New news about Annie Le's murderer

Chanler

Reaction score
http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/bestoftv/2011/09/13/drew-murdered-yale-student.cnn?hpt=hp_t2

In this interview with Annie Le's heartstricken mother and her lawyer, the attorney reveals something not previously revealed, at least as far as I know. According to the lawyer and interviewer "Dr. Drew," multiple complaints (presumably about sexual harassment) had been raised about Raymond Clark. Apparently, they went nowhere: His supervisor was his brother-in-law, so one assumes that Clark was in a sense protected.

I won't resurrect this debate, I know there were some heated discussions between myself and others on this case. I still feel, deep down, that Clark didn't do it, or that he didn't act alone. There really wasn't any slam dunk information that showed he had the motive, the means, or the desire to kill. Too bad this didn't go to trial. It doesn't make sense that he would plead guilty, then not give any motive or reason for 'causing her death' as his father had described Clark's description of the event. He could have just said 'we had a fight, I lost control', but he didn't. The vagueness of the whole situation is strange, and I'm hoping at some point in the future we will get some more light shed on this case.

I won't resurrect this debate, I know there were some heated discussions between myself and others on this case. I still feel, deep down, that Clark didn't do it, or that he didn't act alone. There really wasn't any slam dunk information that showed he had the motive, the means, or the desire to kill. Too bad this didn't go to trial. It doesn't make sense that he would plead guilty, then not give any motive or reason for 'causing her death' as his father had described Clark's description of the event. He could have just said 'we had a fight, I lost control', but he didn't. The vagueness of the whole situation is strange, and I'm hoping at some point in the future we will get some more light shed on this case.

Hi, Shlock Homes, good to see your moniker again. It makes complete sense that he plead guilty: The forensic evidence was overwhelming; the timeline is compelling; and if he had gone to trial, he and his fiance (who had stood by him) would have been exposed to painful evidence about sexual assault (to which he pleaded guilty). He might have also received a harsher sentence.

Her father did say that Raymond Clark had "caused" Annie Le's death, but he had already said much more directly that his family was proud that Ray "for taking responsibility for his actions and pleading guilty," guilty that is of murder and sexual assault. The family didn't fudge on that guilt. You are.

As for motive, means, or the desire to kill: By the evidence, Annie Le resisted his sexual attack. That such attacks occur and can quickly escalate into violence is something that any judge, lawyer, or police officer can confirm. After Clark was charged with murder, he was also charged with felony murder; that is, murder committed in the commission of another crime; in this case attempted rape.

That Raymond Clark did not feel compelled to compose a verbal picture of his crime, however brief, in public does not surprise me. What sane man would?

http://www.courant.com/news/connecticut/hc-yale-murder-lawsuit-settlement-20161122-story.html

"Yale University has settled a wrongful death lawsuit filed by the family of Annie Le, a graduate student who was murdered in a research laboratory by a co-worker in 2009.

The lawsuit, filed in 2011 by Le's mother, Vivian Van Le, was supposed to go to trial last month in Waterbury Superior Court but was postponed. The case was withdrawn last week after the two sides reached an undisclosed settlement.

The Associated Press, citing probate court documents it obtained Tuesday, said the case was settled for $3 million."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back