ID ID - Gayla Schaper, 28, Latah County, 29 June 1979

Wanting2Help

Reaction score
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/s/schaper_gayla.html

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/2068/0/

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/16dfid.html

Schaper was last seen when her husband dropped her off at a pasture near the family's dairy farm on Lenville Road southeast of Moscow, Idaho on June 29, 1979. When her husband came home, she wasn't there. Some clothing was found in a nearby meadow, but Schaper herself has never been located. She wasn't carrying any identification at the time of her disappearance.

Schaper's husband was initially considered a suspect in her disappearance, but he passed a polygraph in 1993 and was cleared of involvement. He remarried after Schaper went missing and still lives in the local area. Larry Hagedorn lived close to the pasture Schaper disappeared from; his son, Bill, was later convicted in the shooting death of his live-in girlfriend. Bill is presently serving a life term in prison. There were some accounts that his girlfriend was murdered because she knew something about Schaper's disappearance. Larry was considered a person of interest in Schaper's case; he owned a backhoe and was excavating his property and burying trash at the time she disappeared. A search of the Hagedorn property turned up no evidence, however, and Larry passed a polygraph in connection with the disappearance. He died in 2005.

Schaper's case remains unsolved. She was involved with her church and had a stable home life at the time of her disappearance, and isn't thought to have walked out of her life. Authorities believe she was taken against her will.

Well in the 90s, they did a lot of digging on the property of William Hagedorn, but I don't know what came of it

Gayla Christine Schaper, 28, Missing since June 29, 1979 from Moscow, ID

--------------------------------

Gayla Christine Schaper
Missing since June 29, 1979 from Moscow, Latah County, Idaho.
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: May 1, 1951
Age at Time of Disappearance: 28 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'8"; 135 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Blonde hair; blue eyes.
Clothing: Schaper was last seen wearing a blue sweater with a gold, v-necked blouse, blue jeans and tennis shoes.
Dentals: Available

Circumstances of Disappearance

Schaper was last seen in Latah, ID on June 29, 1979, when her husband dropped her off at a pasture near the family's Dutch Boy Dairy farm to feed her horses, just east of Moscow on Lenville Road, near the intersection of State Highway 8.

She was then going either home, or to her father's home in Woodland Hills, east of Moscow.

Some clothing was later discovered in a nearby meadow, but Schaper has never been found.

Investigators

If you have any information on the whereabouts of this person, please contact:

Latah County Sheriff's Office
208-882-8580

All tips can be submitted on an anonymous basis.

Agency Case Number: C79-0122/

NamUs MP#2068

NCIC Number: M050133680

Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:
Idaho Missing Persons' Clearinghouse
NamUs
The Doe Network: Case File 16DFID

LINK:

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/16dfid.html

Hagedorn is a likely suspect,but I cant help but be intrigued by the fact that she was a 45 minute drive from Lewiston Civic Theater Killer Lance Voss.
Kristen David who I firmly beleive was one of Voss' victims was biking from Moscow to Lewiston in 1981 when she was abducted prior to being dismembered and dumped in the Snake River.
Voss Occasionally drove a delivery truck between Moscow and Lewiston.
The first known victim of the Voss Murders was a month after Schaper's disappearence, 12 year old Christina White from Asotin.
She also has never been found.

Kline! Where have you been?
Anyway, I think it was Hagedorn-his son William is in jail for killing his girlfriend-because she knew about Larry and William raping and killing Gayla. Larry would catcall and harass Gayla whenever he would see her-this according to his own daughter. Also, cops investigated Larry's property and turned up underwear that Gayla most likely wore, but no body

Also, when William was jailed, a nervous Larry would call cops to see if William had spilled the beans on "something else." When asked if his dad had raped Gayla, William said he didnt' want to get his dad in trouble.

Kline! Where have you been?
Anyway, I think it was Hagedorn-his son William is in jail for killing his girlfriend-because she knew about Larry and William raping and killing Gayla. Larry would catcall and harass Gayla whenever he would see her-this according to his own daughter. Also, cops investigated Larry's property and turned up underwear that Gayla most likely wore, but no body

Also, when William was jailed, a nervous Larry would call cops to see if William had spilled the beans on "something else." When asked if his dad had raped Gayla, William said he didnt' want to get his dad in trouble.
Oh,man...Ill fill you in later....many family crisis,including my Father's death.
I hope to get back to speed soon.
I think it likely was Hagedorn,too I always found the proximity to the Voss cases interesting though.Just goes to show that even in an area like this more then one sicko can be loose at once.

Was Voss even in the area then-where was he living in 79? I would like to know more about the rape charge Hagedorn got in the 50s and if he was committed any other assaults.

Oh,man...Ill fill you in later....many family crisis,including my Father's death.
I hope to get back to speed soon.
I think it likely was Hagedorn,too I always found the proximity to the Voss cases interesting though.Just goes to show that even in an area like this more then one sicko can be loose at once.

Condolences on your father's death. I've been away for a while too. Same reason...

Was Voss even in the area then-where was he living in 79? I would like to know more about the rape charge Hagedorn got in the 50s and if he was committed any other assaults.
Voss was living in Asotin in 1979...you can see if you look at a map how close that is to Moscow as the Crow flies.Hardly an hours drive.
12 year Old Christina White reportedly called her Mother from Voss' house and that was the last anyone ever saw of her in June 1979.

Condolences on your father's death. I've been away for a while too. Same reason...
Thank you carbuff.
And Condolences to you as well.
It takes the wind out of your sails doesnt it?
My oldest soon was hospitalized for over a month two days after my father passed.
So my sleuthing unfortunatly went on the back burner for awhile.

yes, kline condolences to you and i hope your son is better.

who owns the hagedorn place now? i wonder if the current owners would let them search the land.

I'm curious how meaningful it is that Larry (and the husband) passed a polygraph test?

Psychopaths and pathological liars, among others, routinely pass polygraphs without a tremor, while innocent people worried about being falsely accused look guilty. It also varies according to the skill of the person administering the test and the quality of the equipment. That's why it's not allowed as evidence at a trial, or in many states not even as part of employment requirements.

Thank you carbuff.
And Condolences to you as well.
It takes the wind out of your sails doesnt it?
My oldest soon was hospitalized for over a month two days after my father passed.
So my sleuthing unfortunatly went on the back burner for awhile.

Yeah, that would really wipe you out. I'm glad you're starting to get back. I hope your son's better.

Thanks for the good wishes guys.
And yeah I dont think a Sociopathic personality can ever be ruled out on the basis of a Polygraph test.
Gary Ridgeway the 'Green River Killer' passed one in the '80s.

Thanks. That's very interesting that some of these psycopaths passed a lie-detector test. I knew that they weren't admissable in court, but thought that the police gave them to immediately clear some people close to the case such as family members so they could 'clear them and get it out of the way.' Why bother? (just thinking out loud don't want to make this discussion about lie-detector tests!)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back