Will the Rebecca Zahau case be reopened?

Will the Rebecca Zahau case be reopened?

• No

Votes: 17 26.2%
  • Yes, if they get a new lead.

Votes: 24 36.9%
  • Yes, if a new witness comes forward.

Votes: 4 6.2%
  • I don't see any reason for the case to be reopened.

Votes: 4 6.2%
  • I don't know.

Votes: 16 24.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they're holding onto Rebecca's things just in case someone comes forward with new info.

I also think it's a good idea that the family is doing a separate investigation.

I think they're holding onto Rebecca's things just in case someone comes forward with new info.

I also think it's a good idea that the family is doing a separate investigation.

Considering LE closed the case and said it was an iron-clad suicide, I find the idea that they are keeping her things in case somebody comes forward rather far fetched.

I voted I don't know. Do they need to reopen the case? I don't know that, either, but they (San Diego Sheriff, Coronado Police, CA DOJ and the Medical Examiner's office, IMO) certainly need to explain the discrepancies that have been noted here and elsewhere, if we, the public, are to have any faith at all in their conclusions, and by extension, their competence to "protect and serve" the rest of us.

I voted I don't know. Do they need to reopen the case? I don't know that, either, but they (San Diego Sheriff, Coronado Police, CA DOJ and the Medical Examiner's office, IMO) certainly need to explain the discrepancies that have been noted here and elsewhere, if we, the public, are to have any faith at all in their conclusions, and by extension, their competence to "protect and serve" the rest of us.

I wonder whether that's the top priority for them in this case. Closing the case and keeping it closed does. It seems that LE will somehow have to be dragged into court in order to get any more "performance" out of them. I'd like to see Sheriff Bill under oath and providing some answers, especially on the thoroughness of their "ironclad" investigation. Even if their theory is right, I'm thinking the forensics were sloppy and incomplete. There's no "sunlight" on this case tho, and LE seems to want it that way.

I honestly feel this one will show us that big time lawyers, money and prestige, can only be fought with the same likeness on the opposite side.

In other words, it depends how many lawyers, medical personnel and big names, fight for Rebecca's cause.

In the meantime, Rebecca's siblings and parents have questions that remain unanswered.

I hope it won't take either a new witness, nor a new lead but rather another agency that is responsible for oversight in some capacity (whether state or federal) in response to Rebecca's family's concerns.

I hope it won't take either a new witness, nor a new lead but rather another agency that is responsible for oversight in some capacity (whether state or federal) in response to Rebecca's family's concerns.
I didn't even think about that when I put the poll together, elfie. That could have been another choice for the poll.
gi2.gif

I agree with everything you said. If it wasn't for this board I would have never known about the discrepancies. I believe it was a suicide, but their explanation was downright insulting. Like, "it's suicide cause we said so" insulting.

This case really bothers me, and it has from day one. Too much $$, too much power, too much pressure from high places. Shame on all the people involved in this disgusting cover-up. We need Mark Fuhrman down there with Dominick Dunne guiding him from above. All stones would be uncovered, this case would be solved and a lot of heads would roll. Come on Mark, WE NEED YOU!

Prayers for Rebecca and her family.

While I understand reasons why JS wants this to go away, so far his efforts have not been successful. I don't think he factored in Zahau family to put up such resistance.

It may be in his best interests to join with Zahaus and assist with a private investigation. Since there are so many unanswered questions, there will be whispering for years to come if left as is within his social circle, work, media and people like us. By resisting he is casting doubt on him and others involved with this. This alone is what makes me question suicide.

No PR firm can silence us WSers! :)

What bothers me is that was Jonah so quick to accept the suicide explanation. Might he not have considered someone hated him and took advantage of the situation? The investigation did not take long and he seemed to just accept that she killed herself in this manner. How do you really accept that? Especially given that he's forced to accept a tragic accident involving his son, and now an incredible suicide? Seems to me he would fight that and want to blame someone.

What bothers me is that was Jonah so quick to accept the suicide explanation. Might he not have considered someone hated him and took advantage of the situation? The investigation did not take long and he seemed to just accept that she killed herself in this manner. How do you really accept that? Especially given that he's forced to accept a tragic accident involving his son, and now an incredible suicide? Seems to me he would fight that and want to blame someone.

How do we know what he was quick to accept? If you read RZ's sister's statement, she contradicts herself. First she says he told her husband it was suicide, then she says he told her he didn't know what happened.

For all we know, JS has his own private investigation going, and he's keeping it secret because it's more effective that way. Or perhaps he had his own investigation going from day one and is satisfied with what his private team has found.

People kill themselves all the time and often family members are totally unprepared for it.

How do we know what he was quick to accept? If you read RZ's sister's statement, she contradicts herself. First she says he told her husband it was suicide, then she says he told her he didn't know what happened.

For all we know, JS has his own private investigation going, and he's keeping it secret because it's more effective that way. Or perhaps he had his own investigation going from day one and is satisfied with what his private team has found.

People kill themselves all the time and often family members are totally unprepared for it.

I'll bet you 50 bucks he doesn't have any such thing going on. If he was at all suspicious he'd be backing her family and Ann and helping them pay for it - as it's been highly broadcast that they don't have the financial means for this type of thing. It looks and quacks like a duck so I don't really need to speculate quite that much to make sense of things.

There were over 300 suicides in San Diego County last year and how many made the news. Only ones they usually make the news are suicide-murder or if a person first goes missing, then later found to be a suicide, or as in this case, unusual.

Here's an odd one where the family did not believe it was a suicide.

http://articles.sfgate.com/2008-03-28/bay-area/17167985_1_zhou-s-family-trunk-sleeping

I'll bet you 50 bucks he doesn't have any such thing going on. If he was at all suspicious he'd be backing her family and Ann and helping them pay for it - as it's been highly broadcast that they don't have the financial means for this type of thing. It looks and quacks like a duck so I don't really need to speculate quite that much to make sense of things.

Why should he have to back her family if he has his own investigation going? Why should he back a lawyer who essentially blamed him for RZ's death while it can be proven he was by his dying son's bedside? The man is grieving the loss of his youngest son. He should be entitled to do that without people making up stories about him.

I'll bet he paid for RZ's funeral and has paid lots of money to RZ and her family over the years, whether in cash, trips, or presents.

IMO

Why should he have to back her family if he has his own investigation going? Why should he back a lawyer who essentially blamed him for RZ's death while it can be proven he was by his dying son's bedside? The man is grieving the loss of his youngest son. He should be entitled to do that without people making up stories about him.

I'll bet he paid for RZ's funeral and has paid lots of money to RZ and her family over the years, whether in cash, trips, or presents.

IMO

Curious about his own investigation. Do you have a link that indicates that? Also did he pay for RZ/s funeral? Do you know that for a fact?

IMO

Like maybe a cell phone or two?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members