed his biggest threat first, meaning Darlie would have been killed first.

It makes no sense for an intruder to enter the home unarmed if his intent were to murder two children. Didn't the intruder use a knife from the Routier's home?

Let's see. The intruder managed to find the kitchen and the knives. Then, the intruder manages to repeatedly stab both boys before waking their mother. Then, he stabs the mother but doesn't kill her. His intent is to make sure the boys are dead. He doesn't go throughout the home; he doesn't rob them. He then leaves. Isn't it convenient that the boys were downstairs sleeping with their mother that particular evening. It sure made it convenient for the murderer to do his deed and to exit as quickly as he entered.

dasgal said:
That's interesting DP. I had never thought of that. But why is he keeping quiet when he obviously knows more than he's telling?

For the same reason she is. They can do each other some serious damage. While we know the PD tried to get something on Darin during the investigation and did not, I believe that they'd still love to charge him with something. Perhaps he knows that Darlie KNOWS something that could get him (or they THINK could get him) in a great deal of trouble. At least that's my guess.

dasgal said:
Of El Jefe's talk of some kind of buglary ring in the warehouse area of Daron's old place of business. Darin supposedly had some insurance scam that Darlie said she was unaware of:liar: and Darin copped to it.
Do you think that the idea of payback or a solicited murder has any merit?

No, I don't. If payback, why is Darin keeping silent while his loving wife sits on DR given his level of support prior to this. If a solicited murder why would he solicit the murder of two of his three children. Don't ask me to believe Darlie was the target, that makes no sense to me, as she would be as dead as those children had she been.

cami said:
No, I don't. If payback, why is Darin keeping silent while his loving wife sits on DR given his level of support prior to this. If a solicited murder why would he solicit the murder of two of his three children. Don't ask me to believe Darlie was the target, that makes no sense to me, as she would be as dead as those children had she been.

Well remember Darin said he wanted to help his wife, but not if that meant he has to change places with her. LOL That one is a CLASSIC!!! LOL
There is no honor among thieves and murderers. That's my theory. We KNOW for a fact that they both lied through their teeth on the witness stand. I think that was their biggest problem. A jury knows when its being lied to. In this case, proof was held up to their faces time after time. Whether Darin was lying to try and help Darlie or to try and cover up anything he might have done wrong OUTSIDE of the murders, or whether he was lying to cover up anything he might have participated in with Darlie during the night of the murders, may never be known to anyone but the two of them. If Darin starts talking, Darlie will too. She's got nothing to lose. If Darlie starts talking, well anything is possible, isn't it? If she's got some sort of proof that might get Darin locked up for one reason or another (depending on the crime and the statute of limitations), then he knows he's got to be the "ever-loyal, trying my hardest darlin to get you out of prison, husband.

Jeana I agree whole heartly in your last post and that's why I believe that she stated in her last Appeal pointing at Darin regarding the blood on his jeans.

windchime, this is OT for this case, but the pic in your siggy line has just moved me to tears! God Bless.

I believe Darin may have started this whole thing. Now, I don't know that he intended to have anyone killed, but if he did, I believe it was Darlie that he wanted dead. Darin admitted (after Darlie's conviction) that he had spoken with people just three days before the murders about having the house burglarized for the insurance money.

I think that what may have happened is that someone (possibly more than one person) came into the house that night and either intended to burglarize the home for the insurance money OR to harm/kill Darlie because she had asked for a separation that night.

Maybe Darin wanted the home burglarized and Darlie awoke and put up a fight? Maybe Darin knew they were going to do it but didn't know what night it would be done (if he knew, I'm sure he would have preferred Darlie to be upstairs with him in the bedroom where she would be less likely to hear anything)? Or maybe, after she asked for the separation, he became furious and wanted her either harmed or dead.

Thoughts, anyone?

Shamrock said:
I believe Darin may have started this whole thing. Now, I don't know that he intended to have anyone killed, but if he did, I believe it was Darlie that he wanted dead. Darin admitted (after Darlie's conviction) that he had spoken with people just three days before the murders about having the house burglarized for the insurance money.

I think that what may have happened is that someone (possibly more than one person) came into the house that night and either intended to burglarize the home for the insurance money OR to harm/kill Darlie because she had asked for a separation that night.

Maybe Darin wanted the home burglarized and Darlie awoke and put up a fight? Maybe Darin knew they were going to do it but didn't know what night it would be done (if he knew, I'm sure he would have preferred Darlie to be upstairs with him in the bedroom where she would be less likely to hear anything)? Or maybe, after she asked for the separation, he became furious and wanted her either harmed or dead.

Thoughts, anyone?

Yup, I've always thought that there was more to this story then what we heard in the media. As for Darin, I think he had something to do with what happened but I'm not sure what. After hearing about the insurance scams that Darin wanted/did do, I thought exactly what you said - maybe it's close to what ACTUALLY happened, I doubt we will ever know the entire truth.

Darlie and Darin have always said that they thought Darlie was attacked first. Of course, the evidence doesn't prove this to be true - but it does fit with your theory.

My problem with it is the fact that Darlie's injuries compared to those of the boys don't match. Darlie's got slicing injuries whereas the boys have deep penetrating wounds to their torsos. It just seems to me that whomever killed the boys knew what type of injuries to inflict to get the job done. If Darlie was not only the intended target, but attacked first, why did they not stab her in the chest? Why would they knowingly leave her alive when she hadn't even screamed before they left? Even if she had, if Darin set it up, she could have screamed and he wouldn't have done anything to help her.

The major problem with this is that this wasn't the first time that the Routiers scammed the insurance company. They had done it once before with the car, and Darlie had to know about it.

It goes to figure she was in full knowledge of the burglary scam. Yet the night of the murders, absolutely nothing was taken. Not even stuff no burglar can walk by without snatching.

Also, as far as the talk of separation, that is said to have taken place after Darin returned from taking Dana home. It would have been late at night by that time. So how could Darin have asked the "burglars" to kill his wife for asking for a separation? If he did, it was three days before she ever actually asked for one.

Hello.

I am new to the Darlie board. I have read most of your threads and I saw the Court TV one hour show earlier this week. (That's what drew my interest.)

I have not seen anyone's thoughts on a MOTIVE for this crime. Does anyone know how either Darlie or Darin, or both, could benefit by the death of their two little sons?

I don't have enough info to make a stand for innocent or guilty. But I do remember seeing that *silly string* funeral on the news and thinking, "That woman murdered her babies!" (Just gut feelings.)

I would appreciate being aimed towards any good links you might know of.

Thank you!

Dani, I've heard of lots of different reasons why people kill their children, but not once has it been for any sort of "gain." I think the strain of being alone day after day with three little boys, the marital problems, the financial problems, the business failing, broken down car, and the taking of diet pills combined with post partum depression may have been too much on this young woman. I've yet to hear of a good reason for murdering one's children. I don't think anyone can provide one for Darlie either. Unfortunately, it happens all too frequently.

I wonder if Darin had a large life insurance policy on Darlie. Does anyone know for sure? He could have been looking for someone to kill Darlie instead of a robbery to get out of debt. Especially if he was having an affair or thought she was going to leave him.

Also he could have had a key made for this person to gaurentee entry and told them to make it look like a breakin. He advised to use the back door and that she would probably be on the couch. The dog did not bark because it was a quiete form of entry. He probably did not count on the boys sleeping downstairs and was unsure which night this would happen.

I also I am curious if phone records were ever checked, especially after the murders and Darlie's arrest.

If something like this occured Darin can not give information to free Darlie without incriminating himself.

Another possible scenerio is that these thugs were to rob the house only, but committed murder and sexual assult instead. I read that a pubic hair was found and Darlie's underwear were missing. Could she have been drugged and sexualy assualted?

There is so much evidence that needs to be tested an accounted for. How did Darlie's saliva get on the sock found outside? Can the timeline prove her innocent?

I honestly do know what to think about her guilt or innocence. I do believe in hard, physically evidence and things need to be analyzed more to reach a conculsion.

Usher737 said:
I wonder if Darin had a large life insurance policy on Darlie. Does anyone know for sure? He could have been looking for someone to kill Darlie instead of a robbery to get out of debt. Especially if he was having an affair or thought she was going to leave him.

There was a life insurance policy on both Darlie and Darin, but I don't think it was "large." Darlie was the first one attacked that night. However, her wounds were only superficial. Had the killer wanted her dead, why not just plunge the knife into her heart? There is absolutely no evidence that Darin was having an affair. Since Darlie had no income, no car and no skills, its rather impossible that she was thinking about leaving him for real, although from what I've heard and read about Darlie, she threatened to so quite often.

Also he could have had a key made for this person to gaurentee entry and told them to make it look like a breakin. He advised to use the back door and that she would probably be on the couch. The dog did not bark because it was a quiete form of entry. He probably did not count on the boys sleeping downstairs and was unsure which night this would happen.

Not possible for reasons outlined above.

I also I am curious if phone records were ever checked, especially after the murders and Darlie's arrest.

Yes, the records were checked.

If something like this occured Darin can not give information to free Darlie without incriminating himself.

True.

Another possible scenerio is that these thugs were to rob the house only, but committed murder and sexual assult instead. I read that a pubic hair was found and Darlie's underwear were missing. Could she have been drugged and sexualy assualted?

There was no sexual assault. The only person who said Darlie's panties were missing is Darlie and since nothing else she said that night was the truth, its my opinion and the opinion of many others that she simply took them off and put them into the same basket of dirty laundry that she took the sock out of.

There is so much evidence that needs to be tested an accounted for. How did Darlie's saliva get on the sock found outside? Can the timeline prove her innocent?

Where did you get the impression that there was "saliva" on the sock? There was DNA on the sock, and the experts said (if I'm not mistaken) that it was most likely dead skin cells.

I honestly do know what to think about her guilt or innocence. I do believe in hard, physically evidence and things need to be analyzed more to reach a conculsion.

The FBI and state crime labs - AND experts from Darlie's defense team have all analyzed the evidence and the results all come back to Darlie being the perp.

Welcome Usher. I'm going to reply point by point if you don't mind!!! See above - mine will be in bold.

Hi Jeana! Thanks for the welcome and the reply.

I did so much reading about this case yesterday. Once I got started I could not stop! I cant find right now where I read that information about the sock. I will keep looking.

The evindence that needs to be tested is those 2 prints: 1 on the door to the garage and 1 on living room table. Also the hairs.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back