Sex: Female
Race: White
Hair: Blonde
Eyes: Green
Height: 5'5" (165 cm)
Weight: 120 lbs (54 kg)
Missing From: ROBINSON TOWNSHIP, PA, United States
Endangered Missing

On the evening of October 21, 1977 Ranee and her boyfriend left her residence to go get something to eat. They were last seen around 10 p.m. at a gas station. The next morning Ranee's boyfriend was found murdered in his vehicle and Ranee was discovered missing. She has not been seen or heard from since. She has a scar on her right cheek.

Robinson Township Police Department (Pennsylvania) 1-412-788-8111

Link
http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...aseNum=972250&orgPrefix=NCMC&searchLang=en_US

Richard,

Do you think that Edna, Cheryl and Ranee's disappearances could be related? They are the same age, weight, etc..and all from PA. That is a lot of similarities.

Jenn,
It is a good possibility that the three are connected. Check out also the posting on Tracy Anne King (missing 1975) and the Unidentified Girl found December 1976. The problem with linking them is that there is very little physical evidence available, and the girls were from widely separated towns, although all in PA.
All of these girls were about the same age, all disappeared without a trace. There are in excess of 40 girls missing from PA over the past thirty years. Certainly not all are linked to the same perpetrator, but the chances of a serial killer or killers being involved is highly likely.
In regard to the five 1970's girls, circumstances would indicate a highly mobile perpetrator in each case.
What do you see in them?

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/h/hailey_cassandra.html and http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/g/gregor_ranee.html

Is it just me, or are these two cases possibly related? I know they suspected a serial killer in Pennsylvania at this time too -- there were three or four cases of couples on dates where the young man was shot and the woman abducted. Maybe it's the same guy that was apparently operating in Virginia. The cases are over a decade apart of course, but he could have laid low for awhile and then moved.

There was a similar case in Arkansas in 1999, but they arrested a suspect in that case recently and judging by his age I don't think he could have done the PA/VA cases.

Wow, lots of similarities. Thanks for posting them, Meaghan!

Prayers for the Gregor, Hailey and Call families who still need answers.
Prayers for the Feeny family to have justice.

With love and HOPE, Lanie

A man named Edward Surratt was always suspected in the disappearance of Renee, but he was never formally charged. Are you familiar with him? Do you think that he abducted(and most likely murdered) Renee? I'm just curious to get other's thoughts because this didn't get a ton of press attention in the years since her disappearance.

rozzanna bonesso said:
A man named Edward Surratt was always suspected in the disappearance of Renee, but he was never formally charged. Are you familiar with him? Do you think that he abducted(and most likely murdered) Renee? I'm just curious to get other's thoughts because this didn't get a ton of press attention in the years since her disappearance.
I have never heard of Surratt. What information do you have on him?

If it's the one I'm thinking about, it seems like I read a blurb about him on the Charley Project as being a suspect for child abductions. But I scrolled through that website and can't remember which case it was...I'll keep trying. I believe at the time I saw it I was looking chronologically at missing females from 1975 to 1982 on The Charley Project. Some details I remember were----he was tried and convicted for murder, is currently in prison, during his prison term was converted from Christianity to Judaism, and was recently appealing the mandatory shaving of his beard or something to that effect. And to top it off---I can't remember what state either.

Mullins said:
Some details I remember were----he was tried and convicted for murder, is currently in prison, during his prison term was converted from Christianity to Judaism, and was recently appealing the mandatory shaving of his beard or something to that effect.
That wasn't Edward Suratt, that was Brandon Lee Flagner aka Chico Virgilio Tenorio. He was convicted of Tiffany Papesh's murder. http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/p/papesh_tiffany.html

Jenn said:
Richard,

Do you think that Edna, Cheryl and Ranee's disappearances could be related? They are the same age, weight, etc..and all from PA. That is a lot of similarities.
Jenn, what is Edna's last name? I can't seem to find information about her case. Also, is Cheryl Iacovone the one that you are referring to?

I am trying to put together a complete list of possible vicitims from this area from the lates 70s.

Richard said:
I have never heard of Surratt. What information do you have on him?
Surratt is believed to be the one who did it . He was a garbage man and stocked woman girls. He is in jail in florida for same kinds of things. he is suspected of killing 15 to 40 woman. I'm Ranee Gregors mother. If you can find anything out for me i would really apreciate it. I know alot but cant get the police to help. won't even help missing persons.
thank you

There are alot of victims from pa. beaver co and ohio this man is involved in. one lived in moon twp.her name was donna she had a husband and 2 kids.

would very much to make him tell where she is so i and her sisters can have closer.

I posted a link for missing in Pennsylvania on the " Barbara Rowan" thread, there are indeed a lot of girls of the same age missing in the years right before and following the disappearance of Ranee. Also I found these four girls all shooting victims. Debra Jean Delozier (found in the Tinicum Marsh), Denise Seaman 17 (found in the Tinicum Marsh), Mary Ann Lees 15 (found in the Schuykill river) and Layne Dorothy Spicer 16 (found in the Schuykill river). These girls were all found around 1975 I believe and also there was another girl that was never found Elizibeth Landie. Her boyfriend Robert T. Nauss was actually convicted of her murder but they never found her body. Police back then seemed to be connecting all of these deaths as well as some of the missing girl cases (Wendy Eaton, Edna Christine Thorne) to the Warlock Motorcycle gang, although I'm not really buying into that theory. Nauss, at the time he was convicted was the ex-president of the gang. There was mention of a few other members in connection also, but no one was ever convicted for these murders that I have found.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alissa000ag
Back